chadr

Ballast Build - 2008 Enzo SV 240 - It Begins

chadr    328

Hey Chadr,

I've got an 11' Enzo and it's a new boat to us so I'm pretty reluctant to tear up the factory wiring, especially because I believe the current system is powered by a sealed power module. That said the sprinkler valves are a pretty big restriction to the speed of the system. Based on all my research I had not seen a valve like you've found here and neither had others in similar threads. They were either 110V or they weren't NC, or they cost about $200 each, or they were the size of a grapefruit. Is this a new find based on your experience?

In your opinion would these make a good direct replacement for the sprinkler valves? I see the chatter about the relays but I'm thinking that is because you're doing additional pumps and going multi-directional. I'd just be sticking with the with the single pump and stock wiring. I'm guessing these valves need a constant power, and a dedicated ground to charge the capacitor and then the valve is controlled by closing to ground?

I'm really just looking for small time gains and more reliability over the sprinkler valves.

Thanks if you have time.

N8, sorry about not getting back to you on this sooner. I didn't see your question until now.

The reason I went with these valves is because they are NC until the switch closes. Just like the ones in the boat. The valve manufacturer stated that I needed to hook them to a 12 v battery for several minutes before installing to charge the capacitor. Then they are supposed to work as soon as the power closes on the switch. They should not need a constant power source to them since they close when the switch opens. Hope I am thinking correctly!!!

From what I am planning, It should be just like the ones that are installed on our boats. I considered Solenoid Valves because they were a bit cheaper, but from what I was told they can get dirt in them and malfunction. I wanted full flowing ball valves for my application so they would open fully and close fully when actuated.

Anyway, feel free to let me know your ideas. I love the feedback!

lleebo    2

N8, I just ordered two of these ball valves that I did not need for my boat. They are 12v 1" normally closed. I have about $50.00 each in them. Let me know if your interested in them.

N8 Froelich    12

N8, I just ordered two of these ball valves that I did not need for my boat. They are 12v 1" normally closed. I have about $50.00 each in them. Let me know if your interested in them.

N8 Froelich    12

Great thanks for the heads up. I'm kinda curious to see how it goes for chadr. Did you just go in a different direction or have you used these for water mngt?

chadr    328

Custom fat sac will be here tomorrow but I am in Powell until Saturday evening. I am going to try to install it next week with a friend helping me with the relays. I will keep you informed N8!

• Like 1

Rhale    80

chad, how's the water been? we're looking to come to Powell on friday. got the enzo sac all plumbed and ready to go!!!!

• Like 1

chadr    328

chad, how's the water been? we're looking to come to Powell on friday. got the enzo sac all plumbed and ready to go!!!!

It's been really nice other than two storms that came thru so far. This lake is crazy when the wind picks up!

The water temp is high 60's. The outside temp mid 80's and The funny part is there has not been a lot of traffic this whole week. Even on Memorial Day! Where are all of the boaters this year???

It's going to suck to come back to reality this weekend but I would really like to get working on putting this ballast in the boat!

Rhale    80

I got the new prop and enzo bag installed and took a quick trip to sandhollow at lunch to check everything. hoping to make it over there tomorrow. it was running close to 180-185 at the beginning so I want to pull the impeller and check the trany filter

• Like 1

chadr    328

6f697d7d640c34d5d2cfb153fc03cf7e.jpg

Oh baby!!!

• Like 1

chadr    328

I got the new prop and enzo bag installed and took a quick trip to sandhollow at lunch to check everything. hoping to make it over there tomorrow. it was running close to 180-185 at the beginning so I want to pull the impeller and check the trany filter

What did you find out on your temperature?

chadr    328

Anyone ever tried a different check valve like these? http://www.supplyhouse.com/Boshart-1710-10-1-PVC-In-Line-Check-Valve-w-SS-Spring-Threaded I am thinking of trying them instead of the Wakemakers ones!

Rhale    80

no issue the next outing. air bubble or vapor lock? either way we spent 4 hrs on friday and 3 hrs today on the lake playing with the surf wave and new wakeskate.

• Like 1

chadr    328

no issue the next outing. air bubble or vapor lock? either way we spent 4 hrs on friday and 3 hrs today on the lake playing with the surf wave and new wakeskate.

Cool! Did you get it dialed in a bit more?

DarksideR    1,679

Nice sack chadr.

Lol

• Like 1

chadr    328

Nice sack chadr.

Lol

Only from this forum I can take that as a complement!!!

boatnut    230
Nice sack chadr.

Lol

Only from this forum I can take that as a complement!!!

Take it. Both ways :) lol nice sac and a nice sac lol

• Like 1

Stretch    409

Nothing wrong with complimenting a nice sac when ya see it

• Like 1

WakeDoc    471

Anyone ever tried a different check valve like these? http://www.supplyhouse.com/Boshart-1710-10-1-PVC-In-Line-Check-Valve-w-SS-Spring-Threaded I am thinking of trying them instead of the Wakemakers ones!

Used them on the last boat with not issues, bought them at HomeDepot.

• Like 1

chadr    328

Used them on the last boat with not issues, bought them at HomeDepot.

Thanks DOC!!! I am going to order mine then!!!

RVR-RAT    269

Nothing wrong with complimenting a nice sac when ya see it

As long as it's not a saggy sac :shock:

• Like 1