Tswicegood

Boat Leaking today while on the lake. Look at picture, What is this?

Spud    7

Mo, where's this info at? Document or something?

onionman    0

Wish I had seen this before, I just replaced my 2010 with a PSS, would have loved for it to have been covered by my warranty.

Spud    7

Same here, only centurion just denied my warranty and I'm quite disgruntled about it seeing my boat only had 26 hrs on it. I will be calling first thing in the morning.

Avalanche1    0

Yeah I just spoke to Shell about this on May 29th and she told me that this is not a warranty item but a maintanence item. Does anyone have a copy of the memo that Centurion sent so I can have this in hand when I reach back out to her. She told me to grease it and it should be fine. I have had my 2011 Avy since July, so less than a year and it has only 42 hours.

Edited by Avalanche1

enzo101mo    98

Russel Marine in Lake Martin Al. I was told this about the replacement of the seal by my Brother that live in Alabama at Lake Martin and has had tons of trouble with his 2010 Centurion Enzo since he bought it. The seal the mechanic put in was PSS seal and he told my Brother that Centurion told them to replace it for him. Now I don't know exactly if there was a memo but that's what Russel Marine told my Brother. I know when tons of cars has the same trouble they have a recall to fix the problem why aren't boats the same way? My Brother was so mad with all the things that happen to his boat ($85,000 boat) that he called me up last week to tell me he thinking of painting it yellow because he feels it's a lemon. So Now after 3years of everyhing going wrong Cnturion is finally taken care of his problems.

superdtf    68

CAn you put too much grease it? Will the seal blow out?

Yes, that's why your remove the little screw in the side. Pump the grease in while an assistant rotates the shaft from the propeller by hand. When the grease comes out of the little screw hole on the side, you're full. Put the little screw back in without dropping it in the bilge and spending two hours with mirrors and flashlights trying to find it, and you're done. Otherwise, you run the risk of blowing the seal out; you'll know if you did this, if grease comes out the front (you won't miss it). If you don't blow the seal out, then you run the risk of not putting enough in. Now that I've written this all out, it dawns on me (for the fiftieth time) what a POS this seal is. I'm so pissed about it now.

Spud    7

Well I know on my factory seal, when I pulled it to put the PSS on, it was defective and I believe if they are warranting them this is why. Shell denied my warranty with 20 hrs on it and now I am pissed off as well. The very first time my boat was the lake, my bimini ripped, Shell repaired and it ripped again yesterday at her repair site for a total of both repaired sides and she already denied the port side re-rip. She will be hearing from me today in about 20 min. :rant: :rant:

duramat    462

Try from a different phone this time.....she's onto your numbers as with mine LOL

enzo101mo    98

Hey spud this is bull$hit!! How about the Bimini company they should stand by the product too. I had the sticking coming out of my enzo when I first bought my boat and Adam's Service guy was suppose to send back to bimini company. I waited six months for it to return going to Mission RV every month, till one day I was really Pissed and the salesman went upstairs to fined it. He came back down with it in his hand and told me it was never shipped out for repair. He told me to take it to an upholstery shop and have them fix it and to give him the bill. It was nice for the salesman to wanting to do that but Adam Olinger (owner)was standing right next to him and didn't even offer to pay for the repair. I took it to upholstery shop in Santa Maria and it only cost me $10.00 f--king bucks. I paid it and didn't feel right to have the salesman pay for it and never went back.

Why is Centurion not standing by thier products? This is a bunch of crap. :rant: My Brother hates his boat and tells everyone about his problems he has had with Centurion, that you would thing Centurion should have called it a lemon from the begiining and repalaced the boat for him.

Avalanche1    0

I am definitely looking to replace this, what size (drive shaft diameter) would I need, 2011 Avy with PCM 343. Also the tool that was shown in the picture thread, what is that and where would I get one?

Avalanche1    0

Super, thanks for the reply, I did see the install that H did, makes it look easy but I am sure it probably isnt. In searching for the best price (think I found it at http://www.deepblueyachtsupply.com/products/dripless-shaft-seals-inch/ModelNumber/02118134 ) for this PSS it seems there are varying lengths to this part. Can anyone tell me which one I would need from this link listed. Thanks

superdtf    68

Super, thanks for the reply, I did see the install that H did, makes it look easy but I am sure it probably isnt. In searching for the best price (think I found it at http://www.deepbluey...Number/02118134 ) for this PSS it seems there are varying lengths to this part. Can anyone tell me which one I would need from this link listed. Thanks

The length is the standard 6.25", and I'm assuming the shaft is 1-1/8, what I'm unsure about is the stern tube diameter. Spud says his was 1.75" and others have said 1.5". If it was my boat, I'd measure it.

Anybody know what the diameter of the stern tube is on Avy1's boat is?

Spud    7

If nobody replies within the he, I'll be home and check my receipt for the info. Pretty sure 1.75

Edited by Spud

Avalanche1    0

So I am going to try the grease route first, however I am having a hell of a time getting to the shaft seal itself. Remember I have the PCM engine and there is very, little room to work. Has anyone with the PCM 343 engine tried to work on thier seal and have any advise on the best way to get to it. My arm looks like I was in a fight with a freakin cat due to the cuts from the lack of room to work....I need help!

superdtf    68

So I am going to try the grease route first, however I am having a hell of a time getting to the shaft seal itself. Remember I have the PCM engine and there is very, little room to work. Has anyone with the PCM 343 engine tried to work on thier seal and have any advise on the best way to get to it. My arm looks like I was in a fight with a freakin cat due to the cuts from the lack of room to work....I need help!

You can get a "Lube Accessory Kit" at your favorite cheap Chinese tool store that will help you do this maintenance.

Tswicegood    0

I had my OJ Prop dripless shaft seal installed last week, took it to the lake today and not leaking. Part and Labor was $500.

Avalanche1    0

Tswice, I need some help with the install of the OJ seal. My local guy was trying to install the PSS but could not get to it so I am hoping the person who did your install may be able to give some words of wisdon. I sent you a PM, I hope you can help me out....thanks