Bongo Fury    640

I have the Regular size platform. I have a little bit of spray but not nearly as much as I had with the 1st FAE I had on the boat. The replacement one Larry did seems to have cleaned up alot of the spray issues I was having. I still have a spray flap but I do not have it on and I do not feel like I have to have it on now.

Thanks...wondering if having the smaller surf platform makes it worse as it does not knock down as much spray..........

Dreamer    96

WETSU, just curious if there were the upgrades on the FAE bracket to keep it attached to your boat?

WETSU, just curious if there were the upgrades on the FAE bracket to keep it attached to your boat?

Yes. Larry changed the way the platform crossbar connects to the downpipe of the FAE. He increased the distance between the connection on the downpipe by adding a horizontal bar instead of having both connections on the actual downpipe and so close to each other. It seems to be rock solid and I am getting NO flex/twist at all.

I don't have any pics handy but when i am back out at the boatshed I will get a couple and post.

• Like 1

LKASurfing    53

I noticed a big difference from our 13 233 to the 14 244. 244 has the factory silent tip exhaust. I like it & the price!

FargoDawg    8

how do I get a quiet tip for my boat? I cant find them online. do I call Fineline?

'12 SV233

Bongo Fury    640

how do I get a quiet tip for my boat? I cant find them online. do I call Fineline?

'12 SV233

or work with your dealer.....

• Like 1

Bob U    5

Has anyone called PCM and asked if they have a better silencer tip for their system?

N8 Froelich    12

Check out this well design and smooth flowing exhaust pipe on a G23.

Picture 39 of 39 here

http://www.marinemax.com/boats/details/4798689/new/nautique-super-air-nautique-g23-marinemax-buford.aspx

I like how the flange connects to the transom as opposed to a boot. Love our Enz but that is one a sick boat, although it would take two days to clean every little nook, cranny, and compartment. I like the hinges on the seats I've wondered if I could do that to our boat but couldn't picture how to set up the hinges.

N8 Froelich    12

These hinges, forgot to attach.

post-6448-0-64774200-1415745708_thumb.jpg

Bob U    5

I like how the flange connects to the transom as opposed to a boot. Love our Enz but that is one a sick boat, although it would take two days to clean every little nook, cranny, and compartment. I like the hinges on the seats I've wondered if I could do that to our boat but couldn't picture how to set up the hinges.

Centurion can easily come up with an option for this as well. I like how simple and clean it is without any brackets.

WakeDoc    471

For THIS much I think I would make my own?

N8 Froelich    12

For THIS much I think I would make my own?

Wow, that's a lot of cheddar.

Bongo Fury    640

Nice post Bongo. I wish the spray issue would get resolved for our boats so we can pull the trigger on this!

No kidding RVR....we may just go for it. Once the silencer comes off it will be a few bucks in gel coat work to fix the screw holes......I'm also wondering if the spray is just more noticable because of the smaller surf platforms not knocking as much of it down. I'm just not ready to put a mud flap on my Enzo. I really miss not having an FAE on the boat!!!!!

Dreamer    96

If you do order an FAE for your enzo ask Larry to angle the downtube backwards a little. Mine goes straight down when the boat is level so once on plane it would angle forward. Not sure this is part of the problem but it wouldn't hurt to try something different.

DarksideR    1,679

There must be a way to make the angle adjustable. Would end up with a flange and gasket, but would be easier to tune.