chadr

Ballast Build - 2008 Enzo SV 240 - It Begins

It's not very complicated. Switch for each sac, relay for each pump, and diode for each valve between switch and valve for fill side. Use the current switch power for the relay control. The drains can be connected off the drain side of the switch in parallel if more than 1.

Then set up a new fused power for the pumps either directly from battery or a new junction box.

I don't understand the purpose of the relay - is it to direct additional amperage(voltage?) to the pump so that it does not go through the switch and overheat/burn the switch?

If I were to add a new pump to my system, it sounds like I should add a relay also?

thanks!

chadr    328

Looking great Chad!

Thanks Big!!!

N8 Froelich    12

Chadr this looks awesome. Get's me motivated to possibly switch mine out.

Are you putting check valves on the aerators to have a sealed system for emptying? I ask because I cross vented my enzo sacs to prevent bleed down but now they bleed off from the aerators when the sack is super full. I wondered if the check valves (even though they allow flow out) created a small resistance to help prevent that or slow it down.

Tks.

• Like 1

chadr    328

Chadr this looks awesome. Get's me motivated to possibly switch mine out.

Are you putting check valves on the aerators to have a sealed system for emptying? I ask because I cross vented my enzo sacs to prevent bleed down but now they bleed off from the aerators when the sack is super full. I wondered if the check valves (even though they allow flow out) created a small resistance to help prevent that or slow it down.

Tks.

Yes. I am installing check valves as I have seen the drain off on the sacks also. Vent lines and aerator pump lines are getting check valves.

chadr    328

367c25877a05e64d551efaaf45e84d69.jpg

Wiring switches tonight.

• Like 2

duramat    462

Looks Friggin awesome...dura want badly

• Like 1

chadr    328

Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lake tested her tonight! Worked flawlessly! 8.5 minute fill time on my new 1820 lb custom Enzo sac!313d802c0caf68ff83a0d003c0455775.jpg

• Like 2

Stretch    409

So excited for ya man nice wave!!

• Like 1

chadr    328

So excited for ya man nice wave!!

Gracias compadre! Very excited about how it turned out!

Rhale    80

Freaking sweet!!!

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Wave looks great! That's an excellent fill time for such a large bag. Well done!

• Like 1

chadr    328

Wave looks great! That's an excellent fill time for such a large bag. Well done!

Thanks Dark!!! Starboard side filled so fast I almost forgot to check it before it was full!!! Had the lid swollen to where I thought that it was going to pop open! I need to be careful!

Shaka    146

That there is a pretty rockin' wave.

• Like 1

N8 Froelich    12

Nice! Looks dialed!

• Like 1

bhanson    12

Kinda late to this thread. Wave is great, looks like your plan worked out, nice job!

One comment: we always have a mix of goofy/regular riders and waiting 8-10 minutes to switch sides truly does impact the day. Goofy session, then we switch everything for Regulars, back and forth all day. End of day, if boat is setup regular, I will either ride switch, heelside, or just call it a day. Seems trite, wish I could get in that last set, but laziness prevails. So ...

I just finished our transfer system --> Rule 3800 gph pumps, 1.5" hose, 1.5" electric ball valve (Baco, just like you bought), side-to-side transfers in 2.5 minutes. Highly recommended for you "blended families" !!! ;-) Mentioned this in a couple threads earlier this summer, just got everything dialed-in, will be posting a more detailed thread very soon.

• Like 1

chadr    328

Kinda late to this thread. Wave is great, looks like your plan worked out, nice job!

One comment: we always have a mix of goofy/regular riders and waiting 8-10 minutes to switch sides truly does impact the day. Goofy session, then we switch everything for Regulars, back and forth all day. End of day, if boat is setup regular, I will either ride switch, heelside, or just call it a day. Seems trite, wish I could get in that last set, but laziness prevails. So ...

I just finished our transfer system --> Rule 3800 gph pumps, 1.5" hose, 1.5" electric ball valve (Baco, just like you bought), side-to-side transfers in 2.5 minutes. Highly recommended for you "blended families" !!! ;-) Mentioned this in a couple threads earlier this summer, just got everything dialed-in, will be posting a more detailed thread very soon.

My setup can pump in while the other side is pumping out so I didn't really figure on a transfer pump system into it, but I am really interested in how yours turns out!!! Post up the thread here if you have it somewhere! Thanks for your input!

DarksideR    1,679

2.5 minutes!!? That's excellent.

This is why we went with ramfill. Switch sides in under a minute equals more surf sets. But your transfer setup sounds a lot cheaper than a new boat! LOL

• Like 1

duramat    462

2.5 minutes!!? That's excellent.

This is why we went with ramfill. Switch sides in under a minute equals more surf sets. But your transfer setup sounds a lot cheaper than a new boat! LOL

LMAO!! :thumbsup:

This has my interest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1