Dreamer

Quick Fill Valve Maintenance

Bongo Fury    640

We replace many. MB, Supreme, Centurion. The theory behind lubing them and leaving them open is that they won't bind up. If you leave them closed, they bind up, fail and you can't open them. Although it doesn't seem to matter, open or shut they fail. Fineline has made a change mid 2015, Supremes are now coming with the more robust 'ramfill' quickfill valves. My guess is they went to these across the board hoping for less failures and more purchasing power. Viking, you should see what your boat has...old ones or new...

Are these new valves available on the Centurions as well? Do you have any feedback on them yet? Thanks!

NW Boat Sports    232

What do I look for to determine which ones I have? I know the starboard side valve came DOA so had to be replaced already by the dealer before i took delivery.

Snap a pic and I will tell you.

NW Boat Sports    232

Are these new valves available on the Centurions as well? Do you have any feedback on them yet? Thanks!

Not sure, we aren't a Centurion dealer. I would assume they are coming on the new boats, tho...

boatnut    230

Any dealers out there that can enlighten us?

And possibly send us pictures?

Edited by boatnut

NW Boat Sports    232

Dang, they had a Ramfill valve on a stand alone with a switch at training. I thought I snapped a pic but must have deleted it. New ones have an arm with teeth that pop up when open. The plug and play bags were pushing the arm down a bit, so now they come with a cover from the factory.

Edited by NW Boat Sports

boatnut    230
Dang, they had a Ramfill valve on a stand alone with a switch at training. I thought I snapped a pic but must have deleted it. New ones have an arm with teeth that pop up when open. The plug and play bags were pushing the arm down a bit, so now they come with a cover..

Bummer, so I am guessing your a supreme Rep only?

boatnut    230

I know the forum will Dis-own me, but how are the Sanger boats?

NW Boat Sports    232

They are sweet! They drive Really nice!! Livorsi throttle and they turn better than a Malibu...I never thought that was possible until I drove a Sanger. Ski, wakeboard, wakesurf, cruise, they can do it all. The new 212 SL has Quickfill, Quickshape plates, pnp, zero off and the Raptor motor which really moves! I would venture to guess more hand laid fiberglass in a Sanger than any other tournament manufacturer.

viking    491

5ebff5b30c82ea58e3b31aecbb02259b.jpg

I know that fineline initially sent the wrong valve due to the wiring connection was different? Maybe a 3wire plug instead of 4? Something like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

boatnut    230

So your thinking the new valerie has 4 wires and the old one has 3 wires?

viking    491

NO Idea which ones I have? I'm not sure what is the difference between the 2 that's why I asked. NW Boats asked me to take a snapshot so I did. I just know that when the dealer found the valve dead on arrival they had Fineline ship them a replacement and they sent them the wrong one first and had to ship another (not sure if it was the new or old or IF i have the new or old)? Inquiring minds WANT to know tho :good:

DarksideR    1,679

Nasmith posted on a thread somewhere about having the valves changed over to the new ones on his 2014 FX44. He had pics and everything. Never heard of any issues after that.

boatnut    230

I wonder what's required in the switch over, and the other question I have, Centurion boats have a 5 year warranty, would those not be covered this warranty?

dejoeco    59

I had the Ramfill intake valves replaced a few weeks ago and there was no need to modify the wiring. They install the new heavier duty valves as a replacement.

NW Boat Sports    232

Viking, those are the old ones. You can see the manual handle, then the electric drainmaster. The new one is all one unit, if it fails you flip over a key and can open and shut it manually. I will try to take a pic of the new ones tomorrow.

Edited by NW Boat Sports

viking    491

OK THANKS. So I wonder if I can get mine swapped out or if I should just wait and get them done under warranty WHEN they fail? Cause from the sounds of it it's inevitable.

Dreamer    96

I called Drainmaster Monday and purchased two new valves, which are the same as the ones I pulled out. They arrived yesterday and I will get them installed asap so we can start riding. The water is up to a balmy 51'.