bobback

Post your 360

RVR-RAT    269

Nice RVR I wished I coulda got there earlier to watch your crew ride :(

I'm just glad you were able to come out for a pull!!

duramat    462

X2 nice!!

Got out with Knuckledragger and pulled off my most successfull 3!!!! ......to bad I lost the momentum, BUT....it was perfect and where I needed to be in the pocket!

Enzo I give you credit to helping me get this far, I had more success trying to keep the board flat like you mentioned. Thanx!

enzo on LI    79

No problem! I just wish I could remember who originally said that so I could officially thank them...by name.

surf moocher    127

So I started turning the 3 this year. I don't have video (I tell myself that I'm not that self-important, but we all know it's an excuse). For me the two things that made a difference:

1. Get low. Not in a hunch from your waist, but in a crouch from your knees.
  2. Over rotate. Think about 1-1/4 rotations. That will put you right back in the pocket to pump back in.

That's funny, for me it has been the opposite. If I try and pull a 300, then finish the last 60 as I get on the front of the board I have better success. Otherwise, I over rotate out of the wave.

Troy    234

I started trying the 3 this week, Had some time off from work. Wish I would of seen this thread before this week, I think I could of landed them. I made several but couldn't get back into the pocket. I will try to keep the board flat and not charge the boat next time out and see if that helps.

Thanks to everyone posting the video's that helps a bunch!

Here is my try, and I couldn't get any farther than that. LOL. Can't wait to get back out on the water and try the tips I just read in this thread.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Fxlodt8OI2o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Troy

bobback    3

I have had that happen to me many times, Troy, and I'm thinking; you got to be kidding me, o so close!

Troy    234

I finally pulled off 3, 360's today!!!!! And I know, no pictures didn't happen.. But after my wife got the camera out I couldn't do another one... Just so stoked I actually pulled off a 360 this summer.. Only took a little over a month to make it happen.. :thumbsup: