Sign in to follow this  
JJOcean

Deckadence Flooring

Dandy    43
23 hours ago, Maxpowers1207 said:

I'm hoping to update the carpet to deckadence this fall.   Anyone know or have an opinion on how it would work as a walk thru on the center engine cover of the swim deck.  I was planning on replacing the vynl,  but was thinking of using seadeck/gatorstep/deckadence for the middle section, hoping our stands up better to the foot traffic

If you look through some of the DIY stuff on the Deckadence page, they offer a snap/button kit for DIY application.  Here is that info:

http://marineflooring.net/diy-marine-carpet-recs/

If you look through the DIY videos, I believe they cover the installation of these snap/button kits.  I have been thinking real hard of a way to attach this product to my swim platform instead of the SeaDek/GatorStep type of products.  I don't think the snaps would work on their own, I have been contemplating snaps combined with a strap system.  

This stuff does fell really nice under foot.  To me it is the ONLY good marine flooring option.  

Infinity,  I feel you on the carpet in the locker... it would be almost better to just paint it.   You seemed to understand my question...i think I'll some sea deck on the sun deck,  similar to the new boats with the walk thru. 

19 hours ago, InfinitySurf said:

Deckadence is not adhesive....not sure if I understand you right, but sounds like you are talking about the walk-thru between the sun deck pads? No, it would not work unless you glue and I would not recommend that. Without adhesive, it will blow up (even tho pretty heavy) and move around on you. I may be misunderstanding what you meant tho...read it a few times

I have deckadence in cabin and under the bow filler cushion in bow, LOVE it.....everywhere else is the Gatorstep. It definately does not last as long. I have 194hr on my boat now....2014 and bought in March of 2015 so this is 3rd summer of use (I have only had it since Feb of this year and bought with 166hrs and there was already some places of the gatorstep where it is splitting just a little bit, still looks good, but my guess is that stuff will only look good for MAYBE 5yrs if you are carefull with it and then it will need to be replaced. Deckadence still looks brand new, but only so many places its good for, especially considering the cost. This fall I plan to jerk all the carpet under seats and lockers and replacing it with gatorstp or similar brand (seriously what radio-edit puts carpet in places that get wet all the time on a $100k+ boat?). Tired of always having to run fans to make sure I don't get mildew smells.

I found this website on some forum that seems like a cheap alternative to gatorstep/seadeck:

http://agendasurf.com/sheet-boat-traction-40.html

chenige    84

I took the deal and supplied a template for the large cabin and had it made with the logo. Also ordered some small pieces and made up the helm walkthru and bow myself. I need to add some snaps to the walkthru though. I am also considering adding a painted border. 

IMG_4410.JPG

InfinitySurf    302

Here is a link for the the best priced Gatorstep/Seadeck "style" flooring I have found. Its called Marine Deck. Made in China but have seen a few real life reviews and all say its same quality....there are 2 catches: 1) you need to have the skills/tools to cut and install it yourself. 2) There is minimum order, so you would want to redo your whole boat. The UPSIDE is the price....you can do entire boat including under lockers, seats, etc....for about $500 including shipping. I had them send me pricing a month ago and its super cheap and they have different styles and colors. Probably where I will order from when I am ready. 

http://www.marinedeckfactory.com/

Chenige...I think painted border would make that deckadence look really nice in your boat since its not a totally different shade...I don't have a border in my cabin area, but its a totally different color than my seats (dark grey)...hard to see the deckadence in this picture.

Maxpowers...this is what I was talking about. Now that I can resize pics....I can post!

Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg

1 hour ago, InfinitySurf said:

Here is a link for the the best priced Gatorstep/Seadeck "style" flooring I have found. Its called Marine Deck. Made in China but have seen a few real life reviews and all say its same quality....there are 2 catches: 1) you need to have the skills/tools to cut and install it yourself. 2) There is minimum order, so you would want to redo your whole boat. The UPSIDE is the price....you can do entire boat including under lockers, seats, etc....for about $500 including shipping. I had them send me pricing a month ago and its super cheap and they have different styles and colors. Probably where I will order from when I am ready. 

http://www.marinedeckfactory.com/

Chenige...I think painted border would make that deckadence look really nice in your boat since its not a totally different shade...I don't have a border in my cabin area, but its a totally different color than my seats (dark grey)...hard to see the deckadence in this picture.

Maxpowers...this is what I was talking about. Now that I can resize pics....I can post!

Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg

Yes that was what I was thinking.  My area week be bigger as the middle engine compartment is bigger.   I will definitely need to use something beside deckadence... by the way... sharp boat 

h20king    794

post-777-0-29691200-1395708734_thumb.jpgI did decadence a couple boats  back and installed snaps in all the factory locations so it was just a easy swap from carpet and looked factory.  I will say like others above that it does always look nice is easy to keep clean and does feel great on your feet but there is some down sides. It gets very Hot. We would have to throw towels down to walk on it when it was over 90 degrees outside  .This was not a big deal for us because it does not get that hot here in the NW that often. The other down side is although it may feel great on the feet kneel down to dig for something in the front locker and it's anything but feel great and don't think about laying on it without putting a towel down first. None of these are a big deal just something to be aware of. 

post-777-0-04430300-1389372669_thumb.jpg

viking    491

Good points for sure!  

I think with any flooring options there are pros/cons.  Just have to weigh them out and everyone will have a different idea of the best solution.  I've had all 3 (carpet, deckadence, and seadek) and based on our uses, needs, climate, ect.... I don't think I'll own a boat without deckedence or similar flooring.  I know that the way they have operated their company in the past few years is questionable but you see that all the time.  Companies that have a great product but can't seem to figure out how to run the business like a business should be run!!  Seadek same thing!  Boggles my mind.  But it opens the door for competitors so I guess that is good for the consumer too.

RhuntIII    555
On 6/21/2017 at 8:20 PM, InfinitySurf said:

Deckadence is not adhesive....not sure if I understand you right, but sounds like you are talking about the walk-thru between the sun deck pads? No, it would not work unless you glue and I would not recommend that. Without adhesive, it will blow up (even tho pretty heavy) and move around on you. I may be misunderstanding what you meant tho...read it a few times

I have deckadence in cabin and under the bow filler cushion in bow, LOVE it.....everywhere else is the Gatorstep. It definately does not last as long. I have 194hr on my boat now....2014 and bought in March of 2015 so this is 3rd summer of use (I have only had it since Feb of this year and bought with 166hrs and there was already some places of the gatorstep where it is splitting just a little bit, still looks good, but my guess is that stuff will only look good for MAYBE 5yrs if you are carefull with it and then it will need to be replaced. Deckadence still looks brand new, but only so many places its good for, especially considering the cost. This fall I plan to jerk all the carpet under seats and lockers and replacing it with gatorstp or similar brand (seriously what radio-edit puts carpet in places that get wet all the time on a $100k+ boat?). Tired of always having to run fans to make sure I don't get mildew smells.

I was told by the Supreme Rep that the carpet was installed in the lockers to help deaden sound. That was on the 2016 238s and to just wait for the 2017s to come out for changes that I would like. Does anyone know if there is carpet in the lockers of the 2017 238s?

I know the cut the nice windshield off. Lol. 

h20king    794
28 minutes ago, viking said:

Good points for sure!  

I think with any flooring options there are pros/cons.  Just have to weigh them out and everyone will have a different idea of the best solution.  I've had all 3 (carpet, deckadence, and seadek) and based on our uses, needs, climate, ect.... I don't think I'll own a boat without deckedence or similar flooring.  I know that the way they have operated their company in the past few years is questionable but you see that all the time.  Companies that have a great product but can't seem to figure out how to run the business like a business should be run!!  Seadek same thing!  Boggles my mind.  But it opens the door for competitors so I guess that is good for the consumer too.

I like it as well for my climate and would have ordered my boat with it if it was a option  but if I lived somewhere that was hot all the time I would do carpet or gatorstep. 

JJOcean    30

Got my Deckadence installed this weekend.  It is Luna Silver.  Very happy with the end result.

rsz_1deckadence_install_2.jpg

rsz_deckadence_install_1.jpg

• Like 1

InfinitySurf    302

Looks really nice, you are gonna love deckadence

viking    491

It looks great and agree you will not be disappointed!

deckadence.jpg

Jake707    171

are these coming with the logo printed on them or are you guys painting that on? If painting what are you using?

chenige    84

I had them do my logo. Planning on adding border myself. 

viking    491

They did my logo off of my drawing in different color material - no paint

Edited by viking