WakeDoc

The Story Lives on the RESURRECTION

Troy. R    198

Hopefully whoever buys it doesn't pay cash.

That way the buyer will have the financing bank to, in essence, protect them. The bank will do their homework on the HIN, (I would assume they would get a boat history report) and if they don't like what they see they won't touch it.

No bank would finance a salvaged title vehicle.

Like I said before, I'm more concerned that he's concealing the fact that it was wrecked than the wreck it's self.

I am sure I am beating a dead horse here and maybe I like stirring the pot but as a follow up to the question I asked the seller, which Jeff posted earlier in this thread, I ask three more follow up questions on the 17th. Oddly I have not received a reply...

Thanks gsmotorss - A few more questions.

1. Can you tell me who did the repair work on the boat.

2. Do you have a list of what needed to be fixed?

3. Can I talk with the person that did the repair work to get an idea of how extensive it was.

Thanks again

Hull ID Number: FNEW3003C808

Well interestingly I got a reply to my questions above. Here is what he said.

Hi, I don't have any repair history. All boats that I sell are in excellent condition, during my 3 yrs experience I haven't once made a mistake. I'm not too interested in the boats history but very interested in its current condition. Thanks, Steve

- gsmotorss

T

As with many of you, this doesn't sit right with me so I told the guy, Steve, that is selling the boat about its history. Seems like the right thing to do from my moral perspective, some might deem it messing in others business but it seems right to me.

Here is what I wrote him in response to his answer above.

Understood, thank you for the follow up. If you do not know the history maybe this would help. http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.php?showtopic=1894&st=0

Check out the link it will give you and idea of what the boat has been through. It was totaled (insurance bought it back) on a freeway in TX, launched from its trailer, etc. back in Feb 2010.

Call Fineline (boat builder), check the VINs it is the same boat.

Now that its known, please pass the info on to the new owners.

Good luck.

Carter13    69

Right on Trevor. :cheers:

Joe B    17

some states if a salavage titled vehicle is restored to manufacturer specs and safety standards, a titled is 'washed' clean and re-issued. Sounds like Cali doesn't do this but depending on where it was auctioned and what state restored in this could be the case. The current dealer might have purchased this boat at auction unknowing full history, but dealers usually do homework before buying.

I'm half tempted to list another ebay auction and show pics of the totalled boat just to make the buyer beware but that's a different moral perspective.

I hope the new buyer doesn't come here asking for answers. This boat should go to a surfing camp that runs it till it sinks, not a single consumer with a family and way too much invested. Just my $.02

Bongo Fury    640

I have not been on the site for a few days and all I can say is Holy Shinto!! I was sitting in a bar at the Houston airport and saw the report on the news about the boat on the freeway... then reading WakeDoc’s account of the accident here on the crew…....and now seeing it on ebay.....unbelievable!!!

rammer998    0

4 hrs to go and its up to $40,100 If I remember right, it sold for $38,200 just before christmas

enzo101mo    98

I can't believe it sold for 40,100.00 and wonder if the deal will go through. What happens if this person comes to Crew excited about their new ride? :unknw: What do we say or do we just say Congrats. I sure couldn't tell that person after the deal closed the bad news and maybe the boat was repaired just fine. :( Hopefully the seller will be honest about what happen. We all know how excited we all get when we get a new toy. 8P

Troy    234

Well interestingly I got a reply to my questions above. Here is what he said.

Hi, I don't have any repair history. All boats that I sell are in excellent condition, during my 3 yrs experience I haven't once made a mistake. I'm not too interested in the boats history but very interested in its current condition. Thanks, Steve

- gsmotorss

T

He isn't interested in the history? What an idiot. You can paint up almost anything to make it look good but that doesn't mean it is good. The history of it tells the true tail.

I hope Steve tells the truth to the new owners or goes to court for fraud. As long as the new owners knows the truth then more power to them. IF the boat was repaired correctly, it is a nice ride.

rammer998    0

I was just doing a search on boatrader as I do from time to time looking for a boat. To my surprise, I found this:

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2008-Centurion-Enzo-SV-240-97902109

Yes thats right, its for sale for $51,000 in Kansas City, MO. I did some searching and the picture he used is from the auction in December. Gotta love the "watch list" on ebay profile. The ad says 82 hours but we all know it has 182.9 hours from the picture in the latest auction. I cant believe this is going on. Makes we want to ditch buying a used boat and just buy another new one. Atleast I know where its been when its new!!!

enzo101mo    98

OMG I can't believe this new buyer is just going to sell it thinking he's going to make a profit. Has any one wrote to him about the boat? :pirate:

LakeSurfer    10

OMG I can't believe this new buyer is just going to sell it thinking he's going to make a profit. Has any one wrote to him about the boat? :pirate:

That listing has been on boat trader for at least two weeks. My guess is that is the EBay seller trying to sell it in a few different places