ReSession

My HGTV "Lakefront Bargain Hunt" episode premiers this Sunday (6/26) @ 8:30pm

ReSession    165

LOL thanks guys! Originally when we interviewed for the show, the producers were just talking to myself and my roommates and Angie (my gf) didn't really have any interest in having cameras in her face (we're completely opposite on that spectrum!). During the planning, one of the producers suggested that we introduce her during the '2 months later' in order to help it seem like some time had gone by (because 2 months later was really the 4th/final day of filming). But yeah...they totally wanted to make it seem like I got a girl because of the house!

I was psyched to have surfed decent and they didn't make us seem like we were too much of goofballs (or some weird Three's Company roommate situation!) - Mike just had an offer accepted on his first home so he and Vicky are moving out toward the end of August.

This is my last week of work for awhile as I'm taking off July and August to play on the lake :surfing2:

• Like 2

Cdifranco    463

Yea I like to take July and August off to be on the lake too. I mean, I still show up to work everyday, but mentally I'm on my second set of the day on that lake!!

• Like 4

DrNate    426

Just watched the episode. Nice surfing skills! Way to represent. My wife and I watch the show and she was like, "no one ever gets that much airtime in or on their boat!". So true.

• Like 2

DarksideR    1,679

Screwed up my PVR and missed the show. Tried to find it online. So far no luck. Pretty funny that two months later is just the last day of the shoot.

Cdifranco    463

Screwed up my PVR and missed the show. Tried to find it online. So far no luck. Pretty funny that two months later is just the last day of the shoot.

Did The same is there anywhere else I can find it online/?

MobEnzo    51

Did The same is there anywhere else I can find it online/?

Just watched it on demand...

Good show, that lake looks awesome to live on! The boat would be nice too.?

viking    491

I watched the recording late last night. Cool to see your place!!

Just wondering how many takes some of those scenes took now understanding that most if not all of it was done "after" the fact?

So I'm assuming they had some general lines of conversation they wanted you to have?

Need to visit that area sometime. I'm a sucker for lake life living anyway but throw in an abundance of craft breweries and sounds like your in paradise :)

Edited by viking
  • Like 1

Nick213    583

Nice job Man!!!

There's no way I could do something like that, I'd be and sound so awkward.

Edited by Nick213

Bongo Fury    640

Yea I like to take July and August off to be on the lake too. I mean, I still show up to work everyday, but mentally I'm on my second set of the day on that lake!!

Me too....think I'll tell the boss I'm starting now and will miss the Q2 close!

ReSession    165

Sometimes we'd get scenes nailed in the first take, sometimes we'd have to redo it (or we said something in the previous messed up take, but the producers liked us and prompted us to retry it from a certain point...even just 'pick up where you left off before you messed up'). They would definitely tell me lines to say like "at $360,000 I won't have any more budget for updates" - that's the premise of the show, make it seem like we're maxing out the budget!

It didn't really bother me to have the cameras around, for me it was an opportunity to do something most people don't get...so why not have some fun with it? I was stoked with the amount of surfing they featured...luckily we only had 3 houses (versus the normal 4 they tour on the show), so we got to feature more lifestyle events which was cool.

The local news station did a little pre-HGTV piece on me which shows a lot of the renovations I did - http://www.wcax.com/story/32302779/vt-man-featured-on-hgtvs-lakefront-bargain-hunt

For those that have cable, you can just watch the show (after you click on your cable provider's logo and log in) @ http://watch.hgtv.com/player.HLFBH.html#0247532 - you can also go to your OnDemand and find the latest episode.

• Like 1

DrNate    426

I knew something was off about it. Only 3 houses instead of the usual 4! That's why they showed so much surf and boat time. I like it

Skibumm    184

Was cool to see but a bit weird at the same time. I also happen to be "Greg Anderson" so it kind of threw me off. Maybe I own a second home now. WooHoo. Congrats on the find.

• Like 1

ReSession    165

Was cool to see but a bit weird at the same time. I also happen to be "Greg Anderson" so it kind of threw me off. Maybe I own a second home now. WooHoo. Congrats on the find.

Hey, better to be confused with me versus the Greg Anderson that was associated with Barry Bonds (or the Greg Anderson that played for the Milwaukee Bucks)...but if you get confused for Greg Anderson, The Australian Electric Cowboy...definitely go with that!

Thanks man!

• Like 1

CO Surfer    289

I found it using your link Greg. Nice surfing! It was kind of amusing watching parts of it knowing what the true deal was.

DarksideR    1,679

Of coarse our tv provider isn't listed.