grillz    1

So I have been looking around and it seems like if surfing is the primary goal, it is best to replace whatever factory ballast there is with large sacs. In my case I think I'll throw in an enzo sac in the port side and keep the factory ballast on the starboard or throw in a small 400lbs sac. The boat I'm looking at has just the two factory midship tanks (no 400lbs bow tank). I'm pretty sure that setup will deliver a good wake, but I've been looking around for some time and many people stress the addition of bow ballast to lengthen the pocket. The main questions I have are:

1) Is bow ballast useful in creating a nice surf wake behind an enzo sv230?

2) If so, how easy (and expensive) would it be to plumb a sac where the factory one would have been?

3) I'm not very useful at mechanics; could I get a dealer to plumb them in and install larger pumps at a reasonable price?

Nick213    583

My dealer would not plumb I added ballast due to weight liability maybe yours will though

Dreamer    96

You do not need bow ballast to surf the regular side of the sv230. Get as much weight as possible in the locker and up that side. Then you can add a few hundreds pounds of counter weight behind the driver seat.

carzin    10

You know, I had a quandry with my just ordered SV233. The surf package does not include the bow ballast. Both the factory rep and sales rep told me it was not necessary, and added little to nothing to the wake surfing wave, on top of it being an $800 option. I asked the guy who owns a 2012 Enzo SV244 and runs a wake surfing school. He told me that I made the right choice not ordering the ballast, as he doesn't run forward ballast in his optimum setup.

Still on the fence if I shouldnt call the dealer and add it. Really hate having to pump up sacks, and I'll be kicking myself later if I have to do that.

I have emailed Inland Surfer, and I'll pass on their response.

Edited by carzin

DrNate    426

You don't need bow ballast for surfing. Trust me. I have it on mine and I NEVER use it.

Dreamer    96

I pulled the tanks and added a custom 1850# enzo sac on the port side and a 350# sac under the seat behind the driver. Driver and spotter only. No lead in boat, no sacs on the seat or platform and no bow ballast.

Dreamer    96

and I sealed up the port side vent holes with hockey pucks.

carzin    10

Just spoke with Jeff Page (Inland Surfer is the best guys, if you don't own one of their boards, you should) with Inland Surfer. In short, he doesn't run bow ballast. He says the most important thing to getting a clean wave is adjusting the rudder trim. He says he adjusts the trim about 1/4" in the opposite direction they are surfing, and states it makes a big difference. I haven't seen the rudder trim, so I don't know how you adjust it. He said that Kenan has a goofy boat, and that Kenan likes a little weight on front, even with the goofy setup, but I got the feeling still that it wasn't entirely necessary.

I consider them an authority on this, so I'll leave it at that :)

carzin    10

I have to come clean. With all this talk about 'to have or not to have front ballast', I finally said screw it, and called my dealer to add it. While I am fairly confident I don't need it, I will be so pissed if I have to fill up manual bags in the front. Just decided the $800 saved wasn't worth it.

grillz    1

Thanks carzin and dreamer for the advice! Drove 16 hours today to look at a boat to find out it has crazy condensation problems. No heated storage -_- Not a happy camper.

RhuntIII    555

Thanks carzin and dreamer for the advice! Drove 16 hours today to look at a boat to find out it has crazy condensation problems. No heated storage -_- Not a happy camper.

What does this mean, condensation problems, no heated storage?

Bongo Fury    640

I have to come clean. With all this talk about 'to have or not to have front ballast', I finally said screw it, and called my dealer to add it. While I am fairly confident I don't need it, I will be so pissed if I have to fill up manual bags in the front. Just decided the $800 saved wasn't worth it.

I think you did the right thing.....I would have ordered it. Boat like that.....why not!

gallery_2815_411_273719.png

I know that most do not use Bow Ballast, however, I had FB messaged Keenan this past summer to ask how he weights his boat because the wake always look great in his videos. My friend had just purchased a 244 GOOFY so we wanted some help getting it dialed in. This is a screen shot of how Keenan weighs his boat.

So Carzin because you have a GOOFY boat I think you did the right thing to order the bow ballast, because if the world champ weighs his exact same boat that way then... :thumbsup:

carzin    10

Awesome. I appreciate all the help! I feel pretty good about my decision.

duramat    462

Awesome. I appreciate all the help! I feel pretty good about my decision.

I expect to see video of you throwing down the same moves this season! :thumbsup:

Edited by duramat

carzin    10

We'll see :) I'll be thrilled if I can land an aerial 360. That is my goal for the summer. My wife wants to land a shove-it ;)

WakeDoc    471

We are on our second SV240, current it 2010, about the only time we use bow ballast is when we have a big crew and everyone wants to sit in the back of the boat, fill the bow to counter the extra crew in the back of the boat. If the lakes gets real rough during the day we will fill the bow and center tank for some added weight to make a smoother ride in rough water. The next time we have the boat out and loaded for surfing I will try to remember to take pics without bow or center, with center, no bow and with center and bow.

grillz    1

@Rhuntlll The owner must have tarped his boat while there was a considerable amount of moisture/water in it. The vinyl had gross spotting all over it, the carpet was damp and even wet in some spots. Also, there was mold everywhere. It was in all of the carpeted storage areas and even in the engine compartment. The speakers were covered in condensation and doubt they would work. Wouldn't be surprised if it need all new upholstery and new stereo. Sad to see one of these boats in that kind of condition.

RhuntIII    555

@Rhuntlll The owner must have tarped his boat while there was a considerable amount of moisture/water in it. The vinyl had gross spotting all over it, the carpet was damp and even wet in some spots. Also, there was mold everywhere. It was in all of the carpeted storage areas and even in the engine compartment. The speakers were covered in condensation and doubt they would work. Wouldn't be surprised if it need all new upholstery and new stereo. Sad to see one of these boats in that kind of condition.

Wow. So was it the first time the seller saw the inside of the boat?

grillz    1

I guess he put it away in the fall and that's when he took his pictures. Untarped it 10 minutes before we got there and found that mess.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Status Updates

• Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      EMAIL; papandmamazungu@gmail.com
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

+27630236059 Most Powerful Love Spells in USA, KINGSTONE,SOUTH AFRICA,EUROPU, ITAY,  DUBIA, Dubai -AUSTRALIA-ROMANIA-BULGARIA-MOROCCO-FIJI-HONDURAS-GREECE, LUXEMBOURG
      Love Spells That Work Fast ~Bring Back A Lost Love 24 Hours.Bring back a lost love 24 hours: love spell that work fast bringing back a lost love is very true. Why not restore your broken relationship if you still burning inside with same old love you had for each other this spell is designed to fix all your love issues.Stop acting though like you will heal your broken heart and cast a spell to bring back your lost love within 24 hours. This spell works no matter how long you have been parted ways with your partner. White magic love spells that work in the united kingdom Instant love spells to bring back your ex partner in the usa Marriage love spells that work for a good marriage Fastest love spells to reunite with your ex-lover Family reunion love spells that work in Chicago Voodoo obedience love spells that work in the USA Effective marriage love spells that work instantly Effective love spells that work for marriage. Lost Love Spells That Work Fast Call +27630236059 Powerful Love Spells For Lovers to bring there lost lovers Back in Zambia -Swaziland- Ohio -Nevada -Port Elizabeth, Love spells magic that will help you apprehend your relationship problems discover your soul mate and make them fall in love with you with the help of MAMA ZUNGU. shop your marriage from divorce & make your relationship more potent restoration believe troubles & misunderstandings between fanatics and get lower back lost lover in just 48 hrs. love spells to opposite a breakup & shop your dating. Mis placed love spells to get your ex misplaced lover lower back completely & carry lower back lost love.heal relationship troubles the usage of love spells to boom love among people. love spells to banish intimacy & communique troubles in your courting. love spells to make a person fall in love with you attract a brand new lover stop your associate from dishonest on you & love spells to save you a divorce.misplaced love spells to completely get your ex husband again or ex spouse lower back. lost love spells to completely get your ex boyfriend or ex female friend returned.love spells chants to bolster a courting. chant these spiritually endowed words & wipe away your dating & marriage troubles. love spells chants that will help you locate love; make someone fall in love with you & get your ex returned. love spells chant to heal dating & marriage problems. Powerful Lost Love Spells Call On +27630236059  Bring back lost lover USING MAGIC LOVE spells In Italy -UK -USA- Singapore- Oman -Bahrain -London- Ireland -wales -Austria, My bring back lost lover spells will connect you and your lover with binding love spells. Enabling you to resolve all the issues.If you met a special someone who had a big impact on your life but lost their love. Mama Zungu has lost lover spells to reunite you with love.Be blessed with the love of that special someone who left a mark in your life. If you want to taste the powerful love of a lost lover who made you fall deeply in love & you find yourself wanting more of their love after a breakup or divorce then my bring back lost love spells can be of assistance to your situation.b Maybe your ex-lover wants nothing to do with you again, bring back lost love spells will help them forgive you or each of you to forgive each other of past wrongs & make you fall back in love with each other & enable you to restart a successful love relationship. Return lost love spells,For those who can move on, for those who can’t seem to forget that special lover from the past, for those who want to reconnect with an ex-lover, for those who want that one person who understood them & loved them like noon else.                                                                                                                                                  CALL/WHATSAPP; +27630236059
      · 0 replies
    • Papazu12  »  CrewAdmin

· 0 replies
    • Edward  »  lamb80782

I see Lamb80782 had the same remove the driver seat as I am having.
      I didn't see the ulitmate solution.  I think removing "stop" would be the solution but am unable to see very well under the seat.  Has anyone come up with the solution?
      I also am reoving to have re-uphostered.  Itried removing the black access cover but it is very tight under there and not enough room for a regular wrench.  May try a 1/4 rachet drive.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/S37erPn8an8fDkHBA of seat.
      · 0 replies
    • Smcclellan  »  InfinitySurf

Good morning. I saw you talked about replacing the ram fill valves. I have a 2021 ri237 with a broken valve   It’s under warranty but dealer is going to be very slow to fix it.  Which wiring harness do I need to make sure I have  when I order off of Amazon.  Thank you scott 
      · 0 replies
    • Benji  »  Dreamer

Roswell Bimini for sale. New condition. It’s off of a new ri245. Great low price! Please reply to chat!
      Benji
      · 1 reply
  • Topics

• Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy..