Jones737    1

So 2 weeks ago my wife and I went and picked out a new 2016 S211 at our dealer, we made a deal with the dealer and where super excited.. After thinking it over i was afraid it was going to be a little small but sense this is our 1st tow boat i went ahead and went with it. I noticed our dealer had a 238 in the same color combo but it had a few more options on it, example - transom radio remote, gator step flooring and LED lights front and back. So for an extra  5300$ i decided to go ahead and upgrade to the 238. I will take delivery on Friday and couldn't be more excited. i have ordered the 1100# fly highs for the rear per NW boats. This is a big boat to me but my thought was I've never heard anyone say " damn i wish this boat was smaller".. I will try and figure out how to post pics, its red with black metal flake with grey gatorstep. Just wanted to say thanks to all of you guys and your post it made my decision extremely easy to buy a supreme boat. We don't have many of them in Oklahoma yet but i have feeling that will change soon.

Edited by Jones737
  • Like 1

Jake707    171

for only $5300 more you jumped up to a 238 with more options? That seems like a no brainer to me. Good call. From what I have seen and read here about the 238s I don't think you will regret it one bit. Also, yes its a bigger boat for you but from what Ive seen with the forward cabin design the boat really wouldn't seem that big when driving.

• Like 1

Jones737    1
12 minutes ago, Jake707 said:

for only $5300 more you jumped up to a 238 with more options? That seems like a no brainer to me. Good call. From what I have seen and read here about the 238s I don't think you will regret it one bit. Also, yes its a bigger boat for you but from what Ive seen with the forward cabin design the boat really wouldn't seem that big when driving.

yeah it was a no brainier when i laid it all out, the dealer here is making some good deals, just after browsing this forum i got a hell of deal on this boat. I have seen used ones on only inboards for 10k more than i paid for this new boat.

49faith    4

Wow that's nuts and an easy call to make on the upgrade. I'm limited to my tow vehicle for the next few years otherwise I would have been shopping bigger as well. Congrats!

NorSask    16

Congrats! My wife and I take delivery of our '17 S238 on the 24th. Can't wait!

• Like 1

Mike SOCAL    1

I just bought the 238 last week. Took it out once already. Nice size. F150 pulled it pretty good and launched it fine. Good luck. I hope I made the right decision in purchasing this boat. Big purchase. Have fun

• Like 1

Jones737    1
9 hours ago, Mike SOCAL said:

I just bought the 238 last week. Took it out once already. Nice size. F150 pulled it pretty good and launched it fine. Good luck. I hope I made the right decision in purchasing this boat. Big purchase. Have fun

I'm also pulling with a F150 i have the ecoboost. definitely a big purchase but I cant wait to use it. 

Fivebar2    176

Congrats on the purchase, you won't be disappointed. Who's your dealer?

Mike SOCAL    1

I am in Southern California. Purchased at Sun Country in Ontario CA. Like the boat so far but really need to figure out how to make a good wave. Going out today again to try

PHOTO_20170513_105153 (1).jpg

strev    26
1 hour ago, Mike SOCAL said:

I am in Southern California. Purchased at Sun Country in Ontario CA. Like the boat so far but really need to figure out how to make a good wave. Going out today again to try

PHOTO_20170513_105153 (1).jpg

Hey Mike, I'm in Southern California as well. Not many lakes down here, what lake do you go to?

Mike SOCAL    1
  • Hey. I went to Lake Perris yesterday. I plan on trying out Silverwood and Lake Elsinore soon. 

Mike SOCAL    1

I see your in Valencia, Silverwood may not be to bad of a drive, I heard its nice there. 

strev    26
On 5/21/2017 at 6:19 AM, Mike SOCAL said:

I see your in Valencia, Silverwood may not be to bad of a drive, I heard its nice there. 

Haha, we live on complete opposite ends of Southern California....We mainly go to Lake Castaic as it is only 10 minutes away, and also make a few trips a year to the River in the Needles area. 

Mike SOCAL    1

Castaic is not terribly far for me, hour and a half from Riverside. How is it there. 

Jones737    1
On 5/20/2017 at 7:55 AM, strev said:

Hey Mike, I'm in Southern California as well. Not many lakes down here, what lake do you go to?

mike, i run a set of firestone air bags on my F150 pulling my 238 and it makes for a nice pull.

strev    26
22 hours ago, Mike SOCAL said:

Castaic is not terribly far for me, hour and a half from Riverside. How is it there. 

It's a nice deep lake and typically only crowded on the weekends after 12pm, Sunday is the worst day. We usually get our surfing done early in the day, then drop anchor in one of the coves for the rest of the day. It can also get windy in the afternoon, but I can't complain too much because it's only 10 minutes from my house.

Almost forgot to mention that with the rain we got this year, the lake is completely full!