DarksideR

September 2016 pic and video thread

NW Boat Sports    232

what no invite??

Hey I didn't get to go either.. Someone had to man the shop. I got to swap a prop after they hit a stick :( Fun times

Edited by NW Boat Sports
  • Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

You got the clear stuff or white/black?

I got a mix of a couple whites and a few custom colored ones. All in their new "stickiest formula". Can't wait for tomorrow!

h20king    794

I got a mix of a couple whites and a few custom colored ones. All in their new "stickiest formula". Can't wait for tomorrow!

let me know what you think. I really like it but it does not seem to last long. I went through 5 sheets this season and thats with peeling it up and spinning it around to get more use out of it. The sticky comes off quickly and leaves a super slippery surface behind. Maybe I just got a bad batch so really would like to hear how it holds up for you.

DarksideR    1,679

let me know what you think. I really like it but it does not seem to last long. I went through 5 sheets this season and thats with peeling it up and spinning it around to get more use out of it. The sticky comes off quickly and leaves a super slippery surface behind. Maybe I just got a bad batch so really would like to hear how it holds up for you.

I've heard that it doesn't last very long, especially in warmer climates. Don't know how much use I'll get through now and spring, but I'll keep you updated on my thoughts.

• Like 1

Bongo Fury    640

Glass and warm weather!

Great photo!!

madmike    24

Did you buy directly from viskus? Every time I look their website says out of stock!

CO Surfer    289

Glass and warm weather!

Really cool photo. Needs to be blown up and put in your showroom.

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555

I've heard that it doesn't last very long, especially in warmer climates. Don't know how much use I'll get through now and spring, but I'll keep you updated on my thoughts.

D&H,

I've been using this clear traction as a wax substitute on my longboard... Check it out it's good stuff and keeps the boat wax free. I'm now two seasons in with no issues.

https://versaworld.com/index.php/board-sports/surf/longboard-clear.html

MobEnzo    51
D&H,

I've been using this clear traction as a wax substitute on my longboard... Check it out it's good stuff and keeps the boat wax free. I'm now two seasons in with no issues.

https://versaworld.com/index.php/board-sports/surf/longboard-clear.htmldo You had any left overs ??

I'm not on a level to require this stuff or know the difference, but this may be of interest to you guys. http://www.surfcohawaii.com/Wax-Mat-Panels-s/161.htm

They sent a little 1" sample with a nose guard order. Seemed like good stuff. Doesn't look too expensive.

DarksideR    1,679

Did you buy directly from viskus? Every time I look their website says out of stock!

Yes, direct from Viskus. I emailed them as per H20's direction, and after a few weeks a man named Joe contacted me and asked me what I was after. A few weeks later I had my order delivered.

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Oh yeah! Almost forgot to mention that I got my new Soulcraft HCpro and actually got to ride it yesterday! Right now, I think I still prefer the old Emily over it. I'm sure with some time, I'll end up loving the HCpro. It's quite a bit narrower than the Emily. It's faster at the back of the pocket. Had some issues with it pearling or even just catching the nose in the wave while charging into an air.

Rode out 3 air reverses(new record for me). Even stuck the first one I tried! But had issues with allieoops which I had down pat on the Emily... Like I said though, just need some time on it before I make up my mind on whether it's right for me or not.

There's a couple videos on my Instagram account. @thatfnbastrd_steve Had an awesome day out with 5 friends who all kick butt.

Edited by DarksideR
  • Like 1

h20king    794

So what do you think of the viskus so far??

RhuntIII    555

do You had any left overs ??

A little bit yes. They will also send out an 8 1/2x11 for a sample. It's a little slick when sitting on the board (trunks to deck) and paddling (lifejacket to deck) feet no problem they stick just like wax.

• Like 1

Lak3surf3r    714

I'm not on a level to require this stuff or know the difference, but this may be of interest to you guys. http://www.surfcohawaii.com/Wax-Mat-Panels-s/161.htm They sent a little 1" sample with a nose guard order. Seemed like good stuff. Doesn't look too expensive.

I actually just ordered some of that, ill be testing it out at powell all next week and will report back.

Oh yeah! Almost forgot to mention that I got my new Soulcraft HCpro and actually got to ride it yesterday! Right now, I think I still prefer the old Emily over it. I'm sure with some time, I'll end up loving the HCpro. It's quite a bit narrower than the Emily. It's faster at the back of the pocket. Had some issues with it pearling or even just catching the nose in the wave while charging into an air.

Rode out 3 air reverses(new record for me). Even stuck the first one I tried! But had issues with allieoops which I had down pat on the Emily... Like I said though, just need some time on it before I make up my mind on whether it's right for me or not.

There's a couple videos on my Instagram account. @thatfnbastrd_steve Had an awesome day out with 5 friends who all kick butt.

If I ever ride any of the wifeys boards, its her old pro model. I hate riding her new model with the mini fangs (they track too much), and love her old model with the diamond tail like you had. If you're lucky I might convince her to sell you one of them since she still has a few ;) Ive rode Hunters personal pro model a few times when hes been out with us and loved it but never rode one of the production models. not surte how much difference there is on his but I know Em's are a lil different.

DarksideR    1,679

So what do you think of the viskus so far??

I think the Viskus is great! Want to see how long it'll last though. There was a small issue with the new formula that I got. Some of the top layer(the sticky part) was tearing off, still stuck to my foot. Apparently a lamination issue.

If I ever ride any of the wifeys boards, its her old pro model. I hate riding her new model with the mini fangs (they track too much), and love her old model with the diamond tail like you had. If you're lucky I might convince her to sell you one of them since she still has a few ;) Ive rode Hunters personal pro model a few times when hes been out with us and loved it but never rode one of the production models. not surte how much difference there is on his but I know Em's are a lil different.

Thanks Nate. I'm sure I'll figure out the HC. I've been talking to Nick about doing a new Chaos board for next year. I was really starting to like my old SS before it cracked. Lol. Just trying to figure out which one to do. Edited by DarksideR
  • Like 1