RhuntIII    555

I have to come clean. With all this talk about 'to have or not to have front ballast', I finally said screw it, and called my dealer to add it. While I am fairly confident I don't need it, I will be so pissed if I have to fill up manual bags in the front. Just decided the $800 saved wasn't worth it.

Carzin, I think you made the right choice. It's always better to have than have not.

We are on our second SV240, current it 2010, about the only time we use bow ballast is when we have a big crew and everyone wants to sit in the back of the boat, fill the bow to counter the extra crew in the back of the boat. If the lakes gets real rough during the day we will fill the bow and center tank for some added weight to make a smoother ride in rough water. The next time we have the boat out and loaded for surfing I will try to remember to take pics without bow or center, with center, no bow and with center and bow.

Doesn't the bow weight in the rough water bring the nose down? Does this make for a dryer ride?

I guess he put it away in the fall and that's when he took his pictures. Untarped it 10 minutes before we got there and found that mess.

What was his expression like when you showed up?

post-3359-0-76121300-1361241373_thumb.jpeg

grillz    1

He was pretty gutted, but didn't seem overly devastated about it.

WakeDoc    471

Deep V rides deeper in the water less bow rise, smother ride, at least for us.

Kalidgh    37

I remember my dad putting our Larsen away for winter once. Put the canvas on, tied a tarp over it, and parked it in the driveway ( we live in BC...lots of snow and moisture)

The interior looked like a 8 month old block of cheese in the spring. Disgusting. Used VIM to get it clean....then sold it!!