h20king

seadek swim pad upgrade

h20king    794

Well we missed last years crew deal and found after a hole summer with the stock pad that it is intolerable so out with the old and in with the new.After reading through several threads I was not confident that the template seadek had was correct I ordered a template kit so I get it right the first time.I started by using heat gun to remove the old deck this takes some time so be patient.Once the old pad was removed I used acetone to remove the glue residue left by the old pad this takes even longer so once again be patient and get it clean.My seadek template kit came today they were even nice enough to include a copy of the template they have for comparison to my deck.I will be adding to this thread as I move foreword with the process here are some pics to get this started................H

post-777-0-43439700-1303949046_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-39289100-1303949055_thumb.jpg

h20king    794

one before the acetone and one after also one of the seadek template they sent me for comparison..........H

post-777-0-16476100-1303950331_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-86364900-1303950370_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-48940200-1303950538_thumb.jpg

h20king    794

I plan on ordering the simulated teak deck mat with the logo of the gray deck mat............H

post-777-0-84815700-1303950798_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-11570200-1303950822_thumb.jpg

Packrat    13

Be sure to consider a swimstep cover from Evolution to put over the new SeaDek pad. I sure like my SeaDek but I must warn you don't let anyone standing on a wakeboard stand on the deck. The fins will cut into the SeaDek. Found out the hard way. Next time I will put down a towel under the fins.

You'll love the seadek swim pad. An overlooked upgrade but one that awesome once you are hangin' on the boat all summer.

T

h20king    794

well I double checked the pattern seadek had on file and good thing I did it is way to small and just to make sure it was just not my boat I double checked it on the deck of an elite v that is in my brothers shop same problem to small.I used the template kit taped the mylar to the deck then turned the deck upside down and traced the outline of the deck.With a perfect outline of the deck I flipped the deck back over and filed in the instructions.The Template is in transit but I would guess that within two weeks seadeck will have a correct template for centurions if any one else wants one for their boat..............H

post-777-0-62343800-1304027888_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-43700800-1304028278_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-93262700-1304028715_thumb.jpg

h20king    794

Well it took some time but was well worth the wait.I am so glad I made a template the pad is a perfect fit.If any of you are interested in a pad PM me and I will send you my name and the template number so you can order your pad using the template I made.I'm sure you could have any color you want.Turn around times should be quicker for everyone else on the crew now that seadek has a template that is correct.Here are some pics it is unreal how much the pad looks like real teak even down to the wood grain.....................H

post-777-0-39745700-1307144716_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-68221800-1307144768_thumb.jpg

h20king    794

Last ones I think it came out great and install was a breeze what do you guys think.....................H :clapping::clapping:

post-777-0-33939500-1307145036_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-16325400-1307145105_thumb.jpg

First timer    19

That looks sick. Nice work. :thumbsup: About time they got it to you lol

MattJ    1

Looks great - I honestly wasn't sure on the teak option, but the final product looks really nice against the red, especially with Centurion+Logo in there. You're all set for the first nice day here in the Pacific NW!

h20king    794

Thanks now that I have the pad and I know the color I just ordered a matching steering wheel but thats another thread.Also next season I will replace the pads by the walk through cooler with matching teak seadek pads to better tie things together....................H

Bongo Fury    640

Well it took some time but was well worth the wait.I am so glad I made a template the pad is a perfect fit.If any of you are interested in a pad PM me and I will send you my name and the template number so you can order your pad using the template I made.I'm sure you could have any color you want.Turn around times should be quicker for everyone else on the crew now that seadek has a template that is correct.Here are some pics it is unreal how much the pad looks like real teak even down to the wood grain.....................H

It really looks great H :thumbup: ......I will for sure be reaching out to you for the template information as a new pad is one of the mods I would like to do for for next year.

h20king    794

Thanks Bongo I was not sure about the teak at first but it was what the wife wanted.The more I look at it the more I like it.I think it goes well with the red and I'm sure I wont see another one like it for a while since it was a custom pad.I have the template saved so just let me know when you need the info and I would be happy to foreword it to you...................H

islander033    2

Last ones I think it came out great and install was a breeze what do you guys think.....................H :clapping::clapping:

Looks great, H.:thumbsup:

Carter13    69

H,

You need to give your wife a big hug and kiss because that platform pad looks BAD A$$. Way to pick it Mrs. H. :respect:

Sporty    4

Wow. Hopefully Mrs H is as smokin hot as that deck.

Wicked nice job H. Gonna have to be on the mod list for next summer for sure. Is your deck and Mine the same size/shape?

That turned out really awesome good. :unworthy::unworthy::unworthy:

h20king    794

Sporty our decks are the same size and shape so the template I made will fit perfect and that goes for the AVY and Elite owners as well.When I made my template I checked it against Prices deck on his Elite and it fit perfect.The pads that were sold in the crew deal were to small not sure where they got the pattern.....................H

Here is the PDF of my pattern with dimensions

M-FNL-12507-PV.pdf

Sporty    4

Sporty our decks are the same size and shape so the template I made will fit perfect and that goes for the AVY and Elite owners as well.When I made my template I checked it against Prices deck on his Elite and it fit perfect.The pads that were sold in the crew deal were to small not sure where they got the pattern.....................H

Here is the PDF of my pattern with dimensions

Thanks H. That is so wicked. This will be on next summers list for sure. Too late this year and my budget is done. Enjoy today and tomorrow! Sun is out!

RVR-RAT    269

H.... Looks Awesome :clapping: