DarksideR

April pic and video thread 2015

Dreamer    96

Lookin good Dark! How fast were you going?

Lak3surf3r    714

Looking good Dark!

DarksideR    1,679

Only 10.7MPH. Going out again with the wife now. Will play with settings and try to fine tune it a bit more.

• Like 1

ReSession    165

Looks like you placed second in Am Men's... Congrats man! Just think, if you lived in Az or Florida how much more time you'd have had to practice!

Thanks Dark! Yeah, first time on the water all season and it's a competition on a river with a current and 10-15 mph winds riding a board I've never ridden (James Walker's comp board from last year)...I didn't have my surf legs so I was a bit winded for sure!

Boat & wave are looking nice!

• Like 2

DarksideR    1,679

Thanks! Took the wife out today to do a training seminar on how to work everything. It's a bit overwhelming. But setup some surf presets for each side as great starting points. I didn't bring my board or wetsuit, so of coarse the lake was glass for about an hour. Then the wind picked up like it always seems to! Took a nice little video of how quickly the boat can change sides to surf. It's about 40 seconds! So excited about that! And timed how long it takes to fill the locker PNP bags which was 4 minutes flat, so with Johnson ultras filling at 100lbs/min that's right around 400lbs per bag. Also figured out that I need about 200lbs more weight up in the bow to help clean up the goofy wave the way I had it setup.

Here's the regular wave for the weirdo left foot forwarders out there. JK.

post-848-0-56995200-1429568554_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

chadr    328

Here's the regular wave for the weirdo left foot forwarders out there. JK.

post-848-0-56995200-1429568554_thumb.jpg

Wow! Crisp and clean! Just how I like it!

That would make me want to give up on the DARKSIDE and change to Regular!

JKJK

• Like 1

gator808    84

Dark! I have been waiting for these pics for a while! Boat and wave looks great. I know your pumped. Keep sending those pics and vids of the goofy side! I'm curious...did you have any water go over the back deck of the boat with the windy conditions? I know thats a concern with the low free board.

DarksideR    1,679

Dark! I have been waiting for these pics for a while! Boat and wave looks great. I know your pumped. Keep sending those pics and vids of the goofy side! I'm curious...did you have any water go over the back deck of the boat with the windy conditions? I know thats a concern with the low free board.

Thanks. And no, it's not even close. I'm sure once we add another 800lbs of ballast or people in the boat it'll be closer, but I'm confident it'll be fine

boatnut    230

Thanks. And no, it's not even close. I'm sure once we add another 800lbs of ballast or people in the boat it'll be closer, but I'm confident it'll be fine

How much ballast does that boat have on it?

DarksideR    1,679

Ramfill is 1000 per side. Estimated

PNP is 400ish per side. Estimated

Bow is ??? Guessing 250-300.

So rough guess is 3100lbs.

Edited by DarksideR

DarksideR    1,679

It's ramfill. There's about an inch and a half MAYBE of room under the seats. Gonna put some hard weight in there once I find someone to cut my 1" steel plate slabs. For cheap.

boatnut    230

Ah, okay, I am not that familiar with ram fill or cats etc... Maybe one day I will check one out in detail....

DarksideR    1,679

Ah, okay, I am not that familiar with ram fill or cats etc... Maybe one day I will check one out in detail....

We'll get together sometime this summer and see what differences there are between the models.

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Made a little video of the surf setup changeover. Added some stupid speech bubbles to it to help explain whats going on.

"just look at it"

LOLOL

• Like 1

viking    491

DAMN look at that water.................shoulda been taking a set BEHIND the boat Dark?

gator808    84

I'm assuming your leaving both pnp bags full when you switch sides. Your just working the ramfill correct?

DarksideR    1,679

DAMN look at that water.................shoulda been taking a set BEHIND the boat Dark?

I KNOW RIGHT!!?

I was really kicking myself for leaving the gear at home. Before too long the wind did it's thing and wrecked it all. It was just the wife and I, so wouldn't be legal to ride, but that's never stopped us before.

I'm assuming your leaving both pnp bags full when you switch sides. Your just working the ramfill correct?

That is correct. Both PNP locker bags and bow bag are full. Ramfill tanks were 100%surf side and 10%counter. Speed was 10.8MPH.

Sick!!! Exactly what I wanted to see!!!

It worked exactly how I hoped it would. And I figured if I uploaded a video showcasing that, it might help someone with their buying decision. Sounds like it answered some of your questions?

Can't wait to add some more weight to it and start enjoying the crap out of it! LOL

• Like 1

volzalum    280

Got out on the first water test today. Columbia River was 57 degrees Farenheit. Here are a few pictures. It was just me in the boat, so need lot of work before I have the wave balanced. Also posted a pic of the side screen set to moving map.

post-555-0-57583300-1429674987_thumb.jpg

post-555-0-86113300-1429674998_thumb.jpg

post-555-0-40926300-1429675015_thumb.jpg

post-555-0-45545100-1429675035_thumb.jpg

post-555-0-30858600-1429675048_thumb.jpg

post-555-0-70586300-1429675063_thumb.jpg

post-555-0-36204900-1429675076_thumb.jpg

post-555-0-59925500-1429675090_thumb.jpg