carguy79ta

BOUGHT AN RI 257 !

luluzer    50

I may need to bring my girl down to Saguaro - sounds lovely!

Darkside    248

Saguaro is nice this time of year. St. Patrick's to Halloween is usually board shorts. Weekends in the summer are horrible though, it gets way too crowded.

Lak3surf3r    714

Saguaro is nice this time of year. St. Patrick's to Halloween is usually board shorts. Weekends in the summer are horrible though, it gets way too crowded.

I was trunking it in december still man ;) We dont go to Saguaro on summer weekends either. Its amature hour at the docks with all the lake lice and boat rentals!

Lak3surf3r    714

low 60s is doable if air temps are 80s. Awesome.

Last week/end we were 64 water and 75 air on Saguaro. Pleasant was about 5 degrees colder on both temps the day after.

Edited by Lak3surf3r

Darkside    248

Ok so I got to take the Ri257 out today. This thing is absolutely amazing! It handles so much better than expected. It is way more agile than expected, and the ride is very Cadillacesque.

I ordered surf prop (16x13) I think this is going to be very good. RPM 3900 port surf, 3700 goofy surf.

FYI they upgraded bag size! Each rear bag gained 200#, so 200 left, right and rear locker! Locker bag is now 700#! The factory weight puts the platform calf deep! However while surfing the platform is out of the water and DOES NOT TOUCH THE WAVE!

Silent Stinger is awesome! Boat is so quiet, and the H6 had plenty of power, 0-12 almost instantly, not so fast it's pulling your arm out of socket, but also your not waiting for the wave to form.

The most impressive thing is the out of the box unoptimized wave. It took very little effort to get the wave from the brochure! LONG and powerful, I can't wait to go out again this weekend.

Rather than trying to shrink photos here is a link..

http://s942.photobucket.com/user/jbbrownaz/library/Ri257%20delivery

Edited by Darkside

wheels    151

So glad to hear you are stoked! Link is not working.

wheels    151

Had to copy and paste. Beautiful looking boat. Boat looks likes its pulling a wheelie in the water. The tush end is crazy low and bow high. How was driving view like that. So different than the malibus sitting in the water with 1000 + lbs in the bow.

chowder2016    110

So jealous. Congrats Joe. I have 2 more weeks to go. It's gonna be a long 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truekaotik    458

Wow that does look rear slammed for sure!! Great pics!!

Darkside    248

It is a bit bow high, I am planning to fill center tank next trip, (but I am also adding lead to the rear). It definitely got a laid back stance sitting still. Once you start to move bow does come down a bit. Definitely need the bolster though!

We will also have more than 3 150 pound folks in the boat as well. So with an extra 2000 pounds of people gear and ballast. It should produce an even more epic wave.

luluzer    50

Sweet pics Joe! Beauty and the beast

Darkside    248

One more picture for the incoming Malibu folks. The bottom half of this was my 24MXZ with full factory ballast, custom 1250# bags, and 20 bags of lead. The top half is the Ri257, bow and center empty, all other factory full. BTW, by Malibu standards I had an EXCEPTIONAL wave.

post-7214-0-50966500-1488471497_thumb.jpg

wheels    151

What settings were you running on quicksurf, cats, and stinger?

Darkside    248

I do not remember the settings. I know the surf right side quick surf was 75, not sure about CATS or Stinger. NO idea what the surf wrong settings were.

CO Surfer    289

Sweet boat! ?? What were you towing it with? Looks like a Ram 1500? ?

Darkside    248

Sweet boat! ?? What were you towing it with? Looks like a Ram 1500? ?

Partially right... Ram yes....3500 Dually though. No way I would want to tow that thing with anything less than a 3/4 ton. You know it's back there.
  • Like 1

CO Surfer    289

I'm with you on that. That's a big boat. My 1500 does fine with my boat. I wouldn't even consider towing a 257 with it.