enzo101mo    98

Ok I have been pulling more people that want to wake surf more than wakeboarding so

my questions are

1. What prop do I need for my 2005 Enzo

2. What type of ballast tanks do I need? I have two factory balast tanks one starboard and portside

I don't want to put balast sack on my seats and if I pull balst tanks in my transom storage area how much depth of the storage does it give me?

3. Is a balast important in the bow?

4. What's the cost?

5. Center balast does it go in front of the gas tank? And is it important to have?

Kalidgh    37

Buy another boat.......

Shaka    146

Buy another boat.......

How is this good advice?

The answer is easy: rip out the hard tanks and buy Enzo sacs. If you'd rather split the weight between the two spaces buy 1100lb sacs for the rear lockers and 750lb sacs for underneath the seats. Many wake boarders prefer the second method.

Troy. R    198

I'd use 580s instead of 750s under the seats.

truekaotik    458

750 won't fit under seat. It 580 or lower like Troy said... With a light crew you may want a 400 on one seat as well as the 1100 rear locker sac and 580 under seat sac. Tsunami pump for the under seat sac or plumb it in.. Dont worry a out bow ballast right now if you have a good size crew... afteryou figure out how much weight your gonna run, then you can talk prop... For a sac upgrade your looking between $1000 on the simple side and 3500 on the boss set up....

Edited by truekaotik

Shaka    146

750 won't fit under seat. It 580 or lower like Troy said... With a light crew you may want a 400 on one seat as well as the 1100 rear locker sac and 580 under seat sac. Tsunami pump for the under seat sac or plumb it in.. For a sac upgrade your looking between $1000 on the simple side and 3500 on the boss set up....

I have a 750 under the starboard seat. While I'm sure it doesn't fill to capacity it fills reasonably full and fits fine.

Dreamer    96

1. What prop do you have? An Acme 537 will work if your total weight is under 2000#'s. If you plan on going big then get a 13.5" diameter 5 blader. I have one and love it.

2. I pulled the two factory tanks out of my enzo and installed an enzo sac on the port side and a 400# sac on the starboard side in place of the tank (we ride regular). If I was going to do it all over again I would probably use 1100's in the lockers and 580's or a custom 72" long sac on the port side. The sacs flatten out when empty so you have to move your gear from one locker to the other to fill ballast.

3. The enzo does not need bow ballast and I don't think there is a center tank. My boat does not have one and my wake is killer!

4. Talk to the guys at wakemakers.com and see what they can do for you. You probably need another pump or two depending on if you are setting up one side or both.

Do it right and expect something like this:

zapisor    43

Dreamer

Is there any value in adding a bag (+/- 400bs) in the observer compartment? on top of your current configuration?

On a wakeboarding note:

Bow ballast is huge asset for wakeboarding, especially if you have young ones that like to board at slower speeds, it really cleans things up

Edited by zapisor

nailem    29

I have 1100 rear port locker plumbed to factor starboard fill and controlled with valves. drain is plumbed to drain pump and a switch that only drains and added a jobsco pump plumbed in 1" overflow plumed to 750 under bench. 750 is plumbed to the factory fill/drain port switch. All drains are on the starboard side except the reversible. I cut out the entire area under both benches. Works well but may add another jobsco pump to the 750.

Dreamer    96

Dreamer

Is there any value in adding a bag (+/- 400bs) in the observer compartment? on top of your current configuration?

On a wakeboarding note:

Bow ballast is huge asset for wakeboarding, especially if you have young ones that like to board at slower speeds, it really cleans things up

I have a bow sac plumbed into my boat and never use it. If I add weight forward of the windshield it really flattens out the wakesurf weight.

Dreamer    96

Dreamer - how fast are you going in that video??

I can not remember in that video but my wake is best at 11.5mph. Sometimes we slow it to 11 to make it easier to do surface tricks. Edited by Dreamer

enzo101mo    98

This is great getting all this info from all of you :thumbsup: My next question did you do it your self or have the dealer do it? If you did it your self is there any video showing how to do it?

I did purchase a 537 prop several years ago and bent it last Labor Day weekend and I just sent it out today to get repaired at Tacoma propeller. I been using my original prop that came with the boat and I diffient;y see the differents.

What really made me want to do this is because last weekend young high school boys point out to me "Oh look that boat has a much bigger wake than yours" :rant:

truekaotik    458

It's easy Enzo... Wether you keep the factory pump(s) or not... We will help you get her plumbed :) you can use a 750, it just don't fill all the way and is shorter than the 580....

Kalidgh    37

Not sure what happened to my whole post earlier.

I wrote " seriously though, put 1100 in each rear locker, and at least 500 under the seats. Look in the crew store for deals.

After that it gets into drilling holes and whatnot and I am no pro at that. Others have more experience than I"

Troy. R    198

did you do it your self or have the dealer do it? If you did it your self is there any video showing how to do it?

I did my own install. I left the stock center alone and Added 3 Johnson reversible pumps, 1100s in the lockers, and a 580 under the port seat.

It's not nearly as daunting as it seems. I don't have video, but I do have schematic, pictures, and other info I can send your way if you'd like.

enzo101mo    98

Thanks Troy it would sure help if you can send me the drawing. You all have beeen very helpful. My wife doesn't want to loose the rear transom storeage area for that's where we put are ice chest, trash can and life jackets(12). I saw on Centurion news about their new Ram fill system and the Cats. I wonder if they can install the CAts on an older boat?

Troy. R    198

With the bags you only lose the storage when they're full, so you could store that stuff in the starboard locker (assuming you're surfing regular). The down side is, if you have to switch sides you'd have to switch your stuff from one locker to the other.

Bigcatpt    408

This is great getting all this info from all of you :thumbsup: My next question did you do it your self or have the dealer do it? If you did it your self is there any video showing how to do it?

I did purchase a 537 prop several years ago and bent it last Labor Day weekend and I just sent it out today to get repaired at Tacoma propeller. I been using my original prop that came with the boat and I diffient;y see the differents.

What really made me want to do this is because last weekend young high school boys point out to me "Oh look that boat has a much bigger wake than yours" :rant:

Here is some info that may be helpful as you start to plan your new ballast system. These are several years old now but still good info on where to get started. Lots of good info about pumps, hoses, thru-hulls, quick connects, custom sacs, drilling holes through fiberglass, etc.

Troy R has some great info in the link above too!

http://centurionavalancheballastinstall.blogspot.com/

http://customfalconballast.blogspot.com/

http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.php/topic/1857-falcon-v-custom-ballast-install/?p=17483&hl=+custom%20+falcon%20+ballast&fromsearch=1#entry17483

Edited by Bigcatpt