Bongo Fury    640

I don't need a db meter to know how much quieter my Falcon V was with an FAE than my 233 with the silencer.....night and day!

Cdifranco    463

Without the FAE and just silent tip/quiet tip whatever it's called I had 92-94 decibels at the middle rear seat while surfing at 11.1 mph 2750 rpms.

My wet sounds came in at 119 and probably could have gone higher. Didn't want to blow anything.

Without the FAE and just silent tip/quiet tip whatever it's called I had 92-94 decibels at the middle rear seat while surfing at 11.1 mph 2750 rpms.

My wet sounds came in at 119 and probably could have gone higher. Didn't want to blow anything.

We got rained out so no readings with the FAE on. I will be out of town until middle of next week but will get a reading when I get back.

Got some initial readings with the FAE.

Sitting at idle and taking the reading from the swimstep as an average over about a 30 second window was 59dB with a high reading of 62dB and low of 56dB.

Surfing at 11.1 MPH and 3100 RPM the average reading was 79dB with low of 76dB and high of 84dB.

All readings were with an uncalibrated APP on a Smartphone so there is some chance of variation due to michrophone sensitivity, etc and moving reading seemed to be fluxuating due to wind noise as well.

At the very least the low 80s dB reading while surfing allows for normal conversation in the boat.

DarksideR    1,679

So are you happy with the results?

It's gonna be one of my winter projects.

Cdifranco    463

If those numbers are accurate I'd be happy with those numbers.. Definitely quieter than the silencer tip at 92! If the spray is for fact gone I am a soon to be customer as well.

WakeDirt    19

My current Avy will be my 4th boat with a FAE, I consider it a must.

So are you happy with the results?

It's gonna be one of my winter projects.

Yes.

I do have a little bit of spray. Initially i put a spray flap on and that cleared it up. I have also started modifing the downtube like was done in a different thread. I am not finished narrowing up the tube but the spray has gone down. I will still use the spray flap though since it knocks all teh spray down and does not effect the wave or boat performance in any way.

• Like 1

stoked    1,039

Finally got mine and put it on today, of course a week after I winterized. Does this look normal to those that have it? It only goes about 6 inches beyond the bottom. It seems with the A-Plate down it won't even touch water

post-4405-14439716262921_thumb.jpg

post-4405-14439716506869_thumb.jpg

MobEnzo    51

Finally got mine and put it on today, of course a week after I winterized. Does this look normal to those that have it? It only goes about 6 inches beyond the bottom. It seems with the A-Plate down it won't even touch water

http://www.centurioncrew.com/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443971622.593908.jpg

http://www.centurioncrew.com/public/style_images/master/attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443971647.153447.jpg

Completely different boat, but looks similar to mine. Assuming you got the 'z' measurement? How far down does the plate go? I was surprised on mine how little it goes down, but again completely different boat and plate.

How is yours supported / attached to the boat? I dont see a crossbar support or any of the original support structure that they used to have. What year is your 233?

stoked    1,039

How is yours supported / attached to the boat? I dont see a crossbar support or any of the original support structure that they used to have. What year is your 233?

It's a 2015 FS33. The support bar comes off of the A-Plate screws:

BngMLKi.jpg

Dreamer    96

Interesting support plate to what I put on my 2014 SV244. The pipe looks the same though. I thought Larry was going to make them more hydrodynamic to reduce the spray issues.

stoked    1,039

It's supposed to be more pinched. Unfortunately I won't be able to test it till April.

Bob U    5

It's not going to work well.

Needs to be pinched down at the point where the pipe first enters the water, this is where the spray is coming from.

viking    491

It might be? Hard to tell with that angle in the picture.

Dreamer    96

Here's my FAE before I tried to pinch it in. Yours does look different.

post-821-0-58281100-1444144979_thumb.jpg

So yours does look a little more pinched in than Dreamers and the way mine was. I am out of town but will drop some pics wehen I get home showing how much I pinched mine down. I plan to run it this saturday and will know if it helped or not. Larry also had to add a similar support to yours coming from the trim tab bracket because mine was shearing bolts off when just supported from the crossbar.