WakeDiva

Checkout what we did this weekend!

WakeDiva    2

So WakeDoc watches the weather all winter hoping for a break where it warms up enough to get the boat out and head to our winter oasis Fayette County Reservoir. In the past I did not worry about it much since I was only along for the ride. I did not really start consistently wakesurfing till this past season. (more details here) I knew I was not getting out of riding this winter. :thumbdown:

So on Friday night Doc started mentioning to me about heading to the lake on Sunday, as much as I wanted to say "NO way" I knew deep down I wanted to ride. So after getting the duffle bag of assorted wetsuits we have collected over the years, we found a full suit that fit me, I had no excuses now.

Sunday morning we got up and started getting things together for the lake, Romeo, our dog was going nuts, since we have not been out in almost 2 months and he knows when Doc starts bagging boards we are heading to the water.

As we drove out I-10 we watched as the temp gauge in the truck slowly climbed a degree at a time. A little background this lake having a power plant on it is warmer in the winter which also draws a lot of fishermen. So we are rolling into the parking lot at the ramp with around 25 rigs and everyone of them are for fishing, oh the looks we get. We load up & head out across the lake to the dam for some riding.

When we got to the dam & started loading the ballast we were pleasantly surprised at the conditions, the water was even smoother closer to the dam with the very light winds.

fay_02.jpg fay_22.jpg

Romeo was not pleased that the weather man was wrong [again] and the sun did not break through the clouds to warm the air up into the high 60's to low 70's as predicted but, the water was a little warmer than we thought it would be.

fay_01.jpg fay_03.jpg fay_04.jpg

Since I've never ridden in the middle of winter, Doc insisted that I go first, how nice of him. I think he might have been trying to determine whether or not he would get in & wanted to make sure I did. The start of my first run I rode with the rope for a while, I was relunctant of letting go and dropping into the cold water. After I warmed up, no pun intended, I threw in the rope and enjoyed the riding ropeless. :wallbash:

fay_05.jpg fay_06.jpg

fay_07.jpg fay_08.jpg fay_09.jpg

fay_10.jpg fay_11.jpg

Doc was next, he too warmed up with the rope, knocking the rust off after two months of no riding, soon the rope was in the boat and he was right back where he left off. :wallbash:

fay_12.jpg fay_13.jpg

fay_14.jpg fay_15.jpg

We both rode as long as we could so by the time Doc was done there was only enough time for one more run so believe it or not I jumped back in.

fay_16.jpg fay_17.jpg

We took our time cleaning up the boat. She needed a little extra love after sitting up for 2 months. I believe the reward was the unbelievable sunset that we actually pulled over on the way home to enjoy.

fay_18.jpg fay_19.jpg

fay_20.jpg fay_21.jpg

With winters like this no need to be in a big hurry for summer.

Don't Be Hating... :wallbash:

Troy    234

Dang!! Very nice! thanks for sharing!

Oldwakedude    0
With winters like this no need to be in a big hurry for summer.

Don't Be Hating... :thumbsup:

That looks so nice, sorry I missed it :crybaby: , almost fully recovered :doc: so I am looking forward to the next spot of good weather :Surfing:, your boat or mine, lets do it.

Oh, yeah, Diva, Love the suit :shok: , but Doc needs to get one to match your board , now that you are riding like a pro :Rockon: , gotta dress the part 8) .

I got to enjoy a very similar experience this past Sunday as well. After watching my beloved Cowboys end their season in a very anticlimactic fashion, I caught up to my friends at Lake Amistad. We enjoyed a very warm afternoon of wake surfing behind his Calabria. That was my first time on a Calabria, and while it made me appreciate the boat, I still wouldn't trade it for my '95 Centurion. The only thing I was truly jealous of was his hot water shower. That things was legit! Anyway, it was a good tease for the warmer months ahead.

duramat    462

:thumbsup::crybaby::Surfing::Rockon:

someday....someday...

:shok:

Audionly101    39

You are both very lucky. I was driving my very heavy Ford F350 from my regular summer boat landing out to my favorite fishing hole this past weekend. The ice is about 22 inches thick now. I think that much ice might be a little rough on the prop if we wanted to drop the boat on the lake...

jcaKSUme    0

WakeDoc and WakeDiva, I'd like to come join you guys again this winter. I have been really busy with work this last 3 weeks. I'll make sure I bring my hat so you guys can see me when I get there..LOL Miss you guys!!

Spud    7

Lucky...

post-448-1264004458_thumb.png

WakeDoc    471
Lucky...

Don't your lakes need the rain?

Spud    7

Oh gosh yes, but seeing your pics and then anticipating what this rain is going to do makes sad and impatient. :horse: