islander033    2

I was at the dealership today. The boat prices seem to be getting out of control. Keep in mind that these prices are still claimed to be the boat show values.

Example:

Loaded Falcon V was 68k

Loaded Avy was 75k

They had an Enoz 230 there as well but no price was posted and I was afraid to ask.

The best deal I seen was 52k for an Elite V.

Makes me feel better about buying used...lol. :innocent:

:innocent::D:shok:

i second the used idea.

though our avy wasnt used, it is an 07 model bought new in 09. discounts. discounts. discounts. thank god for discounts.

duramat    462

How Much is Too Much? If your asking me if Centurion is pricing themselves out of the market, My answer is YES! Its a Friggin Boat, not a FERRARI. I cant sell/Push a 70K boat to the friends of mine and they work in the Oil business. I had more influence when the boats were in 30K-40K range. I may live on the hill, but Im on the bottom of it. I see slow times ahead, and with High prices like what they want all of the sudden I dont see them selling many more. Funny thing is, the Falcon was supposed to be the new entry boat model. I remember when they came out they were from like mid 30K to low 40's K and theres one I know of at the dealers with a MSRP 70K PLUS. Is it a great boat? heck ya! Is worth 70K? HECK NO! Good luck with that my friend. Good luck.

Spud    7

Once you add fee's and taxes with interest, your looking at 90 k !! :shok: :shok: :shok: :shok: :shok: :shok: :shok: For a Falcon V ??? :innocent::D:shok:

A buddy of mine who comes on my boat sent me this laughing !!

post-448-1270598456_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spud

Carter13    69

Used is the only way to go. If I was dumb enough to spend 70K on a wakeboat it sure wouldn't be a Centurion.

A couple of questions?

Islander, was those prices Canadian or US Dollars you listed?

Spud, was that the sale price or a MSRP Sheet? It looks like the MSRP sheet I saw at the Richmond VA boat show on a boat. The sale price was way below the MSRP price. Did you ask and get a actual price on that boat or just the window sticker price.

duramat    462

I would say that is the MSRP. ok so let's knock off 10k cause the manager likes your woman you walked in with. $60k for a falcon?? Let's hope she's a plaboy bunny so you can possibly get $20K knocked off!! And that's still 50k for a falcon! HELLO??

Edited by duramat

islander033    2
A couple of questions?

Spud, was that the sale price or a MSRP Sheet? It looks like the MSRP sheet I saw at the Richmond VA boat show on a boat. The sale price was way below the MSRP price. Did you ask and get a actual price on that boat or just the window sticker price.

Those are CDN....we are pretty much at par again though.

But remember islander, us Albertans get screwed with everything we buy locally because we have lots of that dirty oil money! Par means extra money for the dealer that they wouldn't pass onto the customer.

duramat    462

Wiggle room on pricing

islander033    2
But remember islander, us Albertans get screwed with everything we buy locally because we have lots of that dirty oil money! Par means extra money for the dealer that they wouldn't pass onto the customer.

So true....welcome to Canada...eh...lol.

Wiggle room on pricing

If they did that song and dance I would have traded in both boats on the spot!

A couple of questions?

I'm getting ready to start paying in amero-bucks

I have an invoice sold to the dealer from Kal Kustoms on January 2008 for an 08 Avy with trailer for $42,784.75

base price for Avy $34,575.00

trailer price $2895.00

islander033    2

I've been informed that the 75k for the Avy is not the boat show price.....that sticker must have fallen off somewhere ....lol.

LakeSurfer    10
I was at the dealership today. The boat prices seem to be getting out of control. Keep in mind that these prices are still claimed to be the boat show values.

Example:

Loaded Falcon V was 68k

Loaded Avy was 75k

They had an Enoz 230 there as well but no price was posted and I was afraid to ask.

The best deal I seen was 52k for an Elite V.

Makes me feel better about buying used...lol. :clapping:

I really hope those are not what dealers are really asking for Centurions. The one reason I bought my Avy was that I thought it was a great boat for $. I guess it makes me feel great about buying mine for what I paid.

Also, I could buy a Bu for that amount.

zapisor    43

My quote on a 2010 230, equipped the same way as my Falcon (other than the big PCM), was 89k, plus taxes including basic stereo...

To replace my Falcon with all the options I currently have they want 71k (including PCM).... I will grant that the new interiors are superior to the 2008's but that is a 19k swing. The us dollar should not be a factor, when I ordered mine in 08 it was the same exchange as it is today.

We talked trading my Falcon in..... the difference well..... ended the conversation.

Its a very interesting market here in Edmonton, Wizard wants huge $$ for the Malibu's/Nauti's, Bary Jays wants huge $$ for the Centurions but is blowing out thier left over Nauti's, and Martin is really agressive with the Mastercrafts.

In all honesty, one could pick up an x-star that has a sticker price of $120k for the price of a 230, you would just have to deal with the bad surf wake, but I think it is safe to assume the resale would be better with the star.

I know Centurion has stepped up thier game, but thier reputation in the industry (IMHO) has allways been the "Big bang for your buck" and I don't see it this year.

I love Centurions, but when you start talking 90+k its a whole new ball game.

islander033    2
........Bary Jays wants huge $$ for the Centurions but is blowing out thier left over Nauti's.........

I've heard that the blown out Nauti's will not be serviced by Wizard lake.....this is why BJ's is selling them so cheap. You get a sweet boat with little to no support.

enzo101mo    98

In 2005 I bought my Enzo for 55,000 my brotherpaid for his 2010 $72,000 And that was last July. I believe it how greedy the dealer is, so shop around even if you buy it on the internet. Some dealers want to move them faster some want to pocket more profit and sell less. :ball: .

Bigcatpt    408

Our dealer is also the Mastercraft dealer. :innocent::wallbash: :wallbash: I'll let you pick whether he wants to move them faster with less profit or make more profit and sell less. There is nothing cheap in a mastercraft dealership.... :ball::thumbup:

WakeDoc    471
There is nothing cheap in a mastercraft dealership.... :ball::thumbup:

I could think of a couple of things... :innocent: