DarksideR

Coming soon... order, ALMOST up

rockballer    162

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-motorboat/lloydminster-ab/2014-centurion-avalanche-22-huge-off-season-savings-18k-off/1044398201?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Totally know what you mean Dark.

Check this out.

A dealer in Alberta is trying to slang an Avalanche for 80k Canadian. Claiming it's almost a 100K boat now.... LOL If he ordered this at the end a few months ago he probably isn't off by much.... WTF

• Like 1

Lak3surf3r    714

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-powerboat-motorboat/lloydminster-ab/2014-centurion-avalanche-22-huge-off-season-savings-18k-off/1044398201?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Totally know what you mean Dark.

Check this out.

A dealer in Alberta is trying to slang an Avalanche for 80k Canadian. Claiming it's almost a 100K boat now.... LOL If he ordered this at the end a few months ago he probably isn't off by much.... WTF

Holy WTF?? I paid less for my 2014 FX22 loaded and not much more for My 2015 FS44 loaded. We must be spoiled down here in AZ! That sucks Dark I was pulling for you to grab that FS33 you would love that goofy wave! Like we talked about on FB though im still all about the 226 goofy wave and that was my favorite of all my fineline waves up until my current one. I still dont know how my FS44 starboard wave is better thatn the port on a LH prop.

Edited by nasmith342

DarksideR    1,679

Nasmith, keep in mind, that's Canadian dollars. So, today, that's around $67K for you.

I've heard you can't have any counter weight on the 226 for goofy. So, that means basically we can't have more than four people in the boat plus a driver? If true, that's a deal breaker. That's what's so good about the Cats system.

DarksideR    1,679

Ok.... Now I've looked at the ad, and I'm confused. Can't tell if that list price is US or Canadian. Either way, it's too much!

• Like 1

Lak3surf3r    714

Nasmith, keep in mind, that's Canadian dollars. So, today, that's around $67K for you.

I've heard you can't have any counter weight on the 226 for goofy. So, that means basically we can't have more than four people in the boat plus a driver? If true, that's a deal breaker. That's what's so good about the Cats system.

Thats not true at all, I used to run a full crew spread about with about 20% counterweight of the enzo bag in my 2012 V226. But if that one you looked at doesnt have bow weight like we talked about that would be why. That hull is so deep that it needs the stock center tank full and i used to put a 400lb sac under the bow filler cushion and another 200lbs of lead up front as well. Without that front weight you cant use counterweight. Dont get me wrong though, I dont know if i can go to a boat without CATS again after my FX22 and FS44. If I couldnt though for whatever reason, I would go back to a 226 for sure!

Ok.... Now I've looked at the ad, and I'm confused. Can't tell if that list price is US or Canadian. Either way, it's too much!

Lol agreed, even at 67K US thats still within a couple thousand on what I paid for my FX22 new and loaded last year.

at the bottom it says this though

Boat Total: $85,502.00 US Dollars……15% exchange $98,327.00 Canadian Dollars

Edited by nasmith342

tprice    118

Dark,

I have pellet bags I leave permanently under each rear locker bag. I think it's 5-6 bags so that's 200-240 lbs of constant counter weight.

Any more than that and it can mess with the wave on either side. However, I have not had an issue if I have a bigger crew and need to sit others on the opposite side . If port side, we just have them sit up towards observers seat vs back corner seat.

• Like 1

boatnut    230

Gentlemen, anything in Alberta is a rip off , cause of the over heated economy, just wait till the oil sector starts laying off people, which is already starting to happen, watch what begins to happen with recreation equipment, some dealers up there will be going broke

DarksideR    1,679

Thanks guys, that helps... sorta. LOL

How much weight was in the center/bow tank of the old 226?

I assume, that even the new ones that DO have it is smaller than the 2014 back model. I assume this because the quickfill appears to go further up to the bow than the old bags would have.

I think boatnut hit the nail on the head there too. Watch housing prices plummet there too!

• Like 1

duramat    462

• Like 2

Lak3surf3r    714

Thanks guys, that helps... sorta. LOL

How much weight was in the center/bow tank of the old 226?

I assume, that even the new ones that DO have it is smaller than the 2014 back model. I assume this because the quickfill appears to go further up to the bow than the old bags would have.

I think boatnut hit the nail on the head there too. Watch housing prices plummet there too!

1,100 lb. total (380-lb. center tank, two 360-lb. rear tanks) on pre quickfill models

plus my 2012 had stock enzo sacks over that and it was plenty of weight once I added bow weight.

DarksideR    1,679

Perfect, thanks.

• Like 1

IROCNParts    108

What boat nut said.

I already had every discount known to man on my order. Even if I COULD afford the cost, it's a hard pill to swallow right now knowing that because of the dollar, you're paying $6-7k more than you would have two or three months ago. And don't you dare look back six or seven months ago when I was first thinking of it!

DarksideR my suggestion is this.

The dollar will recover, Eventually. Get yourself something for now that you are happy with, perhaps one of the ones Tony has. Then when the dollar recovers butwhat you really want.

my 244 is fine, I just wanted to limit depreciation yearly but didnt account for the dollar.

Dont forget in 2002 the dollar was @ $1.50 cdn for every $1 us

then in 2009 our Canadian dollar was $1.16 us for every $1 cdn.

its cycles.

When I bought my 09 Enzo It was a STEAL

my 244 was ok.. 1.06. It will happen again eventually and when it does you take advantage of it.

boatnut    230

What boat nut said.

I already had every discount known to man on my order. Even if I COULD afford the cost, it's a hard pill to swallow right now knowing that because of the dollar, you're paying $6-7k more than you would have two or three months ago. And don't you dare look back six or seven months ago when I was first thinking of it!

DarksideR my suggestion is this.

The dollar will recover, Eventually. Get yourself something for now that you are happy with, perhaps one of the ones Tony has. Then when the dollar recovers butwhat you really want.

my 244 is fine, I just wanted to limit depreciation yearly but didnt account for the dollar.

Dont forget in 2002 the dollar was @ $1.50 cdn for every $1 us

then in 2009 our Canadian dollar was $1.16 us for every $1 cdn.

its cycles.

When I bought my 09 Enzo It was a STEAL

my 244 was ok.. 1.06. It will happen again eventually and when it does you take advantage of it.

Gentlemen, I do believe the dollar will recover, it trust me the CAD is best for the economy when it's around 1.12 to 1.14, right now it's high, but highly unlikely you will see the dollar even for a while like it was when I bought my tige in 2013, where the dollar was worth more...

DarksideR    1,679

That is the NEW plan. Trying to pick a boat from Tony's that will lose the least amount of money over the next year or two and hope that the dollar comes back around. And a boat that meets our needs and most of our wants. It's insane just how quickly the dollar crashed. Your 244 would likely cost $11-13K more than it did when you bought like 9 months ago.

boatnut    230

That is the NEW plan. Trying to pick a boat from Tony's that will lose the least amount of money over the next year or two and hope that the dollar comes back around. And a boat that meets our needs and most of our wants. It's insane just how quickly the dollar crashed. Your 244 would likely cost $11-13K more than it did when you bought like 9 months ago.

So, did you pull the trigger yet?

DarksideR    1,679

Not yet. But close. I hear you're going with the S21? It's a sick looking boat!

boatnut    230

Not yet. But close. I hear you're going with the S21? It's a sick looking boat!

I don't think I can go wrong with the price and options, and man does news travel fast lmao!!