amayfield

FI23 Registration Number Placement

amayfield    0

Just picked up my 2018 FI23 and looking for ideas for where to put the registration numbers when I get them.  Any ideas/pics?

h20king    794

Only good flat place is just under the rubrail  slightly forward of the windshield. I'm installing mine today. 

Tleeah    33
18 hours ago, lovetosurf said:

4CE3809F-85B2-45A0-8045-A6199DCC5440.jpeg

This is where I placed my numbers.  As H2O said, this is about the only flat space for numbers.

h20king    794

Yes exactly where mine are going. I have to shrink the gap between the numbers and leters to get mine to fit

h20king    794
8 hours ago, NWextreme said:

Ha. I bought the same color combo h2O king. Just picked mine up Friday.  

65010FBF-DB75-4854-A9E8-465D6907D261.jpeg

Nice boat looks great on the water.  Mine is not the same colors though.  We went with the slice gel scheme in silver flake black and white. Boat is torn apart doing the stereo install. I'll post pics when it's done. 

amayfield    0

One more question... Any recommendations on how to remove all those "safety" stickers from the console?

InfinitySurf    302

If stickers are stuck to interior gelcoat....carefully peel the stickers off and then clean off residue with acetone. I recently removed all exterior stickers on my boat and this process worked great.

Brandon161    26

I would never use acetone to touch any of boat.   Use car or boat wax.  Takes a little more effort.  Normally take two or three coats.  But it will take the goo off and then you have a nice cleaned and waxed area.  

Nick213    583

I completely agree with not using acetone (it can eat the gelcoat) on the boat but I wouldn't go through the hassle of wax either because like you said it would be a lot of effort. When I remove stickers on cars, boats and anything with a clear coat I use rubbing alcohol.

InfinitySurf    302

Hmm, didnt know there was much difference between acetone and rubbing alcohol. I used it a bunch when cleaning exterior of boat before I did my compound and polish (doesn't mean its good, just saying), I heard multiple other people say it was ok and suggested it, so I didn't know any better. Guess you learn something new every day, I had no idea. Glad you posted that

Nick213    583

@InfinitySurf, dose your lady use acetone on her finger and toenails? Probably not it's either rubbing alcohol or toenail polish remover, that's because it's not as harsh on the skin and nails. The gelcoat or clear coat on a car or boat it equivalent to a nail on a person and why I'd recommend that over acetone.

• Like 1

NWextreme    2
On 4/24/2018 at 5:32 AM, h20king said:

Nice boat looks great on the water.  Mine is not the same colors though.  We went with the slice gel scheme in silver flake black and white. Boat is torn apart doing the stereo install. I'll post pics when it's done. 

Ahh my bad. I was looking at amayfield’s post.  I’ll be looking for your stereo install though, real interested in what your doing.

h20king    794

Can't post pics here because I'm nolonger a paying member but you can find them on Facebook on the official Centurion owners  page. 

chenige    84

Neil polish remover is acetone. I buy it by the gallon. 

Gerbalski    0
On 2018-04-24 at 6:32 AM, h20king said:

Anyone out there have the spearmint metal flake on colour scheme on their Fi ? I’m picking up my 18 tomorrow which is blk and blue metal but ordering a custom 19 in Dec and would love to see different colour combos on water. I’m not a huge fan of black.