Yes you will also love the elbow grease.

Parsons, get some before and after shots.

I think I have tennis elbow from all the scrubbing over the last two days. Mostly trying to clean up the seats, also took a claybar to everything above the bump strip.

Borrowing a buffer, but it looks like the weather will not cooperate for these two weeks 'off' I have to get stuff done.

duramat    462

Wintertime!! The buffer is the only way to go :thumbsup:

Also ran into this nightmare when I took the shrinkwrap off the boat. Had it winterized and wrapped for the NH winter, then things changed and I shipped the boat down here to Alabama. The hot fall/spring and mild winter did a number on my boat.

post-3814-0-07335700-1346089575_thumb.jpg

This is after about 4 hours of scrubbing with various cleaners and detergents I read about online. What's the BEST for cleaning near permanent stains off vinyl?

post-3814-0-43214500-1346089603_thumb.jpg

Edited by ActonParsons

RhuntIII    555

OMG!!!DUDE. Be thankful they look that clean. You did a great job. What else is mildewed?

truekaotik    458
Also ran into this nightmare when I took the shrinkwrap off the boat. Had it winterized and wrapped for the NH winter, then things changed and I shipped the boat down here to Alabama. The hot fall/spring and mild winter did a number on my boat.

post-3814-0-07335700-1346089575_thumb.jpg

This is after about 4 hours of scrubbing with various cleaners and detergents I read about online. What's the BEST for cleaning near permanent stains off vinyl?

post-3814-0-43214500-1346089603_thumb.jpg

Looks like they didn't have it properly vented brother :( that sucks!

truekaotik    458
I still use Finesse-it II. I love that you can buy a LARGE bottle of it. Then I use Xymol as a cleaner wax, smells fantastic. I used to use Turtlewax Rubbing Compound for stuff that was in-between, but once I ran out I never bought more and haven't needed it.

The "Crystal Cut Polish" that True linked does look awesome. I'll have to try that.

Oh I still love me some finesse... This boat candy stuff is pretty dang good though so far... I like it as good as the others but it's DUST FREE... :) I do one high speed run with a foam pad and crystal cut till its glass, then I come back with the Gloss by hand at the beginning of the season... Then speed gloss once a weekend when I get there on Friday and it hold the shine all weekend.. Water beads right off it... It's friggin amazing how it holds the shine... The boat looks brand new sitting still... Until you power up and see the bottom :(.. Lmao

With ALL the vast many of other products I used, I had to pull once a month to high speed its super shine back.. This lasts the longest on keeping all the spots from really digging into the gel... Just my opinion.. I don't like to wax and clay bar by hand if I don't have to ;)

superdtf    68

Oh I still love me some finesse... This boat candy stuff is pretty dang good though so far... I like it as good as the others but it's DUST FREE... :) I do one high speed run with a foam pad and crystal cut till its glass, then I come back with the Gloss by hand at the beginning of the season... Then speed gloss once a weekend when I get there on Friday and it hold the shine all weekend.. Water beads right off it... It's friggin amazing how it holds the shine... The boat looks brand new sitting still... Until you power up and see the bottom :(.. Lmao

With ALL the vast many of other products I used, I had to pull once a month to high speed its super shine back.. This lasts the longest on keeping all the spots from really digging into the gel... Just my opinion.. I don't like to wax and clay bar by hand if I don't have to ;)

I'll have to give that a try. I don't use clay, should I? I thought it was for automotive finishes/polution, etc. Also, I clean and wax the bottom once or twice a year. Nuts I know.