wesblake

Elite c4 surf and value?

wesblake    8
On 10/19/2017 at 5:30 PM, wesblake said:

I couldn't work out a demo in time before leaving. :( I will keep an eye on the boat but what do you all think about this one which is near my home?

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/d/centurion-elite-wake-edition/6349809376.html

I think this is the same boat reposted. I'm confused though, the pics show clearly Elite V-drives but the description says it's a Hurricane edition? I though Hurricane was a different hull (and one that didn't even make a great wake).

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/d/low-hour-centurion-elite-open/6355478141.html

Edited by wesblake

prorider17    30

This has a different hill and slightly different interior layout. Based on a comparison between the blue Elite-V and red Elite, the blue one is in much better condition and will likely put out a better wave due to hull shape.

First let me say I freaking love my 07 Elite V!  It's a great all-around boat and it can be setup to surf quite well.  Avalanches and Enzos are better surf platforms however, precisely b/c they are wider and longer boats.

Some other things to consider (at least they were for me)...

- storage: my storage unit has 10 x 14' door and the Elite is the narrowest boat in the lineup so it goes in w/o much problem.  An avy or enzo would be a very tight fit and I would prolly need a spotter getting her in w/o hitting the doorway.  

- tow vehicle: the Elite is the lightest as well.  I believe the dry weight is 3500lbs.  The avy's and enzo are close to 1000lbs more.  This was a consideration for me b/c I didn't want to upgrade my tow vehicle

- re: surf setup: it does like a lot of weight to achieve a big wave, b/c of that you need to learn how to drive the boat so you're not taking water over the stern as well as in the locker breathers.  The elite sits lower in the water (especially weighted) than the Avy or Enzo so a big wave will come up onto the back covers if you're not an experienced driver

- it looks to me like the Boulder boat doesn't have Perfect Pass.  Those are expensive units so I would really want my purchase to already have that feature, b/c you'll likely want to upgrade the ballast, stereo, surf gate and maybe even the prop (I ended up down-pitching my prop to get a better hole-shot) ... mo money ... mo money

- my elite was factory plumbed for 400lb bags in the rear lockers so it was a very easy to upgrade those to 750's.  If you buy one and it isn't plumbed for sacs, I would look real hard at buying the sumo sac's b/c they have a super fast pump.  Trust me, you'll want faster fill if you can get it.  My boat takes about 15min or so to get it nice and pregnant for a good surf wave :D 

- if you do buy the elite, the Ronix is the best shaper for this boat -- at least it's better than the NautiCurl

- last point: if you've been bitten by the surf bug (meaning that's all you really want to do ... I kinda fit that description lol) I would seriously consider trying to find an Avy or Enzo with a switchblade on it.   I have a buddy who has an 06 Avy with a switchblade and he gets a significantly bigger wave and doesn't have to put nearly as much ballast weight as I do.

That boat is super clean and it would be a fabulous purchase ... especially if you can get them to put perfect pass on it.  Here's a couple of shots of the my (goofy) wave a few weeks ago at Lake Powell.   Good luck and let us know if you decide to purchase :)

me_surfing_powell_2017.jpg

surfing_powell_trip_2.jpg

wesblake    8

Thanks all! I got my boat and am excited for the new season to come! Ended on a clean 06 Centurion Avalanche with only 115 hours on it (and not just motor) and with the pass through I was hoping for!

P1150712 (1024x768)-768x576.jpg

• Like 2
  • Like 1

wesblake    8

And inside...

P1150708 (1024x768)-768x576.jpg

h20king    794

Nice but boat is not an elite. The elite is a smaller version. The avalanche with the walk through typically sells from 22k -28k. Did you buy it in Oregon?

wesblake    8

I know, I wanted this larger model for both growing family and surfing reasons. Yes, I got it in Oregon. ;)

h20king    794
3 hours ago, wesblake said:

I know, I wanted this larger model for both growing family and surfing reasons. Yes, I got it in Oregon. ;)

Nice add a custom enzo sack and the wake will blow you away. Were in Oregon are you? We are in Pdx

wesblake    8

h20king I'm actually in CA. Had it driven down.

So hi again all. The season here is really close so I'm trying to get this thing ready for a push button season! Since I got it I put in a new stereo, got a wakesurf rack for the other side, mirror, fixed up some lighting, and installed Hydrophase Ridesteady. My last task is ballast. I know I should try first but we've had years as a family of filling and moving bags around in my parents boat and I am done with it, I don't want to go an entire season again like that. I want to push a button and fill. So, I'm hoping you all can critique or recommend so I can get my ballast right.

First of all:

- The boat again is a 2006 Avalanche with the pass through, stock center hard tank.
- I want a good surf wave but I'm not willing to fill up every compartment and sink the boat for the best wave. I want a balance of wake and storage. Coming from my parents boat for years (2005 Sanger V210, stock center ballast, port locker filled, tube sac across rear seat, mission delta) we surf great and I'm now working with a longer, wider, deeper draft boat.
- We ski and wakeskate too. If it doesn't ski well empty, we've always got a buddy with a ski boat with us. I figure the stock center take alone will be great for wakeskate.
- I do plan to get my own surf device down the road, use my fathers Delta for now. We've tried combos of sinking a side, evenly weighted with Delta, and just slightly more on surf side + delta, I can't say myself I find one too much better than the other, but I'm only 145lbs so I can surf just about anything. Doesn't mean I don't appreciate a better wave!

So, I've been working with WakeMakers for a week or so now to come up with a system but based on what I requested, so I'm looking for input, what you Avalanche owners think based on what you've done and the fact I want to make a nice wave without sacrificing all my storage.

The plan right now is to add a single reversible pump to feed a 325lb Sumo in the pass through locker and a 850lb Sumo Max in the port locker (the side we usually surf). I figure I can fill the center, then "tune" by filling the new system until it fills right since it would fill 350 both sides first then continue to fill port side where it feels right or until full. Then, I can test with our portable bags to see if I want to add a bow bag system later or not. The big thing is I don't want to spend $1k and drill holes and then get it wrong of course!

P.S., if you think I'd be better off starting a new thread let me know! I just figured on continuing since you were all greatly helpful before! Oh, in the pic they drew up, 1" feeding the reversible/bags, 1 1/8" vent hoses.

Single-fill-pump-two-ballast-bags-reduced.jpg

wesblake    8
2 hours ago, Nick213 said:

Wes where are you located in CA?

Roseville, outside of Sacramento.

Nick213    583

What's your go to lake?

I had a avy C4 that I played with ballast in and had 1100's in the rear lockers, a 580 under port bench and 400 in starboard bench with 400# of lead. In your walk threw you might need a exposed bag in the walk threw and one in that locker to even weight the boat. Depending on what prop you have you might need to get a different prop after adding all your ballast. I know I had to even at sea level.

Edited by Nick213

wesblake    8

Bass Lake, my parents have a place there. Now that I have my own boat though I'll be at some of the local lakes again.

That's a lot of weight! But it sounds like either way filling my rear lockers isn't a bad idea, if anything I'll still need more!

wesblake    8

Hi again, new question since you all mentioned prop. I looked at what I have, and at this list:

https://www.wakemakers.com/centurion-wakeboard-boat-propellers

And it's not on there anywhere. What I have is this, thoughts? https://www.wakemakers.com/acme-817-propeller.html

RhuntIII    555

Your walk through Avy wants to be listed for a port side wave. You are going to need to fill all your port lockers with bags and keep the observer's seat and bow for storage. You might get by not using bags on your seats if you use lead of a wake flapper. I ran an Avy for several years and built a custom ballast system for this boat. There are several write-ups here on for these boats.

• Like 1

wesblake    8

First system on the way, both rear lockers and I borrowed my fathers portables to place around.

We took it out today, first launch! Didn't make it far, hit 175 temp and was climbing so we rowed back in. Guessing impeller which I should have just done! Just did one on my fathers black scorpion this past summer.

So, I don't have a part number, book/manual, and can't find any online parts finders for the boat. Anyone know where/how to look it up so I can get one ordered asap?

InfinitySurf    302
1 hour ago, wesblake said:

First system on the way, both rear lockers and I borrowed my fathers portables to place around.

We took it out today, first launch! Didn't make it far, hit 175 temp and was climbing so we rowed back in. Guessing impeller which I should have just done! Just did one on my fathers black scorpion this past summer.

So, I don't have a part number, book/manual, and can't find any online parts finders for the boat. Anyone know where/how to look it up so I can get one ordered asap?

Is this the manual you need?

http://www.summitplanninggrp.com/centurion-avalanche-owners-manual.pdf

What engine do you have in the boat? 

Edited by InfinitySurf