Milton

Fill gates quit working on my 2014 enzo

Milton    0

Anyone else have an issue with fill gates not work with touch screen? Suggestions

Edited by Milton

Cdifranco    463

Quickfill gates? Contact your dealer.. If you have the old style that you can manually cycle try to cycle them a few times to loosen them up.. Some spray some silicon in there to lube them up.. Sadly it's part of owning a centurion.

Anyone think we should just have a sticky thread for the valves not working since 95% of us have already dealt with this and the other 5% will most likely as well..

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Is it a screen issue? Does it say it's open on screen and not really open, or does it not even open on screen?

Milton    0

Screen is going through its motions. Gates just quit working. Fill gates. Tried opening and closing in trailer mode and you can here the power to each gate but they won't open or close. Gonna call drain master in morning. Not getting a lot of help from dealer. Great way to start 2 weeks holidays. Thanks for any input

DarksideR    1,679

Just give them a little human powered help. Get someone to push the button on the screen while you twist the red key. Or if it's the Valterras, pull up the handle. They should free up and work. But get some silicone lube and spray the gates from under the boat while the other person cycles the valves 3 or 4 times. This has worked for me. I hope it will work for you.

Milton    0

Just got word today from centurion. Anybody running the ram fill with drain master valves that there is a recall. Fine line is replacing all fill and drain gates with a updated valve and a retro fit kit that they are manufacturing themselves. To many issues with drain master so they are removing them with bigger and faster gates. Warranty being done via vin number. Don't expect a recall notice as they are doing them on a boat by boat basis. Having issues? Call your dealer

DarksideR    1,679

Manufacturing themselves...? You sure about that? Last we've heard is they're upgrading to Valterras brand gate valves. That have still had issues on some boats.

Read this thread. http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.php/topic/10167-first-gen-ramfill/

Lots of info on the valves and issues like yours.

• Like 1

bluesman280    99

Like Darksider said, in a pinch, just give them a little manual helping hand from inside the rear lockers to get them working then lube the heck out of them. Mine were acting up in the spring and I have managed to keep them working all summer with lots of silicone spray, have had to give them a manual nudge a couple times though.

Already have a backup valve in the boat just in case it fails completely.

Would be nice to see them recalled and replaced with something that actually works 100% of the time.

• Like 1

stoked    1,039

Man we really need a sticky on that other thread, I think there is a new ram/quick fill topic every day. Hopefully the new Valterra's solve your problem!!! I haven't had a mechanical issue with them *yet*, just a stupidity issue...

i just replaced my 2013 Enzo QF gates. They were covered under warranty and the replacements were the new gates that have the manual valve added onto the mechanical. It did take a little retro-fitting for them to fit (I had to cut about 1 inch off the stainless pipe on the hull side. But no issues since then.

Fineline even expeditied shipping overnight (I paid for it) since I was leaving the next day for a week vacation at the lake.

• Like 1

Cdifranco    463

c7ccb1b795027fc599f7ff0b98f4dda7.jpg

Seconded on the warranty. I believe fineline sent me these as a replacement. They sit kind of funny in the box but they have worked for the last 60 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wmuller    0

c7ccb1b795027fc599f7ff0b98f4dda7.jpg

Seconded on the warranty. I believe fineline sent me these as a replacement. They sit kind of funny in the box but they have worked for the last 60 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Cdifranco!

Did winnisquam marine help you? Or did you contact fine line directly?

Thanks.

Cdifranco    463

I had to harass the marina for like 2 weeks (started May 1st) and then waited maybe another 2-3 weeks to get the valves. They weren't installed until mid June. I even asked to pay overnight shipping.

Winnisquam is no longer a centurion dealership, they seem to be only interested in pushing pontoon boats so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with the long wait time.

If you see me out there this weekend float over! More than willing to show you the new valves. They don't sit perfect in the original spot but they can work

Edited by Cdifranco

DarksideR    1,679

Man we really need a sticky on that other thread, I think there is a new ram/quick fill topic every day. Hopefully the new Valterra's solve your problem!!! I haven't had a mechanical issue with them *yet*, just a stupidity issue...

Agreed. Although, seeing that Fineline reads the forum often, it's not all together bad that a new thread pops up every other day! I'd bet money that more than half of the recent members to join the Crew has been due to failing Ram gates! That speaks volumes as to the issue.

• Like 1

Both quik fill gates were open when trailered today. Couldn't get either of them to move with switches. What's the next step?

DarksideR    1,679

Read the posts.

Just give them a little human powered help. Get someone to push the button on the screen while you twist the red key. Or if it's the Valterras, pull up the handle. They should free up and work. But get some silicone lube and spray the gates from under the boat while the other person cycles the valves 3 or 4 times. This has worked for me. I hope it will work for you.

viking    491

As far as quickfill gates go a little TLC goes a long way (at least in my case). I spray silicone lube on them while I have someone open and close them several times before EACH and EVERY outing. I also trailer with them closed. So far 60 hours and no issues. Hope I didn't just jinx myself??? :sick:

Bongo Fury    640

OK....so now mine stopped working. I have a 2013 233.....got in there and there is a small red key inserted into the gate. I turned the key in both directions and nothing happened. When we go ahead and try it from the touch screen the motor makes noise and the key just spins around. Am I doing something wrong? Is there another way to manually open and close these gates until we can get it fixed?

stoked    1,039

OK....so now mine stopped working. I have a 2013 233.....got in there and there is a small red key inserted into the gate. I turned the key in both directions and nothing happened. When we go ahead and try it from the touch screen the motor makes noise and the key just spins around. Am I doing something wrong? Is there another way to manually open and close these gates until we can get it fixed?

So I don't have the generation you have, but I'm under the impression the key spinning is a good thing. That it spends when it opens and closes.

Out last gen ones went funky this weekend. It was like something was stuck in the port one and it wouldn't close all the way. I had to open and shut it 30 times till it finally went all the way, it never did it again...