truekaotik

flyboy wakesurf board

Dreamer    96

If you are 5'-10" or less then spend the extra cash and get the IS Flyboy. My 11 and 13 year old boys are able to ride my Flyboy no problem. You will be able to cruise, spin, jump or what ever you want on the board. It is light weight and durable, a perfect combination.

truekaotik    458
If you are 5'-10" or less then spend the extra cash and get the IS Flyboy. My 11 and 13 year old boys are able to ride my Flyboy no problem. You will be able to cruise, spin, jump or what ever you want on the board. It is light weight and durable, a perfect combination.
I'm 6' 180#s

Dreamer    96

Then if I was you I would look at a longer board unless you ride with a narrow stance. I am 5'10 and had to narrow my stance slightly from how I ride my Shred Stixx.

If it is a board that you are going to share with everyone on the boat then I would not get a custom. From what I have read the mucus is a great all around board that your entire crew will like.

duramat    462

Then if I was you I would look at a longer board unless you ride with a narrow stance. I am 5'10 and had to narrow my stance slightly from how I ride my Shred Stixx.

If it is a board that you are going to share with everyone on the boat then I would not get a custom. From what I have read the mucus is a great all around board that your entire crew will like.

VERRY GOOD POINT

Them customs are more fragile, better you ding it than an inexperienced buddy handling it. (accidents do happen) Thats part in reason I'll start a newbie on either my bluelake or Squrit (sacrificial boards if you will)

truekaotik    458

I have only rode a liquid force fish ( the green one) that will be my starter board for people. I'm looking for a better advanced board than that but not over 5-600 total... I'm thinking it's not possible with the tail style I prefer ( I know it don't matter much supposedly)... That's just me, the ones I liked are out of stock :-(

Dreamer    96

I rode that "fish" board once and thought it was a slow pig. It did not feel very agile with that tail.

There is an IS Mucus on eBay in your price range. I have read lots of good reviews on it. You can also change up the fins as you progress on it to get different rides.

truekaotik    458
I rode that "fish" board once and thought it was a slow pig. It did not feel very agile with that tail.

EXACTLY what I posted earlier!! It is a friggin pig :-) glad someone else has rode it and agrees... Dura mentioned the mucus as have a few peeps here.. I'm leaning more soulcraft the more I twiddle my thumbs :-)

truekaotik    458

Just wish they were cheaper!! Lol oops didn't realize they all were 6 or more... This is harder than I thought for Pete sake!! Lol

desotodave    0

Before you spend serious change on a board you really should ride it. I have a real issue with almost every board brought up in this thread, because I weigh 220 lbs. tried the flyboy once, and it is WAY too small for me and they only make it in one size. Does not mean it is not a good. Board, just not good for me (see what I am saying).

For me my favorite boards have bee n Phase 5, and I currently own 6 of them. Not because I am sponsored, but because of what they do for me. I also have a couple of IS, SS, and 4 other various brands of more entry level boards. I have never ridden a Soulcraftboarding, but have ridden the walker project, (nice board) XXX (not so nice) victoria(not great build quality, but rode okay) . That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Someone also mentioned it is 90% the rider. That is really a big deal. I was riding with Drew D one day and he took a couple runs on our Landlocked (easily the biggest and slowest board out there, I use it for beginners). Well he gets air, does 360's, rides it backwards, shuvits isn the flat, all things I can't do with a much better board.

My recommendation, try it before you buy it.

Dreamer    96

Ya, if you have a chance to demo some boards that is the way to go. At least try a surf style and a skim style board to narrow your search.

duffymahoney    10

You can probably get any custom board thicker glassed and thicker coats or more coats of epoxy for durability. Just you sacrifice weight.

truekaotik    458

I will see if I can wait to try some out or I will just pull the trigger and pray!?!? Lol

Thanks guys!!

Edited by truekaotik

truekaotik    458

Cold a$$ Indiana at the moment.... :-(

DarksideR    1,679

If you're like me, it's pretty hard to demo boards. The only boards I've rode have been other boaters boards. In this case, you really have to go by what reviews you're getting. Destodave is right about the flyboy being small, I've rode a couple of the older handmade ones, and I'm 6'1"ish and 180ish. They felt a tad too small to me but hella fast! Very loose too. I guarantee you you'd love the Mucus. It's probably the best board in your price range. The next step up, IMO would be the SweetSpot. Just don't think of this as the last board you'll ever buy... that's pretty unreallistic. Most of us have a small handfull of boards... some have stacks. I started with a Bluelake, which I hated, then a XL Drew skim, which I loved. But I still wanted a surf style board. Currently have the Mucus and a Large and Small Drew carbon fiber. I ride the Mucus most of the time. I love it, everyone that rides it loves it. Beginners to Intermediates like myself. If you can swing the Soulcraft, I'd choose it over the Mucus. If not, I think the Mucus is your board. Hope this helps.

truekaotik    458

Man.... D, I wanted the mucus, it's the same color as the boat, but I will only buy thru centurion crew and it is out of stock so I'm bummed :-(

Edited by truekaotik

Spud    7

X2

islander033    2

Get the Mucas, I'm riding one in my avatar...lol.

It is as good or maybe better than my Sweet Spot.

I rode alot of boards in Texas at the last event. #1 for me was the FlyBoy(custom non-IS version). #2 was the Soul Craft. #3 was Mucas or Sweet Spot.

Note: I don't enjoy skim style...

LakeSurfer    10

Man.... D, I wanted the mucus, it's the same color as the boat, but I will only buy thru centurion crew and it is out of stock so I'm bummed :-(

Production for 2012 boards will pick up in a month or so. When that happens, the Crew (or any other dealer) will have supply. I would just wait. You may also be able to find a used board over the next month or so.

truekaotik    458

I'm thinking I am gonna wait then, like lake suggests. Thanks islander for the info also, seems the mucus has came up the most and again it matches my boat so I think it will be my next board... Then I will try a custom soulcraft later ( only cause of H's build board! I loved the look of it)

Thanks to ALL of the crew that posted your personal favorites:-)