h20king    794

The Portland boat show was this week it was much better than last years all the big brands were there except Epic,Nautique and Sanger.I crawled through every wake and surf boat at the show I was very disappointed in the fit and finish of the new centurions and thier prices are crazy,The MB's are out of the question as the sun deck is super tiny the Malibu's were nice as always loved the new 24 Supra the tige towers are super short and for being a pickle fork the bow is super small the new Axis A 20 had the same tower problem super short and set far back so you step off the sun deck and run directly in to the tower the Master crafts were nice but the tower looks like a transformer.The boat that stole the show was the supreme 226 the fit and finish was awesome I loved the new dash, the boat felt huge inside and to top it off it was priced better than all the rest very well optioned for around $55K anyways here are a couple pics...........H

post-777-0-99070800-1295196789_thumb.jpg post-777-0-96654700-1295196809_thumb.jpg post-777-0-12459100-1295196836_thumb.jpg post-777-0-84622900-1295196854_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-12842400-1295196891_thumb.jpg post-777-0-63946000-1295197007_thumb.jpg post-777-0-27616700-1295197042_thumb.jpg post-777-0-00528200-1295197070_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-03205900-1295197091_thumb.jpg post-777-0-08653100-1295197112_thumb.jpg post-777-0-82641100-1295197152_thumb.jpg post-777-0-33643300-1295197165_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-53958200-1295197360_thumb.jpg post-777-0-65066400-1295196961_thumb.jpg post-777-0-17504700-1295196982_thumb.jpg post-777-0-16688400-1295197139_thumb.jpg

islander033    2

H,

What was the issues with Centurion's fit and finish?

Supreme must have really stepped up their game since 2010. The V226 I crawled around felt cheap inside with a poor layout for 65K.

see boat in link...

http://www.trunorth.ca/inventory_heading/centralinventory/newboatscalgary

h20king    794

the centurions had some problems on the avy you could not open and close the observers seat without first removing the side seat on the Enzo you could not open the seat behind the driver without removing the rear facing seat back and the vinyl and stitching was not what I expected it to be for a $77000 boat.The supreme on the other hand was beautiful not my choice of colors but well put together the interior felt super high end and had a lot more room than the enzo 240+ at least it felt that way.The new dash is awesome they have moved the trim gage to the dash so it is a little different than the version you see on wake world. the ballast tanks are under the floor in the locker so a custom sack could be added on top of the factory ballast set up.The only thing I did not like is the ballast intake on the transom but was told they are working on that.I love the fact they still use mercruiser and don't have a digital dash and also love the new mercruiser smart tow gps speed control and it can be ordered with a switchblade.Overall it just felt much bigger and nicer than the centurions and the pricing was great for what you get.I spent some time talking with Andrew Huff from Kal Kustom great guy buy the way and was told they would build me one any way I wanted it.If we were not in the middle of re negotiating our union contract which expires the end of march I would seriously consider it...............H

quadjeff    0

That is to bad. Fit and finish is very important.

I am selling my 23 enzo. Just not the boat I want to wakeboard behind.

Going back to a 21... My buddy has a new supreme and it is really nice. They have made a ton of changes.

I will post later in the classifieds to sell my enzo.. I am going to give it away compared to the new prices.. LOL

If you like to wakeboard the MB 21 tomcat is killer. I ride behind my buddies. Hard to beat the wake and the 90 second ballast.

Way to many new boats. I like something some what simple but the quick fill ballast is a must. We just like to ride and not have any

problems with all the gadgets. I think all the new boats are way to high tech. All this stuff comes at a price... Never works flawless.

Great Pics H. Going to the seattle boat show to dream.. LOL

duffymahoney    10

What boat are you going with? I am most likely going to sell my boat and buy a 24 footer. I want the space and size. Most likely I will get a tige 24v. Hopefully find one with either the 380hp motor or maybe even the 400hp vette motor. All boat interiors seems to suck after a few years of heavy use. I just hope they last 5+ years without needing to be replaced. Have you seen the supreme writeup on wakeworld? Sounds terrible.

H20. My boat has transom ballast intakes and it has never been a problem. By the time we stop, drink a beer, get boards down etc.. the ballast is ready to rock:)

Edited by duffymahoney

rammer998    0

That is to bad. Fit and finish is very important.

I am selling my 23 enzo. Just not the boat I want to wakeboard behind.

Going back to a 21... My buddy has a new supreme and it is really nice. They have made a ton of changes.

I will post later in the classifieds to sell my enzo..

I will keep an eye open for your ad. 3 weeks till the Vancouver boat show. It finally returns since BC Place is under construction :construction: Definetly looking forward to it. Will dream about the new boats since the prices are getting out of hand

WakeDoc    471

Here are a few from the Houston Boat Show, SLR camera lens is worn out so we only had a iPhone to take pictures. Once thing I notice around the show was that Boatmate had some new wheels they were offering on their trailers.

bs_2011_01.jpgbs_2011_02.jpgbs_2011_03.jpgbs_2011_04.jpg

bs_2011_05.jpgbs_2011_06.jpgbs_2011_07.jpgbs_2011_08.jpg

bs_2011_09.jpgbs_2011_10.jpgbs_2011_11.jpg

WakeDoc    471

Have not seen this before, seemed to be popular thing for the kids or was it for the parents, wear them out for $5 right before heading home for a peaceful night at the house. They would put the kids in the bubble, fill it full of air with a air pump, seal it air tight and roll them into the pool.

bs_2011_b01.jpg bs_2011_b02.jpg bs_2011_b03.jpg

WakeDoc    471

The dumbest thing to waste you money on award was the Mastercraft Robot Tower 6000. This thing was a CNC marvel, I could very much appreciate the craftsmanship that went into it. The problem it just looks dumb, does not go with the boat, it is aluminum finish everything else in the boat is chrome and because of that it almost looks like plastic from a distance. Something like a 8 or 9k upgrade which is insane, if they want to use that tower they need to design a boat to fit it, the smooth lines of the boat do not fit with the robot look to me.

bs_2011_d01.jpg bs_2011_d02.jpg bs_2011_d03.jpg

Have not seen this before, seemed to be popular thing for the kids or was it for the parents, wear them out for $5 right before heading home for a peaceful night at the house. They would put the kids in the bubble, fill it full of air with a air pump, seal it air tight and roll them into the pool.

post-66-0-41447100-1295363601_thumb.jpg post-66-0-58402800-1295363612_thumb.jpg post-66-0-91683600-1295363617_thumb.jpg

They have one of those set ups in a mall near me, my boy (11yrs) love it. Kick in the pants to watch too.

T

Troy    234

Love the Blue/Black boat Doc posted! WOW. The kids in a bubble, I was in Dubai a couple years ago and they had that set up there for people to use. it was a blast to watch (I didn't give it a try, time issue).

enzo101mo    98

I could be mistaken but I believe the supreme boats are now being built by Calabria for Kal Kustom. I must say the Interior vinly that Calabria boats has always been top quality. When I was at the Centurion factory in Merced last year they where repairing a Supreme boat there.

I had recently on Centurions Facebook made a comment about how cheap their catalog book looked. They took me off the facebook access within five minutes so I no long can go on Centurions facebook (Bullsh1t}. I feel they should have taken that criticism as to help fix it. Just for the fun of it I asked Mastercraft for their catalog book. They sent me a 139 Page color catalog book with 2 CDs. One CD show the construction of the boats (I was very impressed) and the other CD was about 45 minutes long showing the performance of the boats.

I sure hope that Centurion is reading these healthy feedback from us to help them improve their quality.

WakeDoc    471

Keep something in mind, businesswise Centurion just recovered from some of the worst times in boat manufacturing history. They currently have the east coast plant closed due to this. They are recovering from a huge hit and running on a skeleton crew that I am sure is way over loaded as is. I think the website and catalog is a product of this difficult time they are in, considering everything I understand why it is not 200 pages thick, full of centerfolds and DVD’s. Do I wish it was, of course but, that is not my decision. Consider what it takes to produce everything in a 100 plus page catalog and DVD of the last year model lineup, hopefully as times get better we will see the money added to the budget.

duramat    462
I had recently on Centurions Facebook made a comment about how cheap their catalog book looked. They took me off the facebook access within five minutes so I no long can go on Centurions facebook (Bullsh1t}. I feel they should have taken that criticism as to help fix it. Just for the fun of it I asked Mastercraft for their catalog book. They sent me a 139 Page color catalog book with 2 CDs. One CD show the construction of the boats (I was very impressed) and the other CD was about 45 minutes long showing the performance of the boats.

LMAOROTF!!

soupnazi.jpg

NO FACEBOOK FRIENDSHIP FOR YOU!

That is BS I have to agree

I have to agree, the catalog does suck IMO. Kinda funny trying to sell a MRSP $100K Enzo and thats the best brouchure? Then again, what do I know.. Doc, do they even read our forums??

LakeSurfer    10

I have to agree, the catalog does suck IMO. Kinda funny trying to sell a MRSP $100K Enzo and thats the best brouchure? Then again, what do I know.. Doc, do they even read our forums??

X2, I dont think they have to have what MC/Bu/CC have but it has to be much more than what they currently have. Centurion has to decide if it wants to compete with MC/Bu/CC/Tige/Supra or whether it wants to compete with Sanger/MB Sports/Supreme. These are all great boats, but there is a very big price difference between the two groups. Right now Centurion wants to be in the 1st group (see current boat prices) and provide the marketing/dealer network of the 2nd group. As of yesterday, I can get a 2011 SV240 for $70K or I can get a Bu 247/San 230 for $85K (all boats equal in equipment). My guess is that after 3 years, all three boats will cost me about the same (when you factor in depreciation/resale value). With the Bu/CC, you get a much deeper dealer network and market recognition (especially in Dallas where Centurion is on their 3rd dealer in 10yrs. New dealer is 1 1/2hrs away). So when I go to get my next boat, I will really have to think about another brand. Especially now that every brand has basically recognized surfing is real and starting to make changes to their boats accordingly.

BTW, if you dont think other Manufacturers are aggressively marketing, go take a look at the Tige website. They have a video discussing their new surf ballast system and it mentions several times that you can surf the Tige on both sides without having to get a new transmission to change the prop rotation or add a bunch of weight on the dark side. Who do you think those comments are directed at?

I really like my Avy and when I bought it the value was 2nd to none. I dont think I could say that now. I also think that was a Chicken Sh*t thing for Centurion to do on Facebook. Especially since you own a Centurion. Centurion should have at least sent you an email to discuss your concerns.

Edited by LakeSurfer

enzo101mo    98

Thanks Lake Surfer

If I owned the Centurion and have to close south east plant I would have to look at what going on. #1 The economy #2 how do I make my product be known to the Public. #3 roll back Price to consumer back to 3 - 4 years ago. How can you ask for more money now in this economy as it is. #4 I got to become more competitive. #5 don't cut back on quality the buyer will see it.

Those to me are the 5 most important things they need to do. Boat companies that aren't thinking that way some will not make through these times.

Yes I do agree they don't need to print a 100 page catalog, They just need to go back to 2007 or 2008 catalog were they where only 39 pages. When I am looking at a 70,000.00 to 90,000.00 Boat I don't want to download it. I always felt it's bad business that you don't get the 179 page owners Manuel when you purchase your new boat but have to download it in stead.

My feeling is they put out a great product but in this economy don't try to stay up in pricing with Malibu, Mastercraft to prove your the best and the Consumer will see that and the higher price boats will fall. You want to sell more and keep tthe factories going this is what you have to do.

Has any of the Utah Surf Mafia heard if M&M Watersports are going to have anything showcased at the Utah Boat Show? I looked at the exhibitor list and didn't see thier name. Just curious if they decided to be a dealer for anyone yet. I'm assuming Utah Water Sports (new Centurion dealer) will have the same ratio on display as they did last year....95% Mastercraft 5% Centurion.

duramat    462

I havnt heard of MM picking up an exclusive line yet. I can't speak for them, but I know Fred's Marine lost Tige to High Adventure Sports. I would think that Tige would of approached them considering their expertise and history and niche here in Utah.

It will be interesting to see if Utah Watersports favors their Mastercrafts over their Centurions like last year. I can't wait to see how much they want to sell an Elite for :)