WakeDoc

The Story Lives on the RESURRECTION

Joe B    17

A deal for $10k yeh, but for $34k NO WAY!!!! For 5K more I would take that 10' Avy in the Classifieds in Tenn, now that's a good deal IMO.

We should post this on WW about buyer beware.

Spud    7

Hey dark... It may have some hours on her but really it's all highway!! LMAO! :thumbsup:

LMAO !!

Holy Sh$%, I can't believe this !!!

Looking at the Ebay page, this boat isn't too far from me...

Edited by Spud

WakeDoc    471

Am I the only one that thinks that this is a good deal:) I would totally buy it! My best friends dad growing up specialized in fiberglass repair and boat rebuilding like this. He was so good you wouldn't be able to tell it apart from brand new.

This is what I was talking about, if a buyer purchases the boat knowing that it was in an accident/salvage then more power to them as long as the buyer knows up front, to sell as new/used without disclosing the history is wrong.

duffymahoney    10

This is what I was talking about, if a buyer purchases the boat knowing that it was in an accident/salvage then more power to them as long as the buyer knows up front, to sell as new/used without disclosing the history is wrong.

I would trade my avalanche for it in a heartbeat:)

Spud    7

jquick should go take a look at it, see what the deal is...

Edited by Spud

Spud    7

Not if it has a clean title, I know for mine they plugged the hull number in, but like Doc says, the buyer has the right to know the history, even the hull is new they have that right to know.... I see future lawsuit all over this sale. Someone should buy then score a new Enzo at the cost of the seller :thumbsup: It's like the mighty Enzo died and came back possessed :diablo:

Edited by Spud

duffymahoney    10

Not if it has a clean title, I know for mine they plugged the hull number in, but like Doc says, the buyer has the right to know the history, even the hull is new they have that right to know.... I see future lawsuit all over this sale. Someone should buy then score a new Enzo at the cost of the seller :thumbsup: It's like the mighty Enzo died and came back possessed :diablo:

Wrecked titles depends on the state. Also it depends on the damage. That enzo held up very well in that wreck. I would assume it would be fine if the fiberglass work was done well. I guess it just depends on the shop, and if the hull had cracks etc...

Joe B    17

Maybe another scam artist will buy it and insure it for 'New' replacement at $100k

Troy. R    198

Duffy is right. Just because it was wrecked doesn't necessarily mean it has to have a salvaged title, and it does depend on the state. Unfortunately there are no federal laws on boat salvaging.

I would be more concerned with the fact that the seller is trying to conceal the fact that it was wrecked than the wreck itself.

I know a few people that buy, fix, and sell damaged boats for a living and as long as they thoroughly "go through" the boat and properly repair it you won't have any problems. If you think about it, there's very little on a boat that can’t be fixed.

The people I know are always up front with buyers about boat history, and the boats they fix and sell are always "clean title" boats.

Like I said, I'd be more concerned about him not being up front about it. It makes me question whether or not he cut corners on the repairs.

As far as insurance, you shouldn’t have a problem getting it insured or even financed as long as the title is clean.

duffymahoney    10

Thinking about emailing him and offering a trade:)

LakeSurfer    10

I would be ok with the Seller if he told you about the history of the boat when you directly ask about service, wrecks, etc. Also, the boat is going to go for +/- $38K. That is a sh*t deal for a boat that was wrecked the way it was. I dont care how well it was professionally fixed. The best deal that we have seen lately was Sleevey's 08 SV240 that went for around $43K. That was a beautiful boat at a great price.

rammer998    0

I would be ok with the Seller if he told you about the history of the boat when you directly ask about service, wrecks, etc. Also, the boat is going to go for +/- $38K. That is a sh*t deal for a boat that was wrecked the way it was. I dont care how well it was professionally fixed. The best deal that we have seen lately was Sleevey's 08 SV240 that went for around $43K. That was a beautiful boat at a great price.

X2 Sleevey's enzo was by far the best deal i've seen this winter so far. I have yet to see a deal better then that. I kick myself & :wallbash: for not jumping on that deal

I am sure I am beating a dead horse here and maybe I like stirring the pot but as a follow up to the question I asked the seller, which Jeff posted earlier in this thread, I ask three more follow up questions on the 17th. Oddly I have not received a reply...

Thanks gsmotorss - A few more questions.

1. Can you tell me who did the repair work on the boat.

2. Do you have a list of what needed to be fixed?

3. Can I talk with the person that did the repair work to get an idea of how extensive it was.

Thanks again

Hull ID Number: FNEW3003C808

Edited by Trevor Gleadhill

rammer998    0

Cant say im not surprised you havent got an response. 1 day 12 hrs left on the auction, currently at $36,200

enzo101mo    98

WOW I can't believe this... But if I was the poor SOB that buys it on EBay and then finds out that was salvaged I would look the boat over very carefully. Then turn to the sell and say,You said it had a clear title how come it says Salvaged, then tell the seller I will only going to give you $20,000 for it. :spiteful:

Right now it going for over 36,000

duramat    462

I can see it happening...the clueless buyer is gonna take it feeling a good and all that he got a "Highway" (no pun intended) Robbery deal and then come here for questions and to share his joy......... only to......:realmad:

enzo101mo    98

Troy You Live in Modesto and that not every far from your house. Ask the seller if you could go over and look at the boat. Then as to see the title. :police: I know in the State of California if an insurance company totals and veihcle it's title would read salvaged.

WakeDoc    471

To my knowledge this is how it goes. Wrecked boat, the insurance company determines the boat to be a total loss, boat owner signs over title/ownership to insurance company giving them legal possession/ownership of the boat, insurance company then pays off any outstanding leans against the boat, if there is a negative balance the owner would provide the needed funds to satisfy the loan or if there is a positive balance the owner would receive a check for the difference, the boat is now officially owned by the insurance company, in this case boat is sold to third party in a salvage auction, this is the gray area, when the third party takes possession of the boat does the title now say salvage on it? Here is what I think, the third party is saying there is a clear title, meaning that there are no outstanding leans against the boat, what the third party is not telling the public is that the title is clean BUT, the thing the seller is not saying is that the boat has a salvage title, which is most likely the reason the last person backed out of the last deal.

Spud    7

Now that makes total sense.