Troy. R    198

Sounds great can't wait to get it as well. Ordered my Lenco last week and now just need to figure out the switch and wiring and get the ice off the lake.

If you want to use the factory style teleflex switch I can send you a wiring diagram. You'll need to get a couple relays though...

I was looking at just going with their single dash switch as I am worried about hitting the Teleflex with my 6'4" knees. Can't find any diagrams that show how the unit requires power so was going to wait for the Lenco to show up and try and figure it out. The Lenco single switch looks like it is just a three wire rocker so not sure what the actuator needs without seeing it.

Troy. R    198

I doubt you could hit your knee on the switch. It sits between the steering wheel and dash and doesn't extend beyond the steering wheel.

The actuator is a simple reversible polarity motor.

2 wires, white and black.

Power white/ground black it goes one way.

Power black/ground white it goes the other.

A 7 pin DPDT contura switch would work too.

Sounds good. If you don't mind sending me the Teleflex setup then I will look at going that route as well. If I recall you ended up not going with any kind of led indicator correct. Sticking to the old look over the edge and see where it is at?

Troy. R    198

Yeah, I don't have an indicator or gauge. I'd like to eventually figure out how to get a gauge to work, but you can see the difference in the wave as the driver and the rider can feel it.

I've only been out once since I installed it, and my buddy, wife, and myself all liked it in the same spot. About half way between full up and level with the hull.

I'll post that wiring shortly...

Edited by Troy. R

duramat    462

Doing the gauge is possible, but your looking at some serious coin to make it happen. Better Money spent on a new board/gas than to telling me where its at, thats what the surfer is for....letting me know whats the best setting :thumbsup:

7 gauge stainless 2B finish is what we got

Edited by duramat

h20king    794

Troy what are the plate dimensions?? Length and width ?? read the whole thread and cant find it

Troy    234

H2O, it was in a PDF on pg 4 towards the bottom.

h20king    794

Got it Thanks Troy. going to try one on the new boat. If it works on the centurion it should work on the 226

• Like 1

Troy. R    198

I would think so H.

The hull design is similar to the Enzo...

Troy. R    198

H,

You'll want to figure out the width of the flat part of the hull and the angle of the V. That along with 13" out from the transom and 6 1/2" up the port side will get you the measurements you need. I imagine it'll be pretty close to the PDF I posted...

Thanks for the info, can't wait to get it set up.

Troy    234

7ga seems a little thick. I seem to remember reading Volz used 12ga stainless and it was too much for his metal brake to bend.

For what it's worth, I used 3/16 aluminum which is what the factory fixed plate is.

My factory trim tab is about 3/32" aluminum

Think that should be fine to build the wing out the same material, use thicker material or should I just build a whole new tab out of stainless?

post-798-0-73321500-1392840283_thumb.jpg

post-798-0-46436500-1392840296_thumb.jpg

Edited by Troy

Troy. R    198

I would think 3/32 stainless would be acceptable, but with aluminum I'm glad I went with 3/16. I think 3/32 aluminum might have too much flex. Your stock tab has the boxed up edges that add a lot of rigidity.

Troy    234

As always great info! thanks again!!

I have a neighbor that is a custom metal fabricator and he is going to come over and take a look and hopefully build me something. either a whole new tab or just a wing to bolt on. I am getting excited! and i am going through some major lake withdraws!!! Come on Rain and then come on summer time.. If we don't get some rain soon might not need warm weather due to the lake level so low.

duramat    462

Troy, Mine and Kris's factory plate is 3/16' thick alum. Our new stainless Steel A-Plates are 7 gauge and just barely a tad under 3/16" thick (7 gauge) AND ITS LEGIT!! This new plate is gonna double as ballast LOL. I forgot to take pics (shoot me now), perhaps I can get Kris to send me a couple pics.

Just mounting ours up looks perfect and factory using the existing bolts/mounts underneath. Kiris is putting just a bit more bend in them and then we should be rolling!

Edited by duramat