DarksideR    1,679

there is a reason mb is so cheap. Send a message to pat at NW Boat Sports and ask him about MB. He sold them at one time so he has the lowdown on them

They're barely cheaper than Supreme... just saying. I've spent some time on the MB forum. There's way less complaining going on there about the brand and it's issues than there is here.

• Like 2

h20king    794

Not sure why you would think the MB would be better than your FX22 . I can see that the goofy wave might be somewhat better as the FX shares the same hull with the SV but at what cost ?? To me you are considering a downgrade. MB cuts corners on there build. Thats the difference between centurion and MB it's the things you can't see. And as far as what you can see the tower and windshield are two things I could never get past. In the end it is your money and you have to be happy. Have you considered one of Tonys used FS 33`S ?? He has some of the best pricing on them in north American

stoked    1,039

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Replace the bags with lead. Takes 1/8th the space so you can hide them under the seats with no exposed bags. Wait the dollar out buddy!!

Honestly, there's no room. The FX22 has enough...( too much actually) weight in the rear corners. I had lead in there and had to remove it. The real issue is it not handling enough weight for what I'll call an "Epic wave". It's got a great wave with the ballast I have plus two to three people in the boat. But riding an FS33 ruined it for me! Any more weight just creates wash. And I can't have that. Lol. Next year this time would be such a great time to sell I bet

I see what you did there. Nice try. I hope you find what you're looking for next year bud.

I have considered waiting for the dollar to change but who knows how long that'll take if ever. And my boat will just continue to depreciate. So, I'm moving along with it.

Give it the winter, the fed is about to raise interest rates here which may catch us up to you a bit

DarksideR    1,679

Not sure why you would think the MB would be better than your FX22 . I can see that the goofy wave might be somewhat better as the FX shares the same hull with the SV but at what cost ?? To me you are considering a downgrade. MB cuts corners on there build. Thats the difference between centurion and MB it's the things you can't see. And as far as what you can see the tower and windshield are two things I could never get past. In the end it is your money and you have to be happy. Have you considered one of Tonys used FS 33`S ?? He has some of the best pricing on them in north American

I think you're mistaken on the FX22 sharing hulls with the SV. They throw completely different waves and have more aggressive edges. Whether MB cuts corners or not, I can't comment on that. I know they take extra steps that other manufacturers don't. They actually glass the hulls together to make it one piece! That's impressive. Probably not necessary, but impressive. Tony does have the best prices in North America. Probably even worldwide. Unfortunately the dollar exchange just put it out of reach for me.

Give it the winter, the fed is about to raise interest rates here which may catch us up to you a bit

That was my hope. Sell mine high and buy the next low. But timing is everything. I hope you're right.

viking    491

For me I'd never consider an MB if I owned your boat! Just saying.

I looked them over before I bought my 226 and we all know which way I decided to go!

Sometimes you can end up chasing your tail to get a better and better wake only to be disappointed again.

Personally I'd enjoy your summers with what you got, pay extra on it if you can, and wait for the perfect moment to move up to the 33 (or whatever is the newest and greatest at the time).

As we all know hulls, tech, gadgets, and results change over time!! Who knows what the economic environment and product offerings will be in a year or 2.

Stretch    409

In all reality I personally say why have a 100k dollar boat that you aren't happy with. If any boat you test throws a wave you're in love with, why keep something you're not content with instead. Bu, mastercraft, axis, tige whatever, somebody is gonna think it's trash... But they aren't the ones making the payments now are they!

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

I can relate with both your points. In all honesty if I hadn't ever rode behind the 33, I'd be totally content with my 22. We love the boat. The wakeboard wake is incredible, and the surf wave is awesome on both sides. So why trade? Cause I still want better. I know it's out there. And I may have to get a boat that's less "attractive" or techy to get the wave I want. It's not a perfect situation, but... the surfboard wants what the surfboard wants. LOL.

And H. I'll agree that the tower and the windshield on the B52 are a bit of an eye sore. The dash is pretty ugly too! But if it surfs well and is priced well and doesn't have mechanical issues, I can get past the look.

And I think it's actually growing on me.

post-848-0-65640100-1447564853_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

h20king    794

The tower does not look bad but it does shake like a leaf in the wind. And wait tell your out with some wind and chop and get wet because of the lack a full windshield and you might not like it so much. Another thing to consider is you will be a red headed step child LOL your avitar will read boat type other and you allready know knowbody cares about MB on this sight LOL

• Like 1

Bongo Fury    640

Dark....its your money and whatever spins your top is a good thing. For my 2 cents, the MB and the Tige were the only two boats I did not look at closely....just could not get past the looks......personal for sure......it is also a funny deal how when I get on this site and read about all the new boats I start jonesing for a new boat like the Ri.....then I pause and think about what I have....and I smile......sure....a new boat would be awesome and my wave just a little bit better......but I am never going to be throwing down 520's and my boys won't either.....its all good......and dude...whatever you do....you have to hang around!

• Like 2

DarksideR    1,679

Thanks guys. I'm sure I'll stick around no matter what. Even if I'm the red headed stepchild! LOL

H, what you said about the windscreen makes a lot of sense. I believe they helped the tower out a bit this year by making the tubes triangular shaped instead of round. I've witnessed that shake on my buddy's F21. It's pretty bad with just a pair of Rev10's. But I haven't heard of any breaks. Unlike the Gladiator.

• Like 2

h20king    794

I think it shakes because of how the top cross bar bolts the two risers together I dont mind the looks but to me it just comes off looking like a universal tower. I just hate to see you leave the family. MB is not a bad boat but you really need to look past the finish to see that fineline construction builds a better boat period !!hand lamination is just not as solid as the plexis bond.fineline uses joining top cap with bottom hull to make one piece. MB still has a top cap joined at the rub rail. Another thing to consider is they do not hold value like fineline some shopping on onlyinboards will show that and with a MSRP of 89k you are in the FS price range

truekaotik    458

The real point is... Nothing will surf like the Boat you want out of the choices given. Nor I doubt they will have the wave or the toys you currently poses... So why change until it's for the golden egg? Early Mid life crisis Dark?

• Like 1

boatnut    230

My opinion is , whatever makes you smile and be happy , do it, you only live once !!!!

stoked    1,039

I agree that you need to do whatever makes you happy!

I'm wondering though, are you looking at other brands because you have the "new boat bug"? Because I would question if any of them are really going to put out a better wave than your FX, maybe with the same tweaking they will, but then you'll be right back to where you are now. It sounds like you want a new boat asap, and those are in your price range for new boats right now.

Just make sure you're not taking one step forward, just to go two back!

Your new avatar:

germany-win-the-world-cup-lahm-lifts-the

• Like 3

DarksideR    1,679

Lmao! Nicely done stoked!

I too am concerned that these boats I've listed won't perform to my expectations. H20king seems to think the S238 will be a surf monster. And it will be my first demo. Just to clear things up, I'm not just jonesing for a new boat. I've looked for used FS33's. There isn't any that are any cheaper than the two brand new LOADED 2015's ExtremeBoatsport has coming in. I bought the FX22 as a temporary fix to the dollar falling apart on me. It was never the boat I wanted. Is it an awesome boat? Hell yes! But it's not what I wanted. If I'm going to have this kind of money tied up, it should be what I want.... So it should be the FS33! But... yeah. Believe me when I say this. This decision is very difficult for me. And sometimes feels like the wrong thing to do. But I'll continue to move forward until I can't find what I want for the money I can afford.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts on this subject and hope to have things sorted out soon.

h20king    794

Dark I did back to back demos of the S238 and the FS 33 . The boys at NW Boat Sports for sure knows how to set these boats up. The 238 was awesome and it was there first time out with the boat. With a little more time dialing in the wake I think it will more than hold its own against against the FS. My thought though is if you wait tell January or February you should be able to get a left over 15 FS or a lightly used 15 FS for a price that will fit your budget. After the dealer meeting people will see the new finishes for 16 and there is always guys that crave the latest and greatest so I think you will see more boats available. If the FS is what you really want don't settle. Just be ready to pounce when the deal you want comes allong. JMTC

viking    491

That's really all I was saying too is why look at anything other than the FS33 if that's what you really want. Just hang on with what you have until the "right deal" on a 33 comes along. Otherwise you'll be disappointed time and time again until you get it. In the end you gotta do what you gotta do and nobody can make the decision for you! Until then you got a pretty cool temporary ride.

Bongo Fury    640

Dark I did back to back demos of the S238 and the FS 33 . The boys at NW Boat Sports for sure knows how to set these boats up. The 238 was awesome and it was there first time out with the boat. With a little more time dialing in the wake I think it will more than hold its own against against the FS. My thought though is if you wait tell January or February you should be able to get a left over 15 FS or a lightly used 15 FS for a price that will fit your budget. After the dealer meeting people will see the new finishes for 16 and there is always guys that crave the latest and greatest so I think you will see more boats available. If the FS is what you really want don't settle. Just be ready to pounce when the deal you want comes allong. JMTC

This is great advice...I am going to try to do this exact same thing with a new tow rig....hard to not get caught up in it....need to stay with your plan!

DarksideR    1,679

Totally makes sense. But keep in mind, if my boat sells today, I have to pick my boat today. My boat is a trade in. I save thousands in tax dollars trading in. If it's just sold and I cash out and wait, I lose that trade credit. Make sense? Not sure how it is down south? But I'd rather pay tax on 20k than 100k.

h20king    794

No TAX in Oregon. Don't quite understand the trade in thing. Outright sales price is always more than trade in at least here. I would think just selling the boat and sitting on the cash tell your DEAL comes around would save you enough $$ that losing the trade credit would not matter. I know you love your dealer and I get that I love mine as well but if you go slightly used dealer territory is out the window. If my dealer could not beat a price I would talk with them and they would understand and want me to be happy. They would still get all my business for service and would know im not leaving them. I'm sure Tony is the same way.and would even help you knowing that you are loyal and will give him every chance to sell you.your next boat. I have allready come to terms that I will always have a boat payment because of how many hour's we put on. Once you break 300 hours your boats value takes a dump and.is hard to sell for a fair price.