DarksideR

September 2016 pic and video thread

DarksideR    1,679

Thanks.

Yeah. Listed, with a fair bit of counter. Using quicksurf tabs to clean up the wash.

Really impressed with the S226. It needs a bunch of extra weight over stock, but it makes a great wave once you get it loaded.

• Like 2

Nick213    583

Killing it dark!!!!

There's some nice switch riding going on in that video to!

DrPringle    10

What the secrets to getting air like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarksideR    1,679

Killing it dark!!!!

There's some nice switch riding going on in that video to!

Thanks. You referring to my heelside riding or my buddy's skim riding? He's killing it! And I have him to thank for some of my progression this year. He's an excellent rider and coach. He's going to be starting a wakesurf school locally next year. Hopefully.

What the secrets to getting air like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You gotta eat your veggies! ;)

That and glue your feet to your board. LOL.

I've always had pretty good size airs. Comes from many years of skateboarding(not anymore... hurts too much) and snowboarding(still go a couple times per year. it hurts too)

But... the glue joke is sorta true. I use Punt wax on my traction. Feet stick to the board REALLY well. Before I started using it, I called it cheater wax. Now it's perfectly acceptable. LOL. Just don't track it into the boat. It's messy stuff.

bluesman280    99

Great vid Dark. That is some awesome surfing.

bluesman280    99

https://youtu.be/2eO3vowk76U

A quick vid of my son surfing goofy behind our 2012 SV 233. Finally getting things dialed in pretty good on the goofy side. Listed with no A plate or suck gate. Just running PNP, Pro ballast, and QF. No additional bags or lead. Just a buddy in the ballast boy seat plus 1 guy on the stbd seat.

RhuntIII    555

https://youtu.be/2eO3vowk76U

A quick vid of my son surfing goofy behind our 2012 SV 233. Finally getting things dialed in pretty good on the goofy side. Listed with no A plate or suck gate. Just running PNP, Pro ballast, and QF. No additional bags or lead. Just a buddy in the ballast boy seat plus 1 guy on the stbd seat.

Your video is private

Jake707    171

Went out today for the whole day but I only got one pic of my wife. This is using our homemade suckgate.

post-7643-0-15015800-1474256919_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Jake707    171

No idea why if flipped it sideways. It's right in my pictures on my phone. Maybe admin can correct it

Anyway. Took my 2000 elite out and had s grind come out with his newly acquired supreme 230. Holy hell that boat feels 10 times bigger than mine. The beam is wider, the draft is taller, the cabin felt about the same minus the extra width and the blow felt like it went forever. I really like it compared to ours. Wife just looked at me and said no. We're not getting another boat haha. She knows me too well. But it will happen. Wake wise it was about the same as ours with the wake plate and evenly loaded with 750 in each rear and 400 in the bow plus a couple passers.

Edited by Jake707

bluesman280    99

Your video is private

Shouldn't be private. Just checked security settings and it shows up as public.

stoked    1,039

I'm able to see it

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555

I saw it as well. thanks.

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

It was private for me as well but now I could watch it... weird. Wave looked good! Very good for a 233 IMO

ReSession    165

Summer has been treating us very nice in VT...up until yesterday we still had mid-80s air temp and 76º for water temp. Fitting first day for Fall if you ask me!

post-581-0-10980300-1474645698_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

bluesman280    99

Summer has been treating us very nice in VT...up until yesterday we still had mid-80s air temp and 76º for water temp. Fitting first day for Fall if you ask me!

Nice fall temperatures, we are losing summer fast here in Alberta. Looking at 68 degree air temp and 65 degree water already. And to think I am looking forward to the 71 degrees forecasted for Monday. Almost time to consider digging out the dry suit.

CO Surfer    289

I may be done. I had a dusting of snow in my backyard this afternoon with temps in the 30's here in southern CO. Hoping for one more warm streak in October.

Jake707    171

I may be done. I had a dusting of snow in my backyard this afternoon with temps in the 30's here in southern CO. Hoping for one more warm streak in October.

It's 90 here today with 98 projected tomorrow and we still didn't take the boat out. Failure. I'll see about taking it out tomorrow.

Nick213    583

Jake I'll be at Naci in paso Robles tomorrow if you wanna make the drive down you can just jump on my boat ;)

Jake707    171

I appreciate the offer but I committed to taking ours out to berryessa tomorrow with the wife and some friends. I might have to meet up with u some time though so I can go out with someone more experienced and what not. I'll just ride the bike down in the AM haha

• Like 1