CaptnMike

Looking for info on A-plate mod kits

CaptnMike    3

Where do you guys run your plate while surfing? Relative to 0° to the hull, slightly down or up? My manual-adjust arm cannot go higher than 0°, and lowering the pitch down seems to make it worse.

Hydraulic in this application will become a thing of the past. Nautique, centurion, supreme, and supra all use lencos. Just from what I've seen on the boats. Another good thing about lencos is a standard actuator and switch is around 170.00 so add the cost of a plate, which I'm waiting to calculate and you can go from manual nothing to actuated a plate for around 450.00 maybe less maybe more,I just don't know yet. I wonder what centurion prices an actuator, switch and Enzo plate for? I will know a whole lot more in a week or so. Plus I will post you some up close pics of the finished plate and try to get a video of it in action.

My plate is installed to give it a few degrees of negative angle and that's where I run it most of the time. I don't use it surfing port and I haven't fully tweaked it on starboard. I suspect that it will not be the end all device for cleaning up the starboard wake. Surely improve it but not make it perfect. Or centurion would have never made cats system. I will say if I wakeboarded I would use it all the time it's impressive how well it works. I just can't see much use for one that's not actuated personally.

Edited by Tommywalton1974

Troy    234

I only surf the Darkside. It is full up for that side which a few degrees negative. I will try and put a straight line and show the angle tonight (if I remember).

The factory ones back when my Avy was made was the hydraulic ones. I would go electric if starting from scratch like you are.

bluesman280    99

My old Typhoon had hydraulic. I think I like the electric ram on the Enzo better.

rockballer    162

Here are some photos of a stock Enzo plate on my AVY. Just cut off the stock mounting bracket and it bolted right on. Works just like the stock one and cleaned up my wave allot.

post-6219-0-83183900-1470233809_thumb.jpg

post-6219-0-51003400-1470233823_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

My boat has 4 equally spaced holes. What year is your boat? That would not bolt to my Enzo. I'm only curios because someone said the Enzo and Avy are the same bolt pattern.

rockballer    162

post-6219-0-46230500-1470241576_thumb.jpgpost-6219-0-76191800-1470241589_thumb.jpgOff of a 2009 Enzo IIRC. It was originally a rear mounted 4 bolt plate. Now under mounted on my AVY. The dimensions were identical on the plates and we just cut one and welded it directly onto the other. The hulls also seem identical too. The plate matches up perfectly. My boat is a 2014 AVY

Edited by rockballer
  • Like 1

rockballer    162

Here are some photos of it installed. Old and new one

post-6219-0-89407700-1470242246_thumb.jpg

post-6219-0-83313700-1470242264_thumb.jpg

Edited by rockballer
  • Like 1

Ok. Mine from the bottom has the 4 bolts. That's interesting. I guess the newer hulls have more smaller fasteners. Mine are 3/8 threaded inserts molded in. The way yours is made is stronger definitely with 8 smaller screws spread around the edges.

Nick213    583

Rockballer, do you have a RH rotation prop?

rockballer    162

I am not sure.... But I am going to say yes. Surfs better on the dark side?

Jrobb    8

Anyone still making these plates. I am looking to install one on my boat.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

prorider17    30

I'm interested in this too... I was looking at fab'ing an a-plate or getting one done for my '05 Lightning C4. I surf goofy and currently use a wakeshaper.

Question though - The current trim plate that bolts on to the boat - Is it screwed into fiberglass, or is there a backing plate on the inside of the bilge? I'm wondering if completely replacing the plate and going to a new, integrated a-plate would require full removal, when I go to re-install the new a-plate... would I have any issues re-screwing back into the fiberglass? I'm just thinking I'd have plenty more strength with a backing plate vs. screws in fiberglass.

Any fiberglass gurus can chime in. Please excuse my hypothetical question.. just trying to wrap my head around the best possible fitment.

truekaotik    458

We need pics of yours but I'm gonna guess 05 was bottom mounted and not transom mounted.. it is screwed into the fiberglass and can be removed and re-attached the same way if you want but they have plenty of "strength".

ENZODAYZ    3

I would be interested in getting one....has anyone asked Tommywalton1974 if he is interested in make more?

Friggy    12

I Pm'd him march 2 and have not heard anything back, but I'm interested as well for sure.

Whats the going price for an a-plate? I am interested in getting one also. I may end up fabbing one myself, just hate to buy a whole sheet of stainless, to make one.

Nick213    583

I payed $110 shipped. The guy that did mine isn't interested in making anymore I guess :(

The A-plate that was made for me mounts to the transom and the fixed plate was mounted to the bottom. The guy that installed it cut the fixed plate and bolted it to the bottom to fill the holes/indent. He attached the A-plate to the transom and added a lenco ram.

post-4481-0-23268900-1488919325_thumb.jpg

post-4481-0-22021700-1488919391_thumb.jpg

prorider17    30
We need pics of yours but I'm gonna guess 05 was bottom mounted and not transom mounted.. it is screwed into the fiberglass and can be removed and re-attached the same way if you want but they have plenty of "strength".

I checked my trim plate. You were correct. It's mounted to the bottom.

When people remove and re-screw the plate into the fiberglass, do they use any type of silicone adhesive or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick213    583

I checked my trim plate. You were correct. It's mounted to the bottom.

When people remove and re-screw the plate into the fiberglass, do they use any type of silicone adhesive or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YES ABSOLUTELY