rrd525    40

Anyone installed the newer revised FAE on a single exhaust Centurion or Supreme?

Good / Bad results? How did they support the pipe. Utilizing existing screw holes?

I like the concept of the new FAE on the 2017 centurion. Intrigued to see if Supreme will also offer that as well.

Seems easy enough to fab yourself if you can get a hold of the flexible exhaust ducting and replace the trim tab.

Did you ask www.freshairexhaust.com? I had been interested in this as well. CO is greatly reduced by the catalytic converters on new boats, so that may be almost a non-issue, but might make a difference in noise.

rrd525    40

I asked FAE, they didn't have anything specific on the Supreme. Their design team is fine tuning the mount detail, but will be off a hinge or drain plug. They sent over a pic of single exhaust on a Centurion. It will stick out a ways from the Transom to clear the large trim plate.
The odd time I can see the exhaust creeping into the atmosphere, but we were thinking more to drown out the noise while surfing and wakeboarding. While cruising, I don't mind the rumble of the V8!

post-7969-0-54949800-1469131060_thumb.jpg

ssmith    49

I have the 2015 s226 and have a new FAE sitting in my garage ready to be installed. Larry wanted measurements of the hinge plate screw holes thinking he would mount it to that. However it appears that he shipped it with a drain plug mount. I have to call him when ready to install. No specific instructions they have ready for the Supreme but they are finalizing them. I'll let you know how it goes and works.

• Like 1

rrd525    40

Nice. Your review will be appreciated.

madmike    24

I just installed mine on my 2014 fx22 a couple of weeks ago. It's the new pinched style. I had some spray issues initially but I was able to "tune" them out with trim and cats tabs and I couldn't be happier! The boat is so much more comfortable to ride in now

• Like 1

RhuntIII    555

FAE is offering a discount for Supreme mounted exhaust. FYI

ssmith    49

Wonder if I got the discount? The price originally quoted was more than what they actually billed me.

rrd525    40

The price they gave me seemed to be the standard pricing.

DarksideR    1,679

Rrd, don't you have the sword shaped trim tab? I would think that to be an issue? It's extremely long. (Did that just sound a bit dirty)

• Like 1

rrd525    40

Yes it is long!

That was my concern, as it would be right at or past the swim platform. Not sure I would like the look or functionality of that.

I like the idea on the new Centurions though. Might think of making one like that, once I get a look at one in person.

• Like 1

viking    491

There have been alot of cases of spray issues on the FAE for Supreme so until I hear of reports of it being a non-issue I'm holding out.

ssmith    49

The new design is supposed to fix the spray. They told me to try it and work with them if there was an issue. If we couldn't get it resolved then I could return it for a refund. I'm out of town for the next 10 days so it will be a couple of weeks but I'll let you know my results with it. I hope it works.

RhuntIII    555

Rrd, don't you have the sword shaped trim tab? I would think that to be an issue? It's extremely long. (Did that just sound a bit dirty)

Yes, Long and Dirty

• Like 1

When will they just run the exhaust out the bottom of the hull?