Troy

Doomswell Neo.

Troy    234

Just bought my first "real" surf board. I have a nice skim (wave zone) and a Broadcast boat board but broke down and bought a surf board. I wanted to wait and try it out before I bought it but couldn't pass up the deal.

post-798-14587870657111_thumb.jpg

post-798-1458787160677_thumb.jpg

I Didn't take a picture after I installed the front traction.

Anyone have the Neo? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

h20king    794

Nice a New board in the quiver. What fins came with it ??

Troy    234

These 4 fins.

6a2f49d5db544a80338aa6e3fc81072e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cdifranco    463

7d020d3192f1c3bba9aa71789375545a.jpgc099403a399be7a42628876273afaa30.jpg

I have the neo.. Love it. Brock sent me out a drone and nubstep to try before I chose and I ended up liking all of them. 4 weeks later I had a custom neo at my door. Receiving two more boards from them this spring.

In my opinion, I never run the smaller back fins. Only the front two, this gives me enough grip to carve hard but also break loose. Like i did tho, try out all the different combos, 4 fins in, 2 little fins in, 2 big fins in, no fins etc.

You can always experiment with other future fins too. Since the fin box is common you can alter the fins to your liking.

Welcome to the Doomswell family!

Edited by Cdifranco
  • Like 2

h20king    794

Nice I would recommend new fins. If it were my board I would go with a set of black stixx up front and a set of A6 purple pinky fins out back. The one's that came with your board are stock fins that most boards come with and will limit your boards performance.

• Like 1

CO Surfer    289

7d020d3192f1c3bba9aa71789375545a.jpgc099403a399be7a42628876273afaa30.jpg

I have the neo.. Love it. Brock sent me out a drone and nubstep to try before I chose and I ended up liking all of them. 4 weeks later I had a custom neo at my door. Receiving two more boards from them this spring.

In my opinion, I never run the smaller back fins. Only the front two, this gives me enough grip to carve hard but also break loose. Like i did tho, try out all the different combos, 4 fins in, 2 little fins in, 2 big fins in, no fins etc.

You can always experiment with other future fins too. Since the fin box is common you can alter the fins to your liking.

Welcome to the Doomswell family!

Really like the NH state outline! I was born in NH and lived there until I was 30 so I guess that kind of explains that...

MobEnzo    51

Nice boards! Interested in how you guys like them. In the market for myself and a board for gf. What made you guys choose doomswell over others like soulcraft? There is a local company named Idol surf that I'm also considering. Don't know if I'd notice the difference. Wish it was easier to demo boards...

h20king    794

Nice boards! Interested in how you guys like them. In the market for myself and a board for gf. What made you guys choose doomswell over others like soulcraft? There is a local company named Idol surf that I'm also considering. Don't know if I'd notice the difference. Wish it was easier to demo boards...

Was trying not to bring other brands into the thread but for the record we ride nothing but Soulcraft. In my opinion Soulcraft Is in a league of their own

Cdifranco    463

I chose Doomswell over soulcraft just by chance. Knew of both names and emailed both companies about a custom, Doomswell just for whatever reason caught my eye and I've been happy with them.. I have also heard nothing but good things about Jeff at Soulcraft. My problem is neither company has a store around here that carrys them, I didn't want to spend 1,000 dollars for another inland surfer.

• Like 1

Troy    234

I chose Doomswell due to price. Couldn't afford other high end boards and the price I got on this Doomswell was too good to pass up.

• Like 1

Troy    234

Finally got to ride the Neo this weekend. All I can say is wow! I had just a short ride but I am loving this board. Fast easy to ride.

• Like 1

Cdifranco    463

What fin set up did you run? 2, 4, front 2, back 2?

DarksideR    1,679

Board looks sick. Where's the shots of you riding it?

Troy    234

What fin set up did you run? 2, 4, front 2, back 2?

I Liked the 4 on the front spots. Due to short time on the lake I didn't get to try all the setups. Only tried the 4 front and 4 front, 2 back. the 4/2 I didn't like, the board was faster but it didn't handle well, if that makes sense. It only wanted to go straight.

Board looks sick. Where's the shots of you riding it?

Well with the wife driving and an 8yo and 5yo on the boat, I hardly ever get any pictures. I'll try and get some this weekend. I hope to have some more time on the water, weather permitting.

DarksideR    1,679

That's why most of my videos are from stationary positions. Kid bounces the camera all over the place! He's actually getting better.

• Like 1

enzo on LI    79

Out of curiosity do you have any trouble keeping in the wave on your neo? I really want a surf style board and have looked at these but am always worried that at 200-210 that I am too big for them

Cdifranco    463

Enzo on li Call Em up and grab a custom size if you would like to go bigger in size. I actually have a 5 foot nub step custom that they did for me this winter, 5 feet is too big for me but it is good boat board for the bigger guys ive found and I can still rip it.

Edited by Cdifranco

enzo on LI    79

Thanks I might do that.

Troy    234

The Neo for me is fast. No trouble keeping with the wave. I am about 170 though, when I had my 5yo on the board with me we did have a little issue staying in the wave, She weighs about 35 lbs. Mine is a 4'6" which says up to 190lbs. Their 4'8" says upto 220 lbs.

Edited by Troy