Sign in to follow this  
DarksideR

Wakesurf board demo?

DarksideR    1,679

I'm a firm believer that in order to truly know if something works for you, you must try it yourself. We're all perfectly individual snowflakes :sick: LOL. So, what works for one, will not necessarily work for the next guy. That being said, I never demoed any of the exact boards that I own, and I like them all in their own way! BUT... for my next board, I'd like to be able to try it out first before I buck up! So, what shops demo out their boards? And is there a cost to the person that demo's it? The only boards I can find to demo here are Inland Surfers... I'd like to try something else.

BenHolloway    29

its full this year but they polar bear is a great place to demo boards, some surfing events are also a good place to find boards to try out...

rockballer    162

We can swap boards if you want sometime.

Here is what I have

Ronix - Marshmellow

Ronix - Cortez

Will have

Phase 5 - AKU

Hoping to have atleast 1 more board as well by next season. Not to sure what to get

DarksideR    1,679

Ben, I would have loved to go to that PolarBear event! Especially before buying a new boat!! One of the things that was so great about the Texas Crew meet was getting to try different boards. I think a Soulcraft will be my next board, but he has several different designs now so picking one is tough.

Rockballer, that's a great idea, but a bit more limited than I had in mind. Of your boards, the Aku is definitely on my list of boards I want to try! I have two Phase 5 carbon Daniellos, one small with a 2" fin and one large with reg fin, an Inland Surfer Mucus and my trusty Custom ShredStixx.

bluesman280    99

Do we have any decent events here in Canada?

I know my local board shop does rentals of anything they sell, so that helps here in Edmonton, but doesn't help you much out there in BC.

Darksider, I'm like you, I would love to find a demo days to try out some new boards.

DarksideR    1,679

I don't know of any, but I'm working with my dealer to try to get something setup for next summer.

h20king    794

Dark our crew does Banks lake each year in Washington. You should bring the new boat we have lots of boards for you to try. We will be there July 11th-21st Let me know and ill see what I can do about a camping spot for you. We stay at steam boat rock state park

DarksideR    1,679

I gotta see how well my F150 pulls the new boat before I commit to a long excursion. But thanks for the invite! According to my book, I'm rated for 8700lbs... should be capable. But then go and load up the truck with camping gear...?

h20king    794

nope just rent a trailer and have it delivered all you need is boat and food LOL

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Looks like a 6 hour drive for me. Not bad. But the route goes through the rockies... might prove to be a challenge!

Carter13    69

Harold,

How fast are you driving?

It took us 7 hours and we are 45 minutes away from Gresham.

rockballer    162
Looks like a 6 hour drive for me. Not bad. But the route goes through the rockies... might prove to be a challenge!

Not to bad. I have towed my boat fully loaded.with gear... made sure the gas tank was almost empty. Weighed it on the scale and it was 5700 lbs plus tongue weight. So 6000 lbs and my jeep was fully loaded with 5 people. Towed it to kelowna no problem. My trucks only rated for 7500 lbs. You should be absolutely fine. Its just absolutely disgusting how much fuel you burn towing though.

h20king    794

70 MPH It might be a little more than 4 1/2 hours but not positive. Now that we have the camper we leave the night before drive a couple hours then pull over and sleep. We now do this on all trips so the drive does not feel so long

h20king    794

Carter do you take the Washington side or come to Oregon and go out 84??

Carter13    69

We drove the Oregon side on 84.

traysonh    11

Check out your local boat dealer? Here in the Portland area, our local dealer (active water sports) has a demo day in may. I've attended a couple of those events where you get to ride a variety of boats and boards for free. the big mass production vendors are typically there.

I've been riding regularly for 2 seasons and here are the boards I've tried so far.

So far my list includes:

> Hyperlite Broadcast 4'9 (sold)

> Hyperlite Broadcast 5'4 (demo)

> Liquid Force Fish 5'6 (sold)

> O'Brien Alias 5'0" (friend's)

> Liquid Force Fish 5'0 (friend's)

> React 4’9” (friend's)

> Ronix Caption 4'8 (still own, boat board)

> Ronix Koal Illuminati 5'0 (sold)

> Inland Surfer Squirt 5’0 (friend's)

> Wavezone Boost 3'9" (friend's)

> React 5’0” (friend's)

> Byerly Buzz 4'8" (demo)

> Ronix Parks Carbon Thruster 5'1" (Demo)

> Soulcraft Jetty 5’0 (friend's)

> Liquid Force Custom Quad 4'8" (friend's)

> Liquid Force TC Custom Skim 4’4” (friend's)

> Doomswell Drone Squashtail 4'4" (friend's)

> Soulcraft Da Honu 4’8” (friend's)

> Ronix Parks Carbon Thruster 4’7” (friend's)

> React 3’11” (friend's)

> Ronix One Carbon Skimmer 4’4” (friend's)

> Ronix One Skimmer 4’10” (own, boat board)

> Doomswell Nubstep 4’6” (own, this is my go-to surf style board)

> Lakewakes Flying Saucer skim 4’5” (friend's but I have access to it all the time and it's my go-to skim)

h20king    794

Sweet just let me know what day . love to meet other wakesurfers

Stop by my shop and demo whatever you want Dark. Its not THAT far out of the way.