rockballer    162

Just dropped ours off for winterzing and storage yesterday. Also a bunch of new mods on the boat to be done by next season. Should be a nice little treat to pick up. New sacks lights and stereo mods. Now ima B jonzing all winter. 39 hrs for us. The nights are getting to cold up here in Canada.

CeeDee    16

Winterizing already ? We were just out riding today and are hoping to get out again before winterizing.

rockballer    162

Just one of those things. Put the boat away while it's nice out and avoid moisture in the boat... or waite tell its raining then put it away. That reason and the fact I haven't done any work on my house this summer.... having a boat just takes up so much time... cleaning ect.

DarksideR    1,679

I saw your boat there yesterday Rock. Can't believe you're putting it away already. It's been smoking hot the last few days! I hear ya though on getting stuff done around the house. Been putting off so many needed things. My boats staying available till the end of October. It can dry off in the garage.

Cdifranco    463

It is extremely sad the season is for the most part over. I put just about 50 hours on the new Enzo in only three weeks of owning it. Finally got to dial in the goofy wave and after shivering in 48º air temps after surfing I figure its time to call it quits.

The first half of the summer I racked up quite a bit of hours on a Bayliner before trading up to the centurion. Overall both boats treated me very well with only minor problems. The centurion did need a fuseable link replaced two days after picking it up, hoping to not have any problems next spring.

Next step is to move somewhere warm!

• Like 1

DarksideR    1,679

Cdi, so you dialled in your goofy wave? Are you happy with it and what's the secret recipe??

Cdifranco    463

Since this is my first season behind any boat surfing I would say I am happy enough to get out there and just surf. The first few days I had the boat I spent a lot of time adjusting how much water was in the ballasts, speed, trim, counter weight and all that stuff with two passengers and no rider. After comparing it to my neighbors 23' Enzo him and I both decided the goofy wave on the SV211 was nicer. (Not saying it is on all boats just a direct comparison between his and mine on the same day.)

My personal preference is to fill the starboard quick fill 100%, starboard side pro 100% or at least until their spitting water, the starboard PnP to almost full, my digital meters are off, at around 30% it is full. No counter weight except someone sitting on the port side because you do get wet sitting on the starboard side while surfing. Tab between 45-55 for surfing and I run 10.9 for speed. As a newbie I'm sure the wave could be a lot better, but at my skill level its more than fine for me.

Pictures really dark because it was later in the day. I will try to take a picture or video today during the last ride of the season.

F4C9D442-CC69-453A-AD10-957959BF6B16.jpg

7B5B85DA-A7D3-422A-94E5-FF994E9B4ABC.jpg

Edited by Cdifranco

DarksideR    1,679

Nice. Thanks for the info!

rockballer    162
I saw your boat there yesterday Rock. Can't believe you're putting it away already. It's been smoking hot the last few days! I hear ya though on getting stuff done around the house. Been putting off so many needed things. My boats staying available till the end of October. It can dry off in the garage.

Yaaaaa already miss it. Tony must hate me. He's taking out and re-plumbing the sacks they just installed last month and now he's re-doing the stereo that just got installed 2 weeks ago. Knew I should of gotten them to do my stereo the first time. I just get impatient and really picky when it comes to allot of stuff and usually change a few things before it's absolutely perfect. B)

Ya I don't have room for my boat in the garage right now.. I have a few projects in the garage on the go..it's sat outside all summer long. Next summer I will buy a cheap cover for it instead of the factory one so it doesn't fade if I don't have room in the garage.

Edited by rockballer

Bongo Fury    640

Finally getting real rain in Nor Cal......the lake is starting to inch up.....I read a book where it talked about rain for 40 days and 40 nights.........bring it on!!!

• Like 2

Nick213    583

We really needed this rain bongo, hopefully it continues through he rest of the week!

Edited by Nick213
  • Like 1

Bongo Fury    640

We really needed this rain bongo, hopefully it continues through he rest of the week!

No S%&@#T Nick!!!

Nick213    583

Looking good in your area 60-100% chance of rain for two solid weeks :)

If all goes well I'll be doing a trip there come spring!

Bongo Fury    640

Amazingly our lake is actually now at normal for this time in the year. December was awesome with a couple of huge storms really filling the lake. Lake was so beautiful today.....only wish my boat was on the lift so I could have gone out. Big bass tournament today.....must have been over a hundred boats on the lake ......well....at least the "bassholes" were able to enjoy the lake today!! Bring on some more rain....then spring!!!

post-901-0-76609400-1419725455_thumb.jpg

post-901-0-10690800-1419725480_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Bongo Fury    640

Any before pictures? Lake looks great :-)

Sorry...just deleted them the other day. We still need a bunch more rain because the lake fills only from rain and runoff..... they use the lake for irrigation during the summer and while the lake is now normal for this time of year we are far from being full.

Edited by Bongo Fury

Bongo Fury    640

Such an awesome wet December to help us dig out of the deep hole........ now not a single drop in January so far. We need that rain!

duramat    462

Dang Bongo, you guys were off to such a great start! Im hoping for you guys...us too. Word has it that this winter has been a "designer winter" all the snow has been up in the hills and rain down here in the valleys, word has it our snow pack is doing good

Bongo Fury    640

This storm we were to supposed to get is turning into a dud.......not much rain so far!

It was a bit of a dud, but the lake has already gone up to 3.5' above Rumsey so that is great news considering this time last year we were well under a foot. Another good rain tomorrow plus the run-off we should be looking pretty good considering . . . . . . time to get back on the West Coast CCC Weekend . . . . .

• Like 1