1fasdzl

Good first SURF style board

WakeDoc    471

Doc- what is that board pictured?

It is the Mucus Dual-Fin, new for 2011.

Try this on the board, whe the auction is getting ready to end, get your bid ready to the point all you have to do is click once and your bid is placed, set your bid for the highest ammount you want to pay for the board and click to place the bid. If you are the highest you are good to go.

Jeremy    2

It ended up selling for $386.

WakeDoc    471

That is still a good price, did anyone on here get it?

duramat    462

That is the board you need if you can get it at the right price, Inland Surfer wise you might also want to look at the Sweet Spot and new Mucus Dual-Fin, I have not ridden one yet but, it looks to be a good entry level/intermediate board. They are 59 inches long, 20.75 inches wide, 1.5 inces thick and weigh in at 8 pounds. Inland Surfers weight range recommendation for the board is 100lbs. to 250+lbs. depending on wake size.

I must try this board out!

mucus-full.jpg

DarksideR    1,679

I'm pretty sure it's the Mucus.

1fasdzl    0

...nope, I did not get it. F!

On with the search... maybe my Oogle is going to be it for this year?

WakeDoc    471

The Oogle is a much better board than the first LF, I believe you would be disappointed and would not waste your money on the 2nd, not a bad board but, slow compared to the Oogle, I would keep looking and what for the right deal to come along.

what about the hyperlite landlock,i know its old but i got one for $65 looks new.anyone ever ride one?

desotodave    0

what about the hyperlite landlock,i know its old but i got one for $65 looks new.anyone ever ride one?

I have one, and it is absolutely the slowest most unresponsive board ever built. Good for teaching little kids how to get up as it is stable, but not good at all for larger people. Although it is HUGE if you are over about 190 it is so SLOW you have a very difficult time staying in the wake. It pearls very easily as well. So, the answer is, I have one, will keep it for the newbies, but I don't consider it a surf style board as doing things like carving/slashing like you can on a true surf style board is just not going to happen.

enzo on LI    79

Learned on one on Table Rock Lake. It was fun cause none of us had never surfed before. Have not ridden one since.

LakeSurfer    10

But if you're looking for a true surf style board then I would suggest keeping your eyes open for a used IS Blue Lake.

Great board (owned one), but to big for a crew that is 120-170lbs. If you guys are already skimming a lot, I would try to pick up a nicer used board. IS Swallow/Sweet Spot or some of the Shred Stixx mentioned. The only reason I say this is because you are going to grow out of the beginner boards very fast.

If you dont have a general boat board that people can ride, then I would go with the IS Squirt. You can ride it to figure our if you like the surf style board (and you can it ride skim as well). If you like surf style then spend some money on a nicer board. If not, the IS Squirt will also make a fantastic general boat board or it would be very easy to sell.

HughJorgan    0

Hi New Here and new to Wake surfing.

I second the Stixx, either JaMako or Thresher, can get some good deals on run out 2010 stock of these.

Here is a crappy edit of me on the Thresher, remember ive only been surfing for a few months so be

Joe B    17

Some nice air there Hugh. Like the camera angle too

desotodave    0

Hi New Here and new to Wake surfing.

I second the Stixx, either JaMako or Thresher, can get some good deals on run out 2010 stock of these.

Here is a crappy edit of me on the Thresher, remember ive only been surfing for a few months so be

Where arebyou seeing deals on the 2010 shredd stixx boards?

duramat    462

Hugh, for only only a few months THAT'S PRETTY #%$@'n impressive. Congrats mate, you just made my hero list and bumped Bigcat down to the bottom!

I love them Gopros!

What the heck is the trick to popping an Ollie? You make it look so easy :thumbsup: I'm just a master beginner it seems

Carter13    69

Hugh, for only only a few months THAT'S PRETTY #%$@'n impressive. Congrats mate, you just made my hero list and bumped Bigcat down to the bottom!

I love them Gopros!

What the heck is the trick to popping an Ollie? You make it look so easy :thumbsup: I'm just a master beginner it seems

Dura,

For starters he looks to be a buck fifty at most. Also I am guessing he used to skateboard.

You need to go on a diet if you want to Ollie like that bud. :hrhr:

I'm 200 so the Ollie ain't happening for me.

Edited by Carter13