LKASurfing    53
On 2/1/2018 at 5:46 PM, InfinitySurf said:

I did not know that the FS had more Ramfill than SV. I understand my 2014 SV244 has 2500lbs of Ramfill, what is the difference in weight (or gallons) with the FS44?

If you look where the ram fill vents are on an SV vs an FS will show you a distinct advantage of capacity. Also, if you lift the seat of a 244 vs that of an 44, there is a lot less room under the seat of the 44

On 2/3/2018 at 0:35 PM, lovetosurf said:

FS33 and 44 definitely do not have the same cabin space, the 44 is noticeably longer inside. The FS33 is still a great all round boat, storage space, freeboard, ride, wave etc... you can’t go wrong, especially if you can find a 16’ with the upgraded motors.

What I meant was the two 23 ft models SV233 & FS33 have the same size cockpit as the FS44 & SV244 share the same cockpit size.  

RhuntIII    555
2 hours ago, Jake707 said:

I must not understand freeboard correctly then. I thought it was basically the floor of the interior to the top of the side rail. So my thinking would be you didn't raise the floor just the side walls really so no additional subfloor space would have been added.

Freeboard is where the top of the gunwales meets up to the waterline. How high the boat sticks out of the water. These taller boats like the FI and the RI have created more subfloor room for subfloor weight. My SV233 gunwales are shorter (not much) than @DrNate's 240 making less room for interior weight and shorter Gladiator tower. My 2014 was ordered without RAMFILL because 233s hold more weight without RAMFILL. Plus you get an extra 2 speakers in a 233 with oldschool bags.

I went off a little bit I know.  LOL

• Like 1

Nick213    583

I have never felt unsafe with the freeboard on my 244. Now my avy that was a different story as you all have seen.

nailem    29

I don't want to hijack this thread anymore than it is but I'm going to. 

InfinitySurf brings up a good question/point. I understand dealer territory but don't understand how they can "practically "force me to buy local. My neighbor just bought a new G23 and got a much better deal a few hours away. He tried to deal with local dealer and they would not budge so he moved on. It's the dealers fault. He would have rather not traveled to buy but also likes his money. The dealership he bought from warned him the local dealer might give him problems. 

InfinitySurf, the dealer that would not negotiate was a Charllote area dealer.

So I hope it's not true that when I go to get my new boat that I can't shop around. I'm not afraid to travel to get a deal and I don't like dealerships thinking they have me stuck with no options. 

InfinitySurf    302

Its the same dealer then, I was surprised how unwilling they are to negotiate, they basically gave one price about 10% off msrp, said they were firm on price and acted kindof uppity about it, so I left without further comment. It may be cause they have had the Nautique brand for a long time, in an area that has money with buyers that don't know any better (good for them if they have been that fortunate). I have no issue traveling either to get the right deal when there is a significant difference, no one is going to hold me hostage when I am spending my hard earned money! My current boat was bought out of state and the new one may be too if they still have the same mindset when the time comes for me to pull trigger, tho I will give them one more opportunity as I also prefer to keep my business local. Its one thing that may cause me to switch brands tho.

I have seen firsthand that this dealer does not like to service/warranty when you do not buy from them and if I stay Centurion that will likely be the case again for me and for your neighbor, its sad. I found a workaround for that on current boat when it comes to warranty and I do all my own service work, so it does not bother me too much if that is how they want to act, they are just hurting their own business and making a bad name for themselves cause I am not the only local noticing this. Have never understood that mentality from a business owner

nailem    29

I know he tried hard to buy from them but had the same experience. They would not budge. Thing with my neighbor (unlike me) is he is paying cash. It is there loss. He has money but like most wealthy people he knows it's important to save a buck.

I bought my 05 Centurion used. I lived in PA at the time and picked the boat up in Florida. 32 hours to get a boat but it was well worth the trip. 

I'm disappointed that the dealers can get away with giving people a hard time about service. If I drop $100k on a boat and the dealer gives me a hard time I will be calling Fineline and raising hell. 

I live on Lake Wylie by the way.

InfinitySurf    302

Its sad how few Centurions I see in my area. Have seen 2-3 others on water in last 3 summers (sure there are more). Hopefully they get more popular here, awesome brand that keeps getting better every year. Love my boat. Always down for surfing if you are looking for company or wanna come out with me sometime this summer. Went to Wylie once last summer with my boat for a work outing where we took employees out surfing. Didn't last long tho cause they all wanted to get smashed and act stupid, not my thing so I left them on the pontoon and headed out, lol.

Fineline has been great to me on any warranty issues and goes out of their way to work with me to get anything needed done, zero complaints about them.

• Like 2
  • Like 1