Dreamer    96

This thread should be permanently attached to the first page. Is that a "sticky"?

How do we go about getting it done?

Dreamer    96

The OJ 5-blade is my new favorite prop for wakesurfing. It was a 14" diameter so I had it trimmed a quarter inch and they added a bit of cup.

The cruising rpm and top speed are very comparable to a 1579 but it has better holeshot and lower rpm's wakesurfing. In my SV230 my rpm's were 3-400 rpm lower wakesurfing.

DarksideR    1,679

SWEET!

Lets see some more video! Lol, Just 2 more weeks till I plan to take my boat out. It's killing me!

ok so i have a oj 13x14 that came off of my old eclipse. and have an 817 on my enzo which doesnt plane well when weighted. im thinking of buying the 1579 but am wondering if it was worth trying my oj or is it a waste of my time? is 13" too small? will rpms be to high? im kinda prop stupid lol. any help is appreciated thanks.

Dreamer    96

Get you 817 repitched to 15.5" and see if that works.

DrNate    426

I was just wondering about my prop as well. 90% of the time it does just fine but when I set the boat up goofy (almost 3500#), it was a total dog, would not go above 9 or 10 mph.

I am at sea level. So the question is, what prop do I even have and what prop should I consider? It's a 2011 240 Enzo with the PCM 409

Oh, and I care totally zero about top end speed

Edited by DrNate

superdtf    68

ok so i have a oj 13x14 that came off of my old eclipse. and have an 817 on my enzo which doesnt plane well when weighted. im thinking of buying the 1579 but am wondering if it was worth trying my oj or is it a waste of my time? is 13" too small? will rpms be to high? im kinda prop stupid lol. any help is appreciated thanks.

I'm going to suspect that the diameter is too small for it to grab enough water. The pitch is steep enough, and you've got the horses to push it- but I bet it ends up cavitating.

thanks for the info. i think ill just buy the 1579 and possibly get my 817 repitched for a spare and try to sell my oj prop

Ok so I'll apologize in advance. I'm sure it's covered but I'm confused. I was getting ready to order my 1579 ant thought I should look at my gear ratio and discovered my 06 sv230 has a 1:1 ratio. Soo is the 1579 gonna work for my boat? I mostly surf and wake board. Is there a different prop more suited for this ratio? Thanks again

From my research on props for the 1:1 I've found the 911 to be prop of choice if your going to be heavily ballasted... I just ordered one from the site for my avy... I run 1800-2400 depending on size of crew when wake boarding... Looking to give surfing a try this summer

Dreamer    96

thanks for the info. i think ill just buy the 1579 and possibly get my 817 repitched for a spare and try to sell my oj prop

The OJ 5-blade is better than the 1579.If you order one get them to trim the diameter to 13.5" and add cup accordingly.

superdtf    68

Ok so I'll apologize in advance. I'm sure it's covered but I'm confused. I was getting ready to order my 1579 ant thought I should look at my gear ratio and discovered my 06 sv230 has a 1:1 ratio. Soo is the 1579 gonna work for my boat? I mostly surf and wake board. Is there a different prop more suited for this ratio? Thanks again

Are you certain? This doesn't sound right to me. The tranny is likely 1:1, but the v drive almost certainly has a gear reduction in the neighborhood of 1.5:1 I would hate for you to order something without a good understanding.

Make sure that you are looking at the V-Drive and not the transmission. The Transmission will be a 1:1 the Walter V-Drive on the MerCruiser models is what makes the gear reduction. It should have a tag on it that says 1:46:1 or something like that.

dezul    10

I will make my contributions to this thread considering I just pulled my prop for the first time today. It takes a 1" & 1/16" socket or a larger crescent wrench to remove the nut. I hate crescent wrenches so I picked up a deep socket from autozone for just a little under 8 bucks. The local prop guy lends out a prop puller for a $50 deposit so I didn't need to buy one of those. I tightened the puller down and just a couple of taps on the opposite side of the the puller (on the prop itself) and it popped right off. I made sure the nut was still on so it would catch the prop. It was pretty simple. Took maybe 5 minutes total.

Thanks, ill double check its very possible i was looking at the transmision. where is the v drive tag?

dezul    10

Bumping this thread back to the top.

I am in the market for a new prop. I am currently running the ACME 497. What prop is suggested for my 06 Lightning? I mainly wakeboard but I plan to do a little more surfing this summer. I run about 1500lbs for wakeboarding. Any suggestions? I have been looking at the ACME 1579. Would a ACME 537 work better for my situation?

duramat    462

Bumping this thread back to the top.

I am in the market for a new prop. I am currently running the ACME 497. What prop is suggested for my 06 Lightning? I mainly wakeboard but I plan to do a little more surfing this summer. I run about 1500lbs for wakeboarding. Any suggestions? I have been looking at the ACME 1579. Would a ACME 537 work better for my situation?

The 1579 would work well for that amount your running. Last time I had 750's filled and with crew it took forever to get up on plane and was just painful with my 537. Your RPM's will go up, but the 1579 will be your ticket IMO. For surfing the 537 works fine when slammed, just not for WB'ing and slammed (im at 4K elevation)

Edited by duramat

dezul    10

The 1579 would work well for that amount your running. Last time I had 750's filled and with crew it took forever to get up on plane and was just painful with my 537. Your RPM's will go up, but the 1579 will be your ticket IMO. For surfing the 537 works fine when slammed, just not for WB'ing and slammed (im at 4K elevation)

My elevation is roughly 800 feet. Will a 13.5 diameter prop work on my boat?

volzalum    280

Tim, you need to measure the distance you have from the closest points of your blades to the boat surface, and measure your prop since it was tuned last year. See if the 13.5 still leaves you enough clearance. The minmum clearance you want is a half inch. At a half inch you will get some cavitation. If you want to put my prop on your boat to check it for clearance, let me know. If the weather is good I will be starting spring cleaning on my boat Saturday and prop will be easy to get off the boat.