Tommywalton1974

Soulcraft. It's time

h20king    794

Thanks Tommy. I definitely have gotten better over the past year. Been fortunate enough to get out more and surf with some really good surfers. Helps so much.

I just got these and I'm still not 100% sure I like them. https://futuresfins.com/en-us/jc1-blackstix-3-0-4550-406-00-detail

Wondering if I should have gotten something with more pivot

I run these on my secret weaponhttps://futuresfins.com/en-us/wct-techflex-5577-407-00-detail and these on my honu https://futuresfins.com/en-us/f4-techflex-5540-419-00-detail and both are money

H2o I had no idea there was so much tech in a surf fin. Man

DarksideR    1,679

It's ridiculous. So hard to pick a fin. At least for me it was. But that's knowing very little about fins.

• Like 1

DrNate    426

It is truly amazing. Fins can make a board ride completely different from fin to fin, I was so amazed. I was really happy to have joined the finatic program (rent a fin, like netflix for fins) when I was making my choices. I know I ended up with the BlackStix for my Soulcraft Swallow but can't even remember what I picked for my Emily.

By the way, if anyone is interested in a 4'9" Emily shoot me a PM. It's too small for me and I can't ride the darned thing.

How large a man are you? I'm 230

DrNate    426

248. I've been in contact with Jeff. I think I'm gonna trade my Emily for a larger Honu. Will report back

• Like 1

Jake707    171

How large a man are you?

Whoa slow down there Tommy, at least by him dinner before asking questions like this haha

• Like 1

Whoa slow down there Tommy, at least by him dinner before asking questions like this haha

Lol you know we keep it tucked in here. I can tell you are a clown just like me. I see how you want to play. I'll get you
  • Like 1

Jake707    171

Haha. I will try to keep it semi formal so I don't scare away anyone or get myself banned haha. But sometimes when it's too easy I just can't help myself. But it's always nice to have at Leary one person who appreciates good old school yard humor.

• Like 1

jester    111

Did I open the Soulcraft form of the casual encounters form? Like everyone has said Jeff will treat you right. Ended up taking a fall this last week and my board took some damage off my leg. It is amazing how different my backup board is to my SoulCraft. You should really enjoy the board and play with the fin setup when you get it. Amazing how different the board rides with a different fin setup.

• Like 1

Jake707    171

Is there somewhere I can go or can someone help explain the differences in fun set up? I've seen one fin in the middle at the tail, two fins one on each outside, three fins and now a four fin design. Mine is the single middle fin close to the tail is that the best for beginners? I want to "master" this entry level board before investing $500+ on a new board.

Funny thing Jake, once you can go rope less and carve around Imo it's time to step up to another board. If you are on a heavy wakeboard type of construction board you will be amazed at how quickly you will progress once you ditch it. The center fin is usually a skim style board. Easily slides around and all over the place. Those surf style boards have outboard single double or triple fins per side for lots of speed.

DarksideR    1,679

Sadly I buckled my beloved Soulcraft Emily this weekend at the NWWSC at Lake Tye in Monroe Wa. There's a very nice crease running right in front of my fins on the bottom of the board and the rail is cracking.

Even sadder news is lakesurfer beat me by .30 points to take 3rd and he missed 2nd by .20 points. Had a great time though. Just wished I surfed a bit better.

So now it's time for a new board. Gonna talk to Jeff at Soulcraft very soon.

• Like 2

NW Boat Sports    232

Good stuff Dark, sorry to hear about the board. What division did you compete in?

Edited by NW Boat Sports

DarksideR    1,679

Good stuff Dark, sorry to hear about the board. What division did you compete in?

Thanks. I surfed horribly in the men's amateur surf division. It was my very first comp. I was a bit nervous and had never rode behind a G23 before. You get about 10 seconds of surf before the start bouy to figure it out. It is nothing like our Centurions wave! Tried to make an adjustment to the wave after my second fall on my first pass. It helped. But then I fell on my alleyoop. If only I landed that damn alleyoop! LOL.

Who's rode a Doomswell board and Soulcraft. Curious how they compare.

Cdifranco    463

Dark send me your Soulcraft and I'll send you my Doomswell!

All I ever see around here is hyperlights and inland surfers :(

Or in all seriousness tell Brock @ Doomswell I sent you and he'll most likely send you out a demo board!

Edited by Cdifranco

DarksideR    1,679

Dark send me your Soulcraft and I'll send you my Doomswell!

All I ever see around here is hyperlights and inland surfers :(

Or in all seriousness tell Brock @ Doomswell I sent you and he'll most likely send you out a demo board!

Ha! You want to trade my broken Soulcraft for your Doomswell!? LOL

Thanks, I'll email Brock. He'll know Cdifranco?

Cdifranco    463

Ha! You want to trade my broken Soulcraft for your Doomswell!? LOL

Thanks, I'll email Brock. He'll know Cdifranco?

He should, if not my name (Chris) might help.

• Like 1

stoked    1,039

Not a good endorsement if you'll trade your Doomswell for a broken Emily!!

Cdifranco    463

Not a good endorsement if you'll trade your Doomswell for a broken Emily!!

My reading comprehension is clearly why I work with numbers instead haha. No I thought dark had 2 and broke one, I mean who doesn't want a variety?

Edited by Cdifranco
  • Like 1