traysonh    11

You should write up this in the DIY and include the parts list.

Step 1: Buy EzNets from Home Depot: http://www.homedepot.com/b/Storage-Organization-Closet-Storage-Organization-Closet-Organizer-Accessories/EZnet/N-5yc1vZc89gZaaa

Step 2: Screw nets into place

Step 3: Take pictures

Step 4: Post it up for us all to admire your work.

20150418_171730.jpg

20150418_171701.jpg

• Like 1

traysonh    11

AWESOME ^^^^^ Thanks

Note, the screws that came with the small ones were a good length. the screws that came with the medium nets were too long.

None of them were stainless, so I might need to replace screws at some point...

• Like 1

Bongo Fury    640

What a great idea Viking....Thank you!

h20king    794

I will just use stainless when I install. I was planning to do this your link just saved me a bunch of research and shopping.

traysonh    11

I will just use stainless when I install. I was planning to do this your link just saved me a bunch of research and shopping.

Awesome. Yeah, I got the idea from Viking when he did it on his Moomba. Home Depot or Amazon are the vendors of choice for the EZNets. I did site to store at the Depot.

volzalum    280

My quick research also identified this source. It looks like you could make your own to if you wanted:

http://www.organizedobie.com/categories/239/Netting-Organization

It is a great idea Tray and Viking. I'm also considering making some for my walkway storage area. I used them frequently in my '07 but the FS44 doesn't have them in the walkway.

viking    491

I sourced mine from amazon. Yes SS screws from the get go! I'll snap a pic of the observer seat net. Had to use small there cause not much room on bottom of seat to fit one there.

Thanks for the comments.

Edited by viking

DarksideR    1,679

GREAT IDEA!

boatnut    230

Had those standard on the tige, they are handy as heck, also under the observers seat was one too and a mirror

viking    491

Here's the observers under seat net:

post-3649-0-06115600-1430962652_thumb.jpg

I tucked my fire extinguisher up under the front of the starboard rear locker:

post-3649-0-24456500-1430962668_thumb.jpg

boatnut    230

If the engines on fire, it's a little tough to get the fire extinguisher....

viking    491

thought of that, but not much different being buried under crap somewhere else. real only other place is on the front kick panel starboard side. Not alot of places to screw the mount to!!

I can always pee on it in a pinch :)

• Like 1

boatnut    230

Ha ha ha I haven't seen too many scenarios where a 1 pounds extinguisher has put out a major fire, make sure your swim lessons are up to date... I've had a lot of inboard and io's I lift the cover everytime I fire that boat up in the morning, look and smell and that's what keeps my alive :) and I have two 2.5 pound units on my boat, one mounted under my seat and one in the locker

viking    491

Good idea having 2. I have another 1 laying around that I might as well put in the boat too. Maybe in the other rear locker (LOL)

viking    491

So I stuck my 2nd fire extinguisher up front behind starboard bow seat.

post-3649-0-81858900-1431190351_thumb.jpg

Reg #'s turned out good - domednumbers.com

post-3649-0-16965300-1431190462_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

viking    491

Cross your fingers..............the forecast for the upcoming weekend looks GREAT and might get all my break-in hours knocked out?

In the meantime, got the windows tinted and clear bra installed on the boat and trailer. It all turned out OK except I'm really disappointed in my tint guy. Been using him for my rigs for close to 20 years. Seemed like he is getting too big for his britches, delegating to his employees and not checking their work, or burnt out and just doesn't care? The starboard window has a couple places where the seal is not completely set and they nicked my vinyl on the window re-install. Really stuff that never came out of his shop in the past. Kinda feel like I was taken advantage of as the weather has been bad so I told him not to rush and make sure it's good. He had it long enough though and was ready to get it out of his shop long before last week. He had plenty of time to get it RIGHT.

Is it imperative that the seal be in better? What can happen if it's not? I tried to push it in but gonna take more than that if you have tricks of the trade?

post-3649-0-41373300-1433898067_thumb.jpg

post-3649-0-60003600-1433898080_thumb.jpg

post-3649-0-59634100-1433898093_thumb.jpg

post-3649-0-82667000-1433898305_thumb.jpg

Edited by viking

Stretch    409

I would at least tell him about it. That really sucks especially the vinyl, I mean that's your beautiful brand new boat that he messed up, or someone he is responsible for did either way and he might need to know who is being careless.

Edited by Stretch

DarksideR    1,679

My biggest issue would be the vinyl. That's not good.

viking    491

OH he knows. I'm pretty anal about my toys so I catch everything. He was supposed to call "his vinyl guy" about it and have it fixed before I picked it up. That didn't happen.

That's what has me so disappointed about the whole thing is he knew about all of it and still had it "not ready" when I showed up finally to get it. Was in his shop for 3 weeks and I checked on it every few days.

I would never let it go out of my shop like that. Just bummed!