DarksideR

Coming soon... order, ALMOST up

RhuntIII    555

That boat looks sick. Those are my personal favorites (black white and gray). I can't wait!

DarksideR    1,679

Bigcat: No worries at all man! I didn't think that it would be a serious insult. Just a fun ribbing. I'm very picky when it comes to this kind of thing, and still worried that I won't like it. But even ones that I haven't liked in pictures, I have liked in person!

As far as the warranty issue that H brought to light.... I assumed that he was refering to the stereo itself, and not the tower at all. I'm not throwing 12 sets of speakers like I'm some sort of Malibu owner anyway! ;) I asked Tony @ Extreme Boatsport today about it, and he said that would be if you changed the inboats to something else. Which I'm not interested in doing at the moment. I'm not a big stereo guy, but I do want tunes to sound good in and behind the boat. Anything will be better than what we had the last 5 years!

Nick: I believe that is true. And, I think we all agree. As long as it's not made by MasterRaft, I don't care! LOL

rockballer    162

Looks like a fairly safe choice. Do they all come with chrome trim around the windshield or can you get black?

DarksideR    1,679

Comes with black. Only thing chrome is the rub rail. Which is stainless. Should look pretty sexy.

Thanks RVR

Lak3surf3r    714

Congrats, looks good! You will love the Starboard wave, ive been riding switch with my kid on my FS44 more in the past few weeks since I like the wave better on that side with this hull!

RhuntIII    555

If I recall correctly there was a big deal made about it NOT being a Roswell tower, it's a centurion tower ;)

So why would centurion not back up there product warranty no matter what speakers are on it?

You are correct Nick. Todd made that perfectly clear. ;)

tprice    118

Awesome boat, congrats

Nick213    583

Hey dark,

Why not go with the centurion down fire system? Comes from the factory with warranty and sounds great! I love my loud systems but if I were to buy brand new I wouldn't hesitate on going with the down fire setup.

RhuntIII    555

Yes, I was very impressed with the down fire.

DarksideR    1,679

Hey dark,

Why not go with the centurion down fire system? Comes from the factory with warranty and sounds great! I love my loud systems but if I were to buy brand new I wouldn't hesitate on going with the down fire setup.

Basically, it comes down to the fact that it's really REALLY expensive! AND, I don't like that it encroaches my headroom in the "standing area". Maybe I'll just wear a helmet on the boat.

Honestly though, I have been thinking about just getting them. And I hate to admit it, but part of the reason is that I want that Centurion subwoofer grill! LOL

• Like 1

ssgviper    7

Thanks everybody.

I've been toying with the idea of the white tower... we'll see. Ive got around a month or two to change my mind on the gelcoat, and a little longer on the add-ons. No Downfire. Dare I ask peoples opinions on what tower speakers to get??? LOL

I really think you should change it to the green and black scheme. I think black, grey, and white looks a bit "generic" for such a sweet boat. To each's own :)

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Believe me... it's on my mind to change the gelcoat.

rockballer    162

Im with SS... I second that... Tony was the one that sold me on bright boats... and dam do they ever look sexy unded the sun with the metal flake.. the design you went with looks allot like mlst the boats they order. White on the bottom and top.... my boats the same. Still looks sexy as hell through.

I agree... that stereo is bad tush but dammmm. You really need to draw the line on price... it adds up real quick and can be added in the future.

rockballer    162

You know they just released the new quick surf system as well. Just put it this way... Malibu has a really hard time selling boats without surfgate. If you didn't already have enough to think about... now this

• Like 2

Lak3surf3r    714

I would Highly recommend getting the downfire system. Im an audiophile and do all my custom audio work myself but I have it on mine and l wouldn't change a thing. Its perfectly tuned and you have sound in all directions. The tower speakers are so loud that I usually have the dash mounted gain knob turned half way down and even someone wake boarding can still hear it clearly. Btw the centurion sub woofer grill is pretty badass Dark, but I have caught my toe on an edge of it and cussed it out lol.

Basically, it comes down to the fact that it's really REALLY expensive! AND, I don't like that it encroaches my headroom in the "standing area". Maybe I'll just wear a helmet on the boat.

Honestly though, I have been thinking about just getting them. And I hate to admit it, but part of the reason is that I want that Centurion subwoofer grill! LOL

Edited by nasmith342

Lak3surf3r    714

I have it on mine and l wouldn't change a thing

I take that back, I forgot that the 10" speakers on the tower have paper/cardboard cones unlike the rest of the boat/tower polypropylene speakers and the woven fiber cone on the subwoofer. I guess It doesnt bother me that much since my dealer will warranty them when they rip from AZ sun cooking them away and they sound amazing!

DarksideR    1,679

Paper/cardboard cones....? Doesn't sound like those would like all the rain we get here.

I don't think I'm gonna jump on the quick surf bandwagon. I think the FS33 will put out a great wave without it and will switch sides in a couple minutes. This works for me.

Edited by DarksideR
  • Like 1