duffymahoney    10

So I am a teak lover but the previous boat owner let mine got to hell. I have refinished it 3 times and I got sick of it. It only looks good for for a week after I refinish it. My boat spends months in a marina and last year I had 3 very scary slips and even one guy that hit his head on my transom. It could have been very bad, and it's something I worry about. So I had it covered in black line-x bed liner. Cost $100. I know some of you are going to hate me for this, but I think I basically had to. I am going to cover the line-x in either gator grip or something of that sort. Looks pretty good, I guess just like I thought it would. It's not slippery at all and it's smooth enough that swim suits should be ok. The guy actually had an older sanger in his shop that he did the deck 6 years ago on and it looked brand new. Here are some pictures.

Duffy

duffymahoney    10

I had lots of options and I finally settled on this. I was thinking of fully sealing it and putting clear surf tape on it, but I thought that might only hold for 2-3 years and then I would be back to square one. I think some gator grip or some sort of pad will make it look like a stock deck.

Bigcatpt    408

I think it is ugly but very functional!!! I think if you put a gator grip pad on there (choose a different color than black) it will look sweet again and be uber functional!!! I think either red or white would make it look excellent and give it a stock look!

WakeDoc    471

Make a template of it, send it to SeaDek and have them cut one for you with the Centurion logo on it.

Sloner3020    0

Glad you posted this! I am doing the same thing at the moment. I bought my boat from an owner who paid NO attention to maintaining the Teak platform and it resulted in an almost white color. I tried sanding it down and re-staining/finishing last year and it never looked right. Looking forward to seeing how it comes out. Looks like yours has a nice finish.

duffymahoney    10

Any idea on how much sea deck costs?

Spud    7

That would complete your deck Duff, also that stuff looks good for the Falcon V behind V-Pad. My first thought was someone is going to eat pooh and take them selves out... Hmm.. :thumbsup:

Edited by Spud

duffymahoney    10

The guy that slipped on my teak almost hit the grab rail and I think he would have really been hurt. The actual moment when I decided to change it is when I was done from a long day of surfing and I had changed into land clothes and I slipped off the deck and landed in the nasty nasty marina water! Everyone had a good laugh.

Looks good Duffy, BTW, is that a pair of Alpine Stars Motocross boots in the background??

Carter13    69

They look like snowboard boots.

LakeSurfer    10

looks good. I hope you had a big bucket for all of the water on the boat cover

duffymahoney    10

I actually have to siphon the water off with a garden hose. I have been trying to figure out a better system but nothing has worked perfectly yet. And yes they are snowboard boots:)

Bigcatpt    408
I actually have to siphon the water off with a garden hose. I have been trying to figure out a better system but nothing has worked perfectly yet.

Just throw in one of your ballast pumps and the water goes bye bye really fast!!! B)

h20king    794

looks good Duff I think it is fine as is saw one done on WW then covered with gator grip and personally thought it looked better without

look like DC boots?

im at dodge ridge today for some snowboarding. should be a good day.

they're making a pond and you can board or ski across it.

looks like my first day in the water [[literally]] will be today.

but the high today is only 35!!!

oh boy. starting to rethink the pond idea.

maybe ill just wait until the avy is out of the shop.

duffymahoney    10

Yeah gator grip can look weird. I got a good deal on some. I will put it on and see what it looks like. It's just white and grey. Here is the color. Yes DC boots, I usually rock Burton but lately I think their quality has gone down. I live within 20 minutes of a world class ski hill. We have 9 new inches this morning! But I have to work all day:(

Edited by duffymahoney

Carter13    69

I was up on Mt Hood yesterday and there was 18" of fresh to tear up. ;)

The mountain is two hours from our home and is far from world class but way better than Big Bear and Snow Summit in Cali where I grew up.

Bigcatpt    408

The place where I snowboard has got 52 inches of fresh powder since Wednesday!!!