tgaugh    2

What props does everyone have? What boat? What engine? Where are you located (elevation)? What have you tried/tested?

We have the Merc Black Scorpion, in 08 Enzo SV240 w/ ACME 537 in Texas.

I am told that the 1579 (don't quote me on the #'s) is the better choice, more holeshot and a loss of the top. Very limited by the 13.5", does anyone run anything else with this setup?

WakeDoc    471

Our SV240 came with a Acme 537, this prop might be fine for the smaller boats but the 240 needs a different pitch to get it out of the hole and on plane quicker.

uga33    0

2006 Avalanche Merc 330hp ACME 497. This prop has a 17.5 pitch. Have been considering a lower pitch. Good thread. Anxious to hear what other Avalanche owners are running.

duramat    462

Elite V, Black Scorp 330, 4200ft above, ACME 537

ladderrat    0

good thread!!! lookin at lower pitched props for the falcon v as a spare. thought i'd go from the stock 537 down to a 14 or 15 pitch just to help out with surfin..... dont spend as much time slalom anymore, thought it would be easier on the motor......

:rofl:

tgaugh    2

I understand with the right prop you can really increase your top end!

post-63-1212373491_thumb.jpg

• Haha 1

steedracer    0

Originally, our Enzo SV230 with 350 MAG came with an ACME 515 3-blade. After I whacked our trailer bunk with it real good one night (trailer was in too deep) during our first month with the boat, it was time to talk to ACME about the next prop (though they did repair the 515, which I now carry as a weekend saver in the boat). The new prop suggested (based on only the 500 lbs. of ballast or so we running at the time in our Enzo 230) was a Acme 525 3-blade (purchased from Delta propeller). I noticed a better hole shot and improved performance all the way around, with little noticeable difference in top end. We are into our third season with that prop, and now that we are carrying upwards of 2000 lbs. of ballast :wub: , I am wondering if I need to change yet again. Hole shot could be improved (as well as Perfect Pass rebound), but once I added the 500 lbs. up front (which better aligns the prop angle for forward motion rather than upwards motion), it really isn't all that bad. Since I don't have the Black Max (I wish), I don't know how much more pitch the 350 MAG can handle (duh?). Hope that helps.

Burton158SM    0

I think we're a little higher in elevation, but we run 2 different props.

Down in Lake Powell (@ 3600 Feet) we're running an ACME 857 and have great holeshot and a nice wake to surf on.

Up north in Bear Lake (border of UT and ID @ 6000 feet) we're going to try something new this weekend. Acme hammered out all of our specs and sent us an ACME 1619. We'll see how it does. We've been hurting for top end and our WOT RPM's have been down around 4200. Jim @ ACME says he's almost positive this will give us what we are getting out of the 857 at Powell.

Kevin Baugh    78

steedracer

What year is your Enzo?

steedracer    0

Good ole original year 2004 model! It never sold at a dealership in another state (very little options were ordered). When "Pork Chop" :blink: got a hold of it in Nashville, some things were added, and wha-lah...she's ours. May '06 was the first time in the water (sans demo's) for her. She has been great. We show up, crank her up and go flat out all day! Nothing major or minor has broken on her yet (forgot about the exhaust header gasket that was replaced at the end of the first season...a mercruiser issue, that a TSB is available for).

I'm sure Pork Chop would love for me to buy his new 2008 demo Enzo 230!! It is gorgeous, BTW, and the trailer with upgraded wheels is B-A.

Hope the levees hold up there...seriously!

tgaugh    2

ACME 1619 13.5 x 13.75 x 0.075

RPM GPS

3000 14.2

3500 21.8

4000 27.6

4500 31.2

5000 34.6

5360 36.2

The rev limited hits @ 5360 and topped out @ 36.2. This test was performed on pretty decent water, two people in the boat, no trim and no ballast and minimal gear. I tested the prop out later sacked out with a large crew, full gear and it performed very well.

I am going to back this off and test again with the 1579 and capture the same. I don't know how I forgot to run the same test. I think 15 minutes with the 537 will be a good test too just so we have the information.

Joe B    17

My .02 cents is what NOT to Run :give_rose: . I don't know if this was the stock prop or what, but 425 ACME 13x13" 3-blade. The first 6 hours were put on by the dealer so if not stock then he's not telling me something. Yehh, no problem with ballast and not top end either.

Not sure if I'm breaking 40mph with 330 Scorp.

Next prop will either have 14.25" or 16" pitch.

Edited by Joe B

tgaugh    2

We should merge them all.

We have a 1579 on right now, I just need to get out and test the same RPMs. I want to capture it for all three props we have. Maybe it can save some time for people later.

Can we merge the threads?

Edited by Loc

Joe B    17

What people are running: numbers come from Acme's website, brackets are summary of reviews.

Enzo 230/240:

537 13.50 16.00 .105 cup 4 (looking for better holeshot)(too much prop, need to lower pitch)

1579 13.50 14.25 .105 cup 4 (better choice)

857 13.25 15.50 .060 cup 4 (very good holeshot, surf, WOT)(too much prop at high elevations only)

1619 13.50 13.75 .075 cup 4 (high elevation, hitting rev limiter, WOT is 36.2mph)

1631 13.50 14.25 .150 cup 4 (plenty holeshot with 2000lb+)(Will hit rev limiter)(15" should be ideal)

Avy:

497 13.00 17.50 .105 cup 4 (fast, but no holeshot. Need to lower pitch) 330 Scorp

425 13.00 13.00 .080 cup 3 (hit rev limiter, WOT is 38mph)(changing to 14.25 pitch) 330 Scorp

515 13.00 12.00 .080 cup 3 (good holeshot but maybe higher pitch needed) 350 mag

525 13.00 11.50 .080 cup 3 (good holeshot but maybe higher pitch needed) 350 mag

517 13.00 16.00 .105 cup (recomended by ACME for stock ballast and good high end)

1631 13.50 14.25 .150 cup (recommended by ACME for 2000lbs ballast and decent top end)

1579 13.50 14.25 .105 cup (recommended by ACME for 2000lbs ballast and best hole shot 2mph slower than 1631)

Elite V:

537 13.50 16.00 .105 cup 4 (high elevation) 330 scorp

Falcon:

537 13.50 16.00 .105 cup 4 (might lower pitch for better holeshot/plane faster) 350 mag

FYI, cup size helps the prop bite the water for holeshot. Higher cup will reduce RPMs about 200 WOT.

I'll edit as I see more reviews.

Edited by Joe B

Joe B    17

For the Avalanche from the head engineer at ACME: "I am suggesting either

the Acme 517-13 X16 VL4B 1.125 bore .105 cup., The 517 list for $469.00 or The Acme 1631-13.50X14.25VL4B 1.125 bore .150 cup. The 1631 will have the stronger hole shot & less top end speed. The 1631 list for $509.00 The 1579 -13.50X14.25VL4B 1.125 bore .105 cup. The 1579 list for $509.00 The 1579 will have the strongest hole shot of all these propeller but the top end speed will be about 2 mph less than the 1631.

I am quite sure the boat should have came from the factory with the Acme 497 -13 X17.5 VL4B 1.125 bore .105 cup."

I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the 1631.

The 1579 was always my safe bet on best hole shot, and the 517 would be too much strain on the engine for 2000lbs of surf ballast.

duffymahoney    10

Joe B,

My boat came with 2- one new acme 515 and one used 515, both looks flawless. Will this prop be a good heavily weighted wakesurf prop?

Joe B    17

Duffy, just remember that the engine's rev limiter is 5200 and you'll get an alarm and engine cutout at just under 5400.

13x12" is great for heavy loads and getting on plane, but don't freak out at your top end probably around 34mph. My 13x13" was too small and clocked on the gps at 37mph. You could always sell a prop and put the money towards a better fit like the Acme 1579. My old prop will serve as a good spare. You'd be surpised how much better the boat hooks up with the water when the right prop is on.

I love my 1631 with 330 scorp

duffymahoney    10

I never ever go above 25mph. My lake is huge and gas is to expensive to run around at high speeds. We drive out and just start surfing! So I think the prop should be great!

tgaugh    2

We were out in the 230 the other day with a 537, man I forgot what it was like to go fast on the water! I've gotten so used to these big props with no top end I just forgot.

Got home, lips chapped, face wind burned, might not have been able to pull a load well but we were the white "go-fast" boat with that prop.

islander033    2
We were out in the 230 the other day with a 537, man I forgot what it was like to go fast on the water! I've gotten so used to these big props with no top end I just forgot.

Got home, lips chapped, face wind burned, might not have been able to pull a load well but we were the white "go-fast" boat with that prop.

LOL...you must have hit almost 40mph with that 537 at WOT. That must have been scary!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..