Troy    234

Don't worry I really like the Centurion's so I will be around.

The 08 Avy in the craigslist add, I sent them an e-mail to get full list of options and exact location.

jquick    0

hopefully things work out for you.... getter done.... getter wett :thumbsup:

h20king    794

troy the 08 avy is here in portland they are the same guys we bought our falcon from he had it listed for 33,500 two weaks ago i have seen it.IT is nice new 08 avy optioned fairley nice great buy

Troy    234

Well it doesn't have PP and I rather have the Double up tower. It is a great deal but I really don't think we could swing the payment. Still looking into the budget and seeing if we have any wiggle room.

elc    2

Shipping to Dallas, any type of tower speakers, and pp - that portland boat becomes 37k - 38k + tax. Still a good price but you could probably find something locally for that.

Troy    234

Well, heading to the local dealer on Monday if work cooperates. Going to try and work a deal on an 08 Avalanche that they still have on the lot. Wish me luck. Anyone know of someone looking for a great starter boat. Our 94 Four Winns Is in GREAT shape!

duramat    462

NICE!! KEEP US POSTED!

Troy    234

Thanks guys! I hope Charlie is willing to deal to get an 08 off their lot. If not then I have a couple of used ones I am also looking at. I rather deal locally but have to do what you have to do. Speaking of Charlie, anyone heard from him? I sent him a PM first part of Dec (I think) and haven't heard back from him. Plus Fun N Sun has been closed for the holidays now forever. They open back up on Jan 4th.

Troy    234

Well, talked with Charlie today. He tried to deal a little but we are still a little off on price. Taking the wife by the dealer on Wednesday to look at the 08 Avalanche. I looked at it today, its very nice. I really hope we can agree on a price.

A question for the experts.

08 Avalanche compared to 08 Cyclone. Avalanche is longer, Cyclone is wider. Avalanche has the Infini-V hull, Cyclone has the Cascading hull.

Which one is better? I like the short wide idea of the Cyclone, plus the price point. But I like the Infini-V hull of the Avalanche. I don't want to go down to a width of the Elite V. We want a wide boat.

Our current boat is going out for the new "owners" to do a water test tomorrow, if all goes good they take purchase of it tomorrow. I have no doubts that all would be good. So what to do? There is no used boats that are close to us. Their is a nice one (by the pictures) in ND, but dang to get there and look at it would be expensive and then the savings for going used is disappearing.

Need advice.

Thanks,

Dazed and Confused

:)

Edited by Troy

Carter13    69

I'd go for the AVY but I am biased. :)

Joe B    17

Wide is better. Cheaper is the best. Must think about all the upgrades you'll do to the boat and compare option lists. Mods to your boat can kill the little bit you saved in the beginning.

Troy    234

Well.............. Charlie, my local dealer, brought out a 08 Avalanche with the Evolution tower to the house to make sure it was going to fit into my shop, (I have a steep section of concrete going into the shop). The boat fit up the steep ramp into the shop but with the tower folded it was too tall to fit into the door. With the tower folded it was 7'8 or 9" and my door is 7'6" tall. My heart FELL because I just sold my other boat earlier this week, so I have no boat and the boat I wanted didn't fit into the shop. I can't afford to fix the shop door and get the boat. I was pissed. Well Charlie has another new 08 Avalanche with the Tribal tower, he had the guys back at the dealership measure it and it measured 6'11" folded. After we talked that boat fit better into the budget and should fit into the shop. We settled on a price, and he is bringing it out to the house to make sure it will fit. As long as it makes it into the shop and the wife likes the Ovation graphics, we will be proud owners of a 08 Centurion Avalanche!

I couldn't ask for better service!!!! Charlie at Fun N Sun has been a great person to deal with so far! When the deal is done I will post up some pics!!! Keep you fingers crossed that all goes Well!!!! Thank you all for all the help and advice it has been greatly appreciated!

Edited by Troy

Carter13    69

Troy,

At this point I would not worry about the graphics. If the Fu**** will fit in the garage and the price is right you should pull the trigger.

You can always pull the graphics off or buy new ones and put them on. If the gel coat colors are not to your liking then I understand.

Way to go trying to make the AVY work. You will be stoked with it. :laughing:

LakeSurfer    10

Personally, I am a big fan of the Ovation Graphics :laughing: I also think it looks better in the water than on the trailer. But they are in the gel coat, so you better like them also.

Edited by LakeSurfer

Troy    234

Yep the Ovation is in the Gel-Coat. I don't like the looks of the Ovation in pictures but when I seen that boat in person earlier this week, It looks sweet! Pictures do not do the Ovation graphics any justice, in person though, wow. So, this morning we had a little bit of an Ice storm, so we will probably not get the boat to the house today but I think before the weekend we will. I hope the wife likes the looks of it and I Really hope it fits into the shop!!! If I can't store the boat inside, I will not get it. And I don't want to start over on researching! I spent a lot of time researching Centurions and I really like them. I hope everything works out!

Thanks again guys!!!!

Foiler    1

I know which boat you are talking about. I love that boat!! I test drove an Elite V with Charlie. I doubt you will ever find a better guy to deal with than Charlie and they are a great dealership. I wished that I could have afforded that Avalanche, it would have been my boat of choice for sure. I ended up getting a Typhoon from a bankrupt dealership, it was a good deal but I doubt it is as nice as that Avalanche. To me it is perfect and that boat has a ton of qualities that I was looking for.

1. The Typhoon tower, I specifically wanted that tower and was the main reason I didn't get the Elite V from Charlie (It had the pro flight, I think and didn't fold down low at all). I think the Tribal looks great with the swoop back styling, I personally don't like the double up. The tribal bimini is one of the best that I have ever seen. It is perfect in my opinion and one of the best things about the boat and we really need these in TX. If you have a boat with the Bimini up high above the tower it really doesn't offer much shade as the it starts getting later in the afternoon but if you get a bimini that is to low then you are always hitting your head on it and it makes it difficult to get to the board racks. The design of the Tribal bimini is simply the best design in my opinion and works well because the tower swoops back so far. The Tribal is also very tall and offers way more headroom then all most any other boat out there, even after you install speakers there will probably be enough room to keep you from hitting your head. I have been in a few head knocker boats and it just seems stupid to me!!

2. The boat is predominantly white and the entire top deck is white. This is a must in my opinion, I can't believe how many boats are mostly red and black. I am sure everyone who owns one of those misses the days when they had a mostly white boat. I could go on and on about the benefits of white.

3. The Avalanche has a nice deep V. One of the better surf boats and will make a pretty nice wake with no ballast. I don't like running ballast because it really increases your fuel consumption. Supposed to be one of the best rough water rides out. Coming from an I/O you will hate some of the other tournament boats.

4. Most of the other reasons I love that boat is more just Centurion stuff. I love the snap out carpet, love the interior vinyl colors. The white and light grey are perfect, I have been in some boats with darker greys and it gets much hotter in the sun. I also like the fact that the texture isn't to much. Several of the newer boats, Supra comes to mind, have a very heavy texture in the vinyl and it traps dirt like crazy and is harder to keep clean. I actually shopped boats for 2 or 3 years, almost daily and I just love the Centurions. That Avalanche is one of the nicest ones that I have seen. If you can get it, I doubt you will regret it. To me it has so many advantages that other wakeboard boats don't have.

I decided to look through my pictures to give you a picture of the Tribal bimini and I think I have a picture of the boat you are talking about. Sweeeettt!!!

post-868-1262897751_thumb.jpg

post-868-1262897771_thumb.jpg

Troy    234

Hey Foiler!

Yep, I think we feel the same way about Centurions! I just like them.

And the white and blue Ovation in the picture you posted is the one that should be headed to the house shortly to make sure it fits into the shop. I am so excited! Hope all turns out well.