Lak3surf3r    714

Well the wife took 3rd out of 7 the 1st day of the comp then missed 3rd on the 2nd day by 1.8 points AT 5 MONTHS PREGNANT lol. Its unfortunate that she couldn't hit that podium in her 1st/last comp of the season but she rode great and was happy! I got 3rd out of 7 and was triple the age of some of these good lil sh!ts haha. They keep getting younger and better, and I dont get enough ride time to progress anymore.

Resized_20170514_164438.jpg

IMG_58211.jpg

• Like 2

Lak3surf3r    714

We took out an S211 and it threw a decent wave with stock ballast but could have used another 2000lbs with the same freeboard as an s238!
The QS tabs made the boat actually list pretty easily when evenly weighted with all ballast at 100% with just stock ballast.

Resized_20170511_132452.jpg

Resized_20170511_152347.jpg

Edited by Lak3surf3r
  • Like 1

Lak3surf3r    714

We had some friends out to surf with us before the comp as well. No judging, I was filming from my phone while driving and the edits were done on the new gopro app and actually works pretty well!
Turn the quality up to 1080p

• Like 3

Cdifranco    463
59 minutes ago, Lak3surf3r said:

We had some friends out to surf with us before the comp as well. No judging, I was filming from my phone while driving and the edits were done on the new gopro app and actually works pretty well!

Every time I watch her ride I feel worse and worse.. makes it look so easy 

• Like 1

257Tsunami    50
17 hours ago, Lak3surf3r said:

Awesome. Thanks for sharing. It must be an honour to see that talent behind your boat.

49faith    4
17 hours ago, Cdifranco said:

Every time I watch her ride I feel worse and worse.. makes it look so easy 

No kidding. It's just absolutely insane.

DrNate    426

Ashley and Chris both killing it!  They make it look so easy

• Like 1

InfinitySurf    302

What kind of suck gate are you running....and how much ballast? Really nice wave, looks like it has great push as well

Lak3surf3r    714
17 hours ago, InfinitySurf said:

What kind of suck gate are you running....and how much ballast? Really nice wave, looks like it has great push as well

SurfStar wakesurf shaper, 4250 lbs of stock ballast bags all full, 150# of lead on each side in front of pro bags midship, running at 11.2-11.8, with CATS 10 degrees either direction, and the A plate between 60-80  (but chris and ashley ride at 10.2) so the wave actually lengthens about 8ft further than that video.

Cwazy1    89
2 hours ago, Lak3surf3r said:

SurfStar wakesurf shaper, 4250 lbs of stock ballast bags all full, 150# of lead on each side in front of pro bags midship, running at 11.2-11.8, with CATS 10 degrees either direction, and the A plate between 60-80  (but chris and ashley ride at 10.2) so the wave actually lengthens about 8ft further than that video.

They ride at... 10.2??? I thought most pros ride faster than us n00bs.

Have you ever asked them why 10.2? is it because it gives them more time mid trick? 

• Like 1

DrNate    426

When I saw Chris Kinsey ride I made special note of the speed.  10.7.  But I'm sure they all vary a bit

Lak3surf3r    714
52 minutes ago, Cwazy1 said:

They ride at... 10.2??? I thought most pros ride faster than us n00bs.

Have you ever asked them why 10.2? is it because it gives them more time mid trick? 

Those 2 specifically dont drive in very far before a trick and they like lots of push for easy recovery and transitions betweent tricks/combos.

I drive for pro divisions often and they vary from 10.0 to 12.4 but most riders are pretty consistent on their speeds and you get to know who like what for a baseline for speed and height.

Last year at wakeshredder throwdown on the 2017 Ri217 those 2 both had it a 10.0 and asked to go slower lol. Probably gives you and extra trick or 2 on the course.
Keenan on the other hand had me going 12.3 on the same boat

Edited by Lak3surf3r

Lak3surf3r    714
34 minutes ago, DrNate said:

When I saw Chris Kinsey ride I made special note of the speed.  10.7.  But I'm sure they all vary a bit

He was one of my favorite riders to watch! Epic style!

Edited by Lak3surf3r

DrNate    426
1 minute ago, Lak3surf3r said:

Hes one of my favorite riders to watch! Epic style!

Agree 100%.  I wondered if he was riding the same wave I was.  And his bottom turns were unbelievable.  And your info on all the pro riders' speeds is a bit eye-opening.  Maybe I should slow down some myself

Cwazy1    89
1 hour ago, Lak3surf3r said:

Those 2 specifically dont drive in very far before a trick and they like lots of push for easy recovery and transitions betweent tricks/combos.

I drive for pro divisions often and they vary from 10.0 to 12.4 but most riders are pretty consistent on their speeds and you get to know who like what for a baseline for speed and height.

Last year at wakeshredder throwdown on the 2017 Ri217 those 2 both had it a 10.0 and asked to go slower lol. Probably gives you and extra trick or 2 on the course.
Keenan on the other hand had me going 12.3 on the same boat

ahh, that makes sense. Didn't think of it from a course competition standpoint. 

luluzer    50

Colorado representing - even tho it's still brrr here. 

IMG953938-1.jpg

2017052895130532-1.jpg

• Like 1