ReSession

Order UP! 2014 SV233 coming to VT!

D3 Boats    19

Boat looks pretty sweet. Im sure you will love it. Two questions though. Why no Ramfil and Why not the reverse gel on the running surface?

ReSession    165

I decided against Ramfill because I moor my boat and need the extra storage space...unless you go with the 244 or FX44, the hard tanks take up most of the lockers and under seats. You get about 500 lbs more weight with the bags vs Ramfill. You also lose the second pair of in-boat speakers with Ramfill in the 233 or FX22.

White running surface just seems easier to maintain - I'd love to do it but I feel like I'd just be creating more work (or cost) for myself!

I have been wondering if I'd be better off with the Gladiator tower since I'll be going with 2 pair of 410's? I know a few mentioned the difference in height, plus I kind of like the one piece vs double tube of the Aegis. Anyone have a recommendation? Advantages/disadvantages? I can still make changes in the next few weeks!

h20king    794

I think you will have trouble fitting two REV 410's on a gladiator tower. I know you can do a threesome no problem. The REV 410's are HUGE speakers and unless you plan to do two on top and two on the bottom their is no way you are going to fit four of them on any tower let alone the Aegis tower.

D3 Boats    19

The Aegis is a nice tower. It really boils down to your personal preference. In my opinion, I would stay with the Gladiator tower. I like the one piece look better as well. Take the price difference on the Aegis and apply it to something else. Just my opinion.

MrN

I would get the Aegis Tower over the Gladiator. Stores lower for the Garage, and it will lock in the down position for towing, if you want to do that. Also it has a much more solid feel than the Gladiator, and I would think would do a better job of holding the Rev 410's using tube clamps. As the Cross Bars are Tubes so no custom mounting hardware will be needed. I also like the look of it better, but that is just my opinion.

• Like 1

ReSession    165

I'm sticking with the Aegis - my Centurion sources tell me there is no noticeable difference in tower height and it is much wider and should be able to handle the 2 pair of 410's. Stacking one pair above the tower is not an option I can live with. I'm not married to the 410's but if we can make it work, then we will!

• Like 1

h20king    794

You will never fit four REV 410's on the under side of the tower. It was all I could do to put two of them on a double up tower. If you want more than the two 410's you will have to use REV 10's on the inside side of the tower

h20king    794

If you put two of them on top of the tower maybe but never under the tower. They measure 28.5 inches wide. and the beam on the boat is 102 inches you do the math

h20king    794

River I was wrong on the speaker install on the falcon it happens I do make mistakes but not often. I love the Rev 410's the sound is amazing. The down side to them though is the size and weight. If you plan to remove them ever it takes two people.

Talking about the 410's always gets confusing given the fact that each unit is a "pair" of speakers.. To clarify, I believe the goal here is to do 2 REV 410 units. Just like the picture above. While I don't think anyone has done it, I think it may be possible on the aegis tower with some creative mounting solutions. Definitely not possible on the gladiator, given the curved top.

Edited by South Shore Marina NJ

BenHolloway    29

^^^ kinda what I thought he meant^^^

• Like 1

h20king    794

I don't think you will have any problem fitting one set of 410's on the aegis tower. Only challenge I see is spacers so the speakers hang flat. If you are OK with them at a slight angle I bet they will bolt right up

h20king    794

Greg I think these are the guys you need to talk to. Take a look at these pics they have allready have the aegis tower figured out as well as a mount for the EQ and im sure a sub box design as well

http://www.mob-inn.com/

post-777-0-08540800-1393897001_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-24632800-1393897015_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-04791800-1393897033_thumb.jpg

post-777-0-78685600-1393897047_thumb.jpg

Edited by h20king

D3 Boats    19

Greg I think these are the guys you need to talk to. Take a look at these pics they have allready have the aegis tower figured out as well as a mount for the EQ and im sure a sub box design as well

http://www.mob-inn.com/

That is a nice clean install!

MrN

RVR-RAT    269

That is a nice clean install! MrN

X2. Man that's a lot of weight hangin up there.

truekaotik    458

It is a double tube... There is no figuring out... By the pic and design of the 410, 3 would fit perfect with room, 4 you'd have to stagger.... Time to find a Aegis tower to do.... :)

duramat    462

X2. Man that's a lot of weight hangin up there.

I was thinking the same......