guitarcrazy

New Boat Ordered! 2008 Elite V C-4

guitarcrazy    0

Hello everyone, posted this at wakeboarder.com but was told this is the place I need to be. I wanted to get an early start on the wakeboard season so I ordered a new boat yesterday. I had it narrowed down to the Centurion Elite V C-4 and the Supreme V-220 Sky. The V220 is an 07, still new and untitled, and priced very well. The Centurion is an 08, new, and slightly more expensive than the V220 ($2K). In the end I went with what was supposed to be a slightly better wake for boarding and surfing, an extra seat, and the tribal graphics that I liked a bit more. I can't wait to pick it up in April. First question; anyone have any experience weighting the Elive V? What do you recommend for intermediate boarding? Also, first try at wakesurfing, so we need to get a surfboard and figure out how to dial it in for surfing as well. I currently have a Reinell I/O with a tower, so I am expecting this to be a huge improvement in performance. Thanks for your thoughts. J

duramat    462

WELCOME HERE GUITAR!!

CONGRATS! Dude your going to love it! The Elite V is a fandamtastic boat, GET STOKED! First started out with 400lbs sacs in the back lockers for the first two seasons for wakeboarding. and stacked em on the one side for surfing, and that works. I finally upgraded to Flyhighs 750's for the rear lockers and its been perfect! The hull is sensitive to weight for a balanced wake but it can still be achieved. Also recommend a bow sac around 300-400 #. Now if you have a crew, and your sac'c out and boarding,,,this is the important part, be sure you have the right prop for all that weight or it will be painfull getting on plane. Whats your elevation? Maybe hit the dealer to give you the proper prop for all the weight so you dont have to spend $, however,,may be a good idea to have a second one as backup. Sometimes bad JU JU happens :thumbsup:

Surfing! I recommend the Inland Surfer Blue Lakes. (my preference) If you can pick up a cheap board like a Hyperlite Broadcast 5' 9'' thats a good starting board for all but you'll outgrow it real fast.

What colors did you go with? Again Congrats!

h20king    794

congrats Clemens still has some good deals glad to hear someone took advantage.Where are you located? I'm in Portland not far from Clemens

guitarcrazy    0

I'm in Great Falls Montana. Our lakehouse is at $3500' or so (Holter Lake). I have an uncle in Hillsboro who is going to water test it for me next week, and then I just need to arrange time to drive down to Portland to pick it up. Maybe you want to drive to Montana and pull it up for me? :thumbsup: Snowboarding is awesome right now. J

Edited by guitarcrazy

Carter13    69

Congrats.

Not a bad price.

guitarcrazy    0

Thanks, I was happy on the price. He actually discounted it some more and then threw in the extras. I can't complain. I almost went with a new 07 Supreme v220 Sky that was discounted to $29900, but it sounded like the Centurion was more wake-dedicated and the extra seat was a plus. The dealer with the Supreme was very good to work with, and I felt bad for picking the Centurion, but I think it will work better for us.

elc    2

Congrats on the new boat... Exciting!

Second Duramats recommendation on a new prop. I waited a year to purchase a different prop and regret the time I spent trying to get my boat on plane with the stock prop.

guitarcrazy    0

Which prop did you switch to? with the 330HP motor I assumed it would rip out of the hole.

Edited by guitarcrazy

elc    2

HP is going to help on top end speed. The prop is going to help get you out the hole when your rig is weighted down. I had a 1631 - 13.5 x 14.25 LH 1 1/8 Bore on my 05 elite v but I had the merc mag 350. My original was a 497 (4 Blade 13 x 17.5 LH 1 1/8 Bore) perfect for a spare. I think Joe b on this site, is running the same prop on his boat - not sure if he has the scorpion or not. You can alway's call ACME and tell them what weight you are planning on running and get their opinion on what prop to use... the sales engineer there is very knowledgeable.

Edited by elc

islander033    2
Which prop did you switch to? with the 330HP motor I assumed it would rip out of the hole.

The minimum prop that you would want is the ACME 537. I have the ACME 1579 on my Elite V.....great for surfing but almost too much for wakeboarding.

duramat    462

Mine is a high altitude prop ACME 537. It works fine with the 400# sacs and crew, but pushing the limits. I don't sac out my 750's so much for boarding, but my 537 moves me fine for surfing. I may try a dif prop later this year

duramat    462

Islander us the 1579 the next one to try? Or s the 537 better than the 1579?

islander033    2
Islander us the 1579 the next one to try? Or s the 537 better than the 1579?

Wakeboarding=537,1161,1125

Surfing=1579,1465,1237,1631

When in doubt call ACME.

Edited by islander033

Foiler    1

Sweet boat!! I almost got that Elite V from CLemens. They had one listed pretty cheap and it sold, I tried to buy another one at the same price and the salesman said he would try and make it happen, I called the wife and she gave the go ahead which I couldn't believe and was my biggest hurdle but then the salesman said he wouldn't sell it for that and then the wife wouldn't agree to go any more and I went back and forth with them until I finally gave up. And then you ended up getting it for that price and getting extras, :wallbash: I ended up getting a great deal on a Typhoon but the Elite V is actually what I wanted. I love that boat and I love the Tribal tower, lots of headroom and will fold down enough to go under a garage door. It is going to be a great summer for us!!! Congrats!

Troy    234

Nice boat! Congrats! Welcome to the Centurion family.

Spud    7

Awesome, you'll love it !!

bobback    3

J - congrats and welcome to the site! I have an 08 too and have 3 tank stock ballast. I have found with my wife and I and 4 other people (additional 800lbs approx.) I get a real good surf wake w/ pp set at 11.2.

Here's what I'm going to do this year: http://www.centurioncrew.com/Fat-sacs-reco...tion-t1908.html

Not sure if I'll put the 750lb sac on the seat, or see what I can put under the seat.

Dealer should switch out the prop for a high altitude prop at no additional charge. If they won't, let me know and I can give you hand.

I live in Bozeman and we go to Hauser all the time, so if you're ever up that way let me know...nice tho having a place on Holter!

guitarcrazy    0

Hi Foiler, sorry they didn't work things out with you. When I called the first time I got a salesman who sounded older, and he was not very helpful. I asked if the price on the website was firm, or negotiable and he said 'it's marked way down. If you want it, buy it.'. I said thanks and figured I'd go with the Supreme that we found first. The Supreme dealer was very nice, boat was cheaper, and I figured that was it. On a whim I called back the next day and got Phillip. He was totally opposite from the first salesman. He asked what other boats we were considering, made some comments about how the Supreme was also a nice boat. He had sold Supremes in the past and was very knowledgeable about them. He didn't try to run down the other boat, but instead focused on why the Centurion would fit our needs better. He then worked out a lower price, and got the options I wanted (Montana - HEATER!). If it wasn't for Philip I would have bought the Supreme for sure.

Thanks BobBack, I would love meet up with you some time. We are lucky to have Holter, my wife's grandfather built the cabin in 1971 when everyone thought you were crazy to build anything there. Now it is almost impossible to get a place unless you know someone or win the lottery. I'll check on the prop, hopefully they'll swap it out. J

Edited by guitarcrazy