Cwazy1

Whats the warranty on new 2017 Supremes?

Cwazy1    89

I cannot get a straight answer out of googling this...

I'm gathering from a few various sources that it is 3 years on the boat and 5 years on the crusader engine? Can someone confirm?

Bongo Fury    640

There are a few good dealers on this site.....give one a call!

Yea, 5 years on the engine. Lifetime hull. 3 years on most other things, but on some items the 3rd year is just for parts. Stereo is just a year or two, because 95% of the time it's the customers fault when something goes wrong with those.

I've owned Supreme's for 8 years and never had to fix anything that I didn't break myself, except for 1 head unit and a perfect pass display. I'd rather have a 1 year warranty and have them reduce the price by whatever the warranty costs them from years 2+. This surprised me, but most major brands apparently need warranty work just coming out of the factory before it's given to the customer...except for the Supreme's, you just drop them in the water and go. Those folks at Fineline know how to build a boat. Our dealership is very happy about that.

• Like 1

h20king    794

Yea, 5 years on the engine. Lifetime hull. 3 years on most other things, but on some items the 3rd year is just for parts. Stereo is just a year or two, because 95% of the time it's the customers fault when something goes wrong with those.

I've owned Supreme's for 8 years and never had to fix anything that I didn't break myself, except for 1 head unit and a perfect pass display. I'd rather have a 1 year warranty and have them reduce the price by whatever the warranty costs them from years 2+. This surprised me, but most major brands apparently need warranty work just coming out of the factory before it's given to the customer...except for the Supreme's, you just drop them in the water and go. Those folks at Fineline know how to build a boat. Our dealership is very happy about that.

what is the warranty on the extreme trailer?? Can't imagine it is as long or as comprehensive as boatmates.

h20king    794

I know it's 5 years on the Centurion trailers. Let me check on the Supremes.

thanks I'm coming to terms with the extreme trailer. You know im not the biggest fan but it is what it is as we only have one season left on our boat. Just a big fan of the 5 year warranty with roadside assistance with boatmate and prefer its design.

viking    491

H can't you just order your boat without the Extreme trailer and have NWBS order you a Boatmate?

Might be a tad more due to shipping from TN but I'd think doable?

• Like 1

h20king    794

H can't you just order your boat without the Extreme trailer and have NWBS order you a Boatmate?

Might be a tad more due to shipping from TN but I'd think doable?

yes that is also a option. I see freedom marine in Texas is doing just that for their new centurions but not sure yet if it is worth the hassle. I won't order a new boat tell January of 18 so waiting to see if fineline is still using extreme by then. Seems they change things every year. Maybe they with be back with VM by then LOL Edited by h20king

thanks I'm coming to terms with the extreme trailer. You know im not the biggest fan but it is what it is as we only have one season left on our boat. Just a big fan of the 5 year warranty with roadside assistance with boatmate and prefer its design.

Yea, but you'll like the way it tows more. I got more sway on that boatmate than any trailer I've had before that was properly set up. The new one is lower, the tongue is shorter and the axles are further back. All play a factor in control. Plus my front bunks barely touch the hull of the boat on the boatmate, just seems like that isn't right. Tire & wheel warranty is only 1-2 years.

The '17 supreme's aren't supposed to fit on the '16 boatmate trailers because of a new prop angle. I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to arrange though.

Edited by Race City Marine

h20king    794

Not sure what you are towing with but I get zero sway with my boatmate trailer. Boatmate will build a trailer to fit the new Supremes they are building them to fit 2017 centurions for Freedom marine. I have worked in the fabrication industry for 26 years and can honestly say the boatmate is a better design. I have owned boats with the shorter tongue and prefer the longer tongue of the boatmate. I won't be buying a new boat tell 18 and depending on what the FI is it could be a centurion.

• Like 2

h20king    794

Also for the record we don't tow lite and still get zero sway with boatmate

post-777-0-76535600-1476928836_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

CO Surfer    289

I get zero sway with my Boatmate trailer. I don't know how anyone can look at both the Boatmate and the Extreme trailer and say that the Extreme is superior.post-7344-0-89069800-1476929798_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Cwazy1    89

Here we are - got the full warranty outline for '17

Deck/Hull/Liner - life

Gel - 3 years

All else minus engine/trans/drive-train - 3 years

[

Instrumentation 2 years parts/labor and then +1 year parts

Audio - 2 years

Carpeting - same as instrumentation

Vinyl material - same as instrumentation

Vinyl stitching - 1 year

]

Engine/power-train - Refer to PCM engine manual

Trailer - Refer to manufacturer

Not sure what you are towing with but I get zero sway with my boatmate trailer. Boatmate will build a trailer to fit the new Supremes they are building them to fit 2017 centurions for Freedom marine. I have worked in the fabrication industry for 26 years and can honestly say the boatmate is a better design. I have owned boats with the shorter tongue and prefer the longer tongue of the boatmate. I won't be buying a new boat tell 18 and depending on what the FI is it could be a centurion.

I have 500 lbs of extra lead inside. IDK maybe the trailer is just messed up because I get nervous with that thing at 65 mph. Hitch height is level or a little downward, so that's not the issue. I haven't pulled any of the dealership boats on the highway to compare.

Okay, if they will build them for '17 that is good. My experience with trailer manufacturers was they won't do a one off build and if a trailer isn't spec'd for your specific year they won't even sell it to you. If you buy a new Supreme in '18, why don't you just keep the trailer you have now? Heck it would probably even work for an Ri if you go that route.

h20king    794

I have 500 lbs of extra lead inside. IDK maybe the trailer is just messed up because I get nervous with that thing at 65 mph. Hitch height is level or a little downward, so that's not the issue. I haven't pulled any of the dealership boats on the highway to compare.

Okay, if they will build them for '17 that is good. My experience with trailer manufacturers was they won't do a one off build and if a trailer isn't spec'd for your specific year they won't even sell it to you. If you buy a new Supreme in '18, why don't you just keep the trailer you have now? Heck it would probably even work for an Ri if you go that route.

I also have lead in the boat. 600 lbs that never gets taken out. It is possible your trailer had some manufacturing flaws my boat fits perfect and boat sits completely on the bunks. Only made the switch to supreme because centurion did not make a boat I liked the looks of. Im holding out hope that the FI will change that.
  • Like 1

Cwazy1    89

Here we are - got the full warranty outline for '17

Deck/Hull/Liner - life

Gel - 3 years

All else minus engine/trans/drive-train - 3 years

[

Instrumentation 2 years parts/labor and then +1 year parts

Audio - 2 years

Carpeting - same as instrumentation

Vinyl material - same as instrumentation

Vinyl stitching - 1 year

]

Engine/power-train - 3y for Crusader and 5y for PCM

Trailer - Refer to manufacturer

Edits in bold.

Edited by Cwazy1
  • Like 1

Edits in bold.

I show 5 years on the Crusader. I can't imagine there would be conflicting or outdated information coming out of the supreme marketing department....okay, time to go play with my pet unicorn. lol

• Like 1

h20king    794

I show 5 years on the Crusader. I can't imagine there would be conflicting or outdated information coming out of the supreme marketing department....okay, time to go play with my pet unicorn. lol

you are correct although the boats have been updated on the supreme website options and info have not.
  • Like 1

you are correct although the boats have been updated on the supreme website options and info have not.

Well, my dealer pricing says 5, so it better be actually 5. Some of the literature shows the EX3 is made by PCM and not crusader. They are pretty much the same company anyway I think.

At any rate, I'm going with the 409 this year. I don't know why one would order a boat with the EX3 as the 409 is only $750 more. The next tier up to the H6 is now ~9K more, which I was going to do if the engine options were the same as last year, but now I don't think it's worth it.

• Like 1

Cwazy1    89

My numbers came from a scan that my local dealer gave me. Not sure what date revision his copy is. I also tried to call Supreme and they gave me some pretty uncertain numbers....

If it is 5 years, then all good to me. When did it get changed from 3 to 5?