bobback

Post your 360

fropappy    9

My friend Stuart on his 2nd 360 attempt Saturday.
He is on an Inland Surfer Swallow Edited by fropappy

DarksideR    1,679

He had it... just needed to pump or maybe get back into the SweetSpot of the wave quicker. Very nice.

phillewis    39

Can't seem to figure out how to embed a video here... so here's a link. It's kind of long, but there's a successful 3 by me in there (albeit a little sloppy :) and a few close attempt by Willie towards the end... fun stuff!

http://www.newschoolers.com/watch/523359.0/Surfing-Colorado?c=6

Edited by phillewis

duramat    462

Awesome vid phil!! The wave looks legit along with the surfing! :thumbsup: Keep the vids coming

DrNate    426

that is legit Phil! What board is that on the goofy riding? can't tell!

phillewis    39

Thanks guys, that board is my custom Soulcraft... she rides like a dream!

DarksideR    1,679

Sick

Troy. R    198

I've mastered the 300 and the 450, but the 360... Not so much

bobback    3

Let's see if these work.

Video 90

Video 89

These were from the weekend before, seemed to be close to getting it. Then this last weekend my attempts weren't nearly as good.

Edited by bobback

DarksideR    1,679

Sooooo close Bobback!

I removed the rear two fins on my custom SS, and I AM LOOOVING it!

Rode out my third ever 360 yesterday! Was my first try of the day too! Then every one I spun after that, I'd end up on top or behind the wave... was such a bummer. Will post video when I get back home. I'm currently at a friends lakehouse... wish I could live here! LOL

CeeDee    16

I'm currently at a friends lakehouse... wish I could live here! LOL

Dark

You up at Cowichan lake ?

duramat    462

Sooooo close Bobback!

I removed the rear two fins on my custom SS, and I AM LOOOVING it!

Rode out my third ever 360 yesterday! Was my first try of the day too! Then every one I spun after that, I'd end up on top or behind the wave... was such a bummer. Will post video when I get back home. I'm currently at a friends lakehouse... wish I could live here! LOL

How much of a Difference is the new SS compared to the Muc? Can't wait to see vid!

Bobback, Sweet!!

DarksideR    1,679

Yes, I was at cowichan, not anymore though. That lake is awesome, it was quite warm even though the weather wasn't!

The SS is still VERY different then the Mucas! It's a little more stable and just refuses to pearl... which is AWESOME! I can seriously walk all over that thing to adjust speed, but usually just move the back foot forward or backward to adjust. The thing thats taking time to get used to is the wider stance.

Anyway, here's my 360 and a little air.

bobback    3

DarksideR...that's a nice looking goofy wave. How are you weighted and how fast are you going?

And nice 3!

DarksideR    1,679

Thanks bobback! That's by far the best goofy wave I've had. Here's the breakdown:

750 stbd locker

250stock center

400 on rear bench seat with one end pushed to the stbd side

400 on floor running alongside the stbd seat

150 approx under stbd seat( currently bricks but plan to buy a tube sack )

120 girl behind driver

240 driver

Total... 2300lbs... Give or take. You must be very careful when turning and stopping when loaded this much. The rear corner rub rail sits just below water when sitting still. When under way, water will be splashing onto the stbd sun pad. Tape up the vent!

I really don't know the exact speed, but my guess would be between 9.5 and 10mph. We go by rpm and feel on my boat! Lol. Was around 2500-2600 rpm.

Even the spray is minimal when loaded this way. Seems the trick is to really load it heavy to the back. Any bow weight kicked up more spray and reduced push. It's not the longest wave but everything else was REALLY good!

DarksideR    1,679

The only thing I've done different from before is we used to put the 400 on the stbd seat along the side. It really seems to make a difference with it being on the back bench.

duramat    462

The only thing I've done different from before is we used to put the 400 on the stbd seat along the side. It really seems to make a difference with it being on the back bench.

Gonna try this next time, usually I throw a sac under that seat with a 400 ontop.

Again, excellent 3!

My family and I had a great time out with Duramat and his kids last night. Thanks again Dura! Apparently his Elite V is the only one I can land a 360 behind. hahaha. I've landed it twice behind his Elite V but have yet to land it behind my Falcon or others. I love that wave dura! I was stoked to get this 360 on camera since I missed my first one earlier this month.

truekaotik    458

Glad he had the gopro going as well Knuckle ;) cause the iPhone video he sent me, just catches the tail end of the 360.. But it has his kids and the others in the boat screaming and yellin with ya bro!! Congrats!